Happy 10th birthday to Animal Collective's 'Strawberry Jam'!

Happy 10th birthday to Animal Collective's 'Strawberry Jam'!

Wahoo, what a great album from start to finish.
Personal faves are:
-Unsolved Mysteries
-Cuckoo Cuckoo
-Safer
I think this is their most cohesive work to date. Full on synthetic alt/pop catchy.

I've listened to this fucking album in my car so often that I cant hear the tracks on their own without needing to queue up the rest of the album.
Happy Birthday Strawberry Jam

I THINK IT'S ALRIGHT TO FEEL INHUMAN NOW
I THINK THAT'S ALRI-IGHT YEAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!!!!!

the beginning of the end for them desu

w-what did you just say senpai

I like how everyone tries to point which album was their "beginning of the end"(Deakin, Avey Tare, and AnCo's EP have all been very good) and they always say it's one of their good albums instead of pointing out the album which everyone acknowledges is horrible and their worst release to date (CHz).

happy birthday strawberry jam! thanks for all the love and happiness that this music gave me

CHz is not terrible lame-o. get some taste
more like the end of the middle

CHz was the first anco album I pre-ordered and I was pretty disappointed :/ there's only a few songs I like but there aren't really any flawless ones they all seem a little off, some more than others. to be fair, their trajectory would be impossible to maintain, they had to fall off at some point

I'll never get this
Animal Collective have always been an inconsistent bunch of musicians
Even in their so-called "Golden Age" (2003-2009) they were coming out with mediocre-to-poor projects like Pullhair Rubeye, Young Prayer, and the Terrestrial Tones stuff

Strawberry Jam may not be their most original or best album, but it's their most varied and representative of who they are. Very creative and from happy to sad at times, all the songs are great.
This said, Hollinndagain is the most underrated thing they've ever done and it gets thrown under the rug way too often. Crazy how the release date is unknown, we should ask them what exact day of 2002 it was.

I hadn't thought I'd enjoy an album with that album cover and name nearly as much as I did. It's so sweet and yet so fun and enjoyable.
This is when I knew that I should explore anco beyond SgtStv.

IF I IF I IF I IF I IF I IF I IF I IF I

>Young Prayer
>mediocre
Holy kys

I'm not the person you replied to but I honestly don't mind if an artist or a band comes out with bad projects as long as it was done in the spirit of experimentation and exploration. It's a problem when an artist/band churns out the same old thing over and over again out of laziness and recycles the same tropes in the genre (either from their own discography or someone else's).

I'd rather anco have highs and lows than be consistently boring/mediocre. Besides, I feel that there are very very few artists/bands that strike gold with literally every album they release. The ones they do tend to have very few albums or are just exceptionally rare (to the point that even I can't name prolific geniuses). I guess originality does come at some risk of failure. Which i think is fine.

true.
>not their most original album
true. but i'd say that i honestly haven't much music similar to this (by other artists). in general. so when i first heard strawberry jam and person pitch, both of them came across as really fresh to me.

June 28, 2002 dude, it's not a mystery...

Animal Collective as the best

Huh, haven't listened to this in a while but I guess it's a great day to.

Now, for the real question:
Is the best song
>#1
>Chores
>Safer
or
>Derek

HOW I LOST MY BOY HOW I LOST MY BOY HOW I LOST MY BOY HOW I LOST MY BOY

Reverend Green and Winter Wonderland

Glad to see this thread, was going to make one myself. Happy birthday Strawberry Jam! You mean so much to me

Safer isn't on the album and it's either For Reverend Green or Fireworks

>WHAT DO YOU
>SEE WHEN YOU
>SEE INSIDE OF ME?

I've always thought Cuckoo Cuckoo sounded quite like to Footy by Deakin. The drums are what really makes it. Anyone else?