Better than loveless

Better than loveless

Loveless is one of 5 10/10 albums in existence. So no

a much better comeback album than m b v

The first half is better than loveless. 2nd half is just ok.

This, AOTY potential

I wouldn't say its better, but its definitely a worthy successor. I can't wait for the next MBV album desu.
9/10.

I'd say on the same level. Everyone Knows and Don't Know Why were my favorite songs from that album.
AOTY material desu.

What are the other 4?

No over the years I've come to hate Loveless it's not something you can just put on and enjoy. I find myself listening to old MBV a lot more than I do loveless. Like I get why it's important but it's too loud and edgy for me most of the time.

I love the softer mellowness of MBV it sounds right

out of curiosity, what are your other 4 10/10 albums?

probably Pet Sounds, OKC, TVU&N, ITCOCK or some other mucore-y shit

Loveless
Deathconsciousness
F#A#(Infinity)
Laughing Stock
Science Fiction

TVU+N
Disintegration
STGSTV
Chocolate and Cheese

No

>visits Sup Forums once

>Visits mu since 2010

>takes Sup Forums as some kind of artistic compass

Cringe

Maybe
NO
no
Yes
No

>but it's too loud and edgy for me most of the time.

I dont take anything from mu nignog, Ive formed these opinions over time

so which album did Science Fiction replace in your Top 5?

what a piece of shit album

Prisoners OST

>VACCUM SOUNDS

I used to genuinely enjoy Loveless. Sup Forums has completely ruined it for me. It's a decent 7/10. Anybody who gives it more than an 8 is shilling.

objectively a pleb opinion. next

>Sup Forums ruined an album for me
jesus christ this better be ironic

Let me rephrase that;
Sup Forums constantly shilling for this album has made me painfully aware of it's glaring flaws.

jesus christ this better be ironic

I was just about to post this what the fuck

Loveless is a fine album. Decent even.
But let's not pretend that apart from Only Shallow, the rest of the album is unremarkable.

this. better. be. ironic.

Loveless is a 6/10 album with one 10/10 song. Stop getting your opinions from Fantano

>only shallow
>best song
neck yourself

It objectively is, numale

Stop baiting this poorly, also this better be ironic or you've fallen for the "contrarians are patrician" meme. Only Shallow is only the 7th best song on Loveless

Only Shallow is the only song on the album that doesn't fall under the vacuum meme

This album sucks because Kevin and Billinda ain't kids no more, they are middle aged people with real life problems and tasks

>stop getting your opinions from Fantano
>get's opinion from Sup Forums
Pleb

9/10
5/10
6/10
10/10
I don't listen to Brand New

It's good but the first three songs are vastly superior to the rest of the album. It's by far their worst.

>praised unanimously for decades
>some numale cuck reviewer's opinion is somewhat relevant for album's status

>being (You)
shiggy

LMAO oh please, Sup Forums sucks so much dick for this album.
I haven't seen a single convincing refutation for any of my opinions. stop shilling

Yet it's one of the loudest songs on the record.

I never said you can't have an opinion. I was stating how ironic it was that you get your opinions from Sup Forums

>Participating in a musical circle jerk

i hope this post was a joke

>I haven't seen a single convincing refutation for any of my opinions
post actual opinions first then instead of retarded bait. you better be ironic

like I said, I'm not jerking off over this record, unlike a large portion of Sup Forums

Do you feel cool because of that?

>I'm not jerking off over this record, unlike a large portion of Sup Forums
Wow damn can I blow ur dirty lil patrician dick

hahhahahahahahahha holy SHIT hahahaha you stupid fucking faggot hahhaha LMAO

Honest, unfiltered opinion:
Loveless is a decent album that has a good amount of potential for re-listening. I understand that it is an important album.
HOWEVER:
It gets far more praise than it is due. A lot of the songs are just sort of coasting on the initial premise of "stack lots of guitar tracks". listening to more than a couple of songs at a time just gets boring. Aside from the colors and textures on display, the album is kind of dull.
6/10

Only Shallow is a serious banger though, so 7/10.

Only Shallow is the worst track you poptimist

name your favorite albums

Triggering Sup Forumstants gives me a sexual thrill. I do it for the (You)s

>It gets far more praise than it is due
retarded claim, prove it
>stack lots of guitar tracks
most songs have less than 3 guitar tracks, the production style shields used to achieve this is one thing that was so innovative and why people can't duplicate it cuz they try by stacking lots of tracks but that's literally not how loveless was made you fucking iidiote
>dull
you just have shitty ears that can't hear the songs, it's a lot more than just textures and Idk what you mean with colors unless you're a synesthetic or tripping

When You Sleep is a more serious banger you filthy goddamn pleb

(you)

You got something against good riffs, gramps?

This

90% of the songs were originally written by kevin during the 90s
he just didnt record them and put them together until 2013

>Retarded claim
I'm getting attacked by about 6 different numales for expressing an opinion
>Innovative
Because nobody's going to blow $6000 on a pedal board if they haven't already made it in the industry
>Shitty ears
Seriously...? Are you referring to the handful of chords used? Are you referring to the rhythms being buried under a wall of noise? Colors refers to the harmonic content btw
>filthy goddamn pleb
This website is for users over the age of 18

Would you please speak English?

It's not allowed to write "ain't"?

also I don't even dislike this album. I have lukewarm feelings about it. I'd just rather listen to other things most of the time

Well allowed is a tricky subject as there is no defining body of English rules. Although it does lessen your argument

weakest response I've ever read, thanks for nothing. You can't back up opinions for shit
>Seriously...?
Yes
>over the age of 18
>using nu-male unironically
then leave?

But I'm black, it's how we speak bro

Well strive beyond you racial limitations user, do not seek to conform to mediocrity

it's just a racist prescriptivist bro don't mind him

this man knows

I am not racist, I believe black people can be equals with whites and vice versa. There are whites who need to improve and blacks who need to.

Well your brand of linguistic prescriptivism is racist and used by racists to mock AAVE, so maybe you should do some critical thinking about why you're so strict about how other people choose to talk

Well golly gee, I was really hoping you'd be my best friend after all this was over, but I guess that ain't gonna happen now that I've expressed why I have a neutral opinion on Loveless!
Do you understand now why I originally said that Sup Forums ruined this album for me? is it not painfully obvious now?
I didn't even say I disliked it. I gave it a fucking 7/10. But as we all know, anything less than an 8/10 is just a roundabout way of saying 1/10, right?

Hmm, how I choose to speak is racist? Well im sorry to have offended sir but perhaps your notions on the subject aee disjointed

Nah, though it is pretty good. It's better than Isn't Anything and Only Tomorrow is one of the best things they ever recorded.

>Well golly gee
this better be ironic

>I gave it a fuckign 7/10!!!!
your score opinion literally means dogshit to me I was just refuting your other stupid "opinions" like "too many guitar tracks Dx"
and again, letting an anime imageboard ruin your opinion of an album? better be ironic

>better than Isn't anything
no
OP the first half is pretty solid. The second half is good but not as "great" as loveless. Also nothing particularly revolutionary in terms of sound.

No, how you choose to make other people feel bad for speaking a certain way is racist

Only Tomorrow > Who Sees You > If I Am > Wonder 2 > She Found Now > In Another Way > New You > Is This And Yes > Nothing Is

To Here Knows When > Come In Alone > Only Shallow > Loomer > When You Sleep > Soon > Blown A Wish > I Only Said > What You Want > Touched > Sometimes

Im of african heritage myself however, how is wishing the rest of my race excellence racism?

that's called race-traitoring, and prescriptivism isn't excellence

Nah actually I was joshing. MBV are a bunch of hacks. If you told them to play unplugged, they probably couldn't do it. They just haul around a metric fuckton of gear to make up for a lack of talent

>hacks
Take your advice and leave if not over 18, you're not helping yourself nor the board so why play this charade

>no

Yes. It's not as cutting edge sound-wise but the performances are way less amateurish. Lose My Breath is the only song on it that I think has much of anything over its successors. I wish they'd make another dark acoustic song like that, it's fantastic.

You're really latching to the over 18 comment, did it touch a nerve?

The riff is the nosiest part of the song you goof

>Yes
user as much I absolutely adore this band and love it to death, I'll disagree

>It's not as cutting edge sound-wise
I guess that's why i put loveless above mbv. M b v shows that they've grown as a band artistically into something more mature albeit with less edge.

Besides, I feel that m b v is more top heavy whereas loveless is consistently great throughout.

>I wish they'd make another dark acoustic song like that, it's fantastic.
Me too senpai. Even though I disagree with the ranking, even I'd love more stuff like m b v

You say that as if it's a bad thing

I mean if the problem is the rest of the album falls under the vacuum cleaner meme, it's weird that your favorite thing about the album is one of the loudest, most memeable riffs on the record.

When You Sleep and Sometimes are the songs to choose if you hate vacuum cleaners.

You get that the vacuum cleaner meme refers to the long, droning chords rather than a track being noisy, right?

m b v is a bit more top heavy though it's also more ambitious and divides into sections. The first third is them honoring their heritage - everyone likes Loveless, this is what you came for. The middle third removes the fuzz from the equation and focuses on the band's more melodic tendencies. The final third does the inverse and goes almost straight noise rock. I feel like it's an exploration and deconstruction of the Loveless sound as a whole and it makes a lot of sense to me as a follow-up, not so much as the legend that people make MBV out to be as much as the restless act they always were.

to be 17 again

17 and a half much different user?

Is there any oldfag here who remembers what this board was like when they released this album back in 2013? I'm curious how anons reacted to a successor to an album that has unequivocally and uncontestedly stayed on it's defining music chart consistently.

It actually wasnt well liked, but the hype was real

Generally pretty positive, though opinions seemed to have thinned out a bit more over the years. A lot of people were happy just to see a 3rd album obviously but seeing as it wasn't a blatant retread of past glories some people were definitely a little cool on it.

Who sees you is their best track ever

although the best thing they ever did was the coda at the end of honey power