Today is my birthday and I'm 30 y.o. and I'm thinking what's the point on living

Today is my birthday and I'm 30 y.o. and I'm thinking what's the point on living.

Is this what a midlife crisis is?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a-4rY0wmuNI&t=29s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

last bump, anyone having a midlife crisis now?

Nope just standard depression. You figured you'd be in a different place by now. So you have to start taking steps to getting there today. You can't really compare yourself to others. A lot of successful and happy people are actually miserable as fuck and just do a good job of hiding it.

That's some scoliosis right there.

this man speaks as one who survived the change

How do you know they are miserable?

yup depression, 18yo here and i dont spend a signle day without thinking the same thing

>Is this what a midlife crisis is?
No, you need to reach mid-life before you can have a mid-life crisis

Take it as the moment to start to give a fuck about yours or someone else situation.

Do not worry about try to do what you always thought life must be and it isn't. That does not means anything.

If you do that, you will find that you can be really happy.

I have its a constant struggle to climb upwards and it takes a long time to see the reward in some areas. If you can love yourself the money comes almost as easily as the women.

So 40 then? What is this one im feeling?

Talking to people outside of social media that seem to have it all. But are actually struggling with relationships or money but don't want people to know.

That's fucking it, i dont know what to do with my life. Not married and no gf i feel like im alone and its scarry. No friends either and a lot just vanish after having kids..

Only if you plan on living to 60, lol... Seriously, 30 is young. When I was 30 I had nothing. 48 now and have an awesome wife, two great kids, house, cars, not rich but getting by alright. Get a grip, you'll be fine but only if you try.

Turned 32 last week (the 5th).

Depends. I got married 6 months ago. I am generally happy. Through life I was always a partier and a bro type who also played games and import games. Had parties twice a week in my apartment. Always was with a girl. Cheated on a few. Had the time of my life. My mom passed in 07. Not sure if I was trying to live it up or if I didnt want to deal.

Hit 25. Realized I dropped out from college twice. No life plans. Worked at a gas station 3rd shift.

The last seven years have been a steady fight against drinking every day, dropping out of school again, quitting my job. I'm always so ready to give up that I've ignored medical problems (except the TIA i recently had) and have decided that getting black out drunk and putting my head on the train tracks is my back up plan in life.

My wife does not know.

I have a friend a bit older that dropped everything, went to cali (from ohio) at 26 and mooched off his parents and lived in a studio with 3 guys and 1 girl (who always rejected him starting when she was 16) she moved back later that year and he stayed. As of now, i dont know what became of him aside from him living with his parents and older brother.

The long and short of it is, life sucks. Its a constant struggle for me to just get moving. The best thing I can say is if you can do something, you want to do it, it is something that isn't wasteful (like buying alchohol or acid) invest your time in it.

Theres something very true about the fact that construction workers are much more rewarded in life seeing something physically tangible they've built vs the bank manager who sees nothing but fake numbers all day

How are you then/b/ro? How old are you?

When did you get married? People my age start getting married/having kids and then just vanish..

Stop being a bitch. Work on your life, get fit and do things you know you should be doing.
It will eventually turn arround.

youtube.com/watch?v=a-4rY0wmuNI&t=29s

So is pic related? I donĀ“t get it? 30 yo hot asian?

Holy shit. Never thought I would find a pearl of wisdom on this site

That is the point, why are u worried about getting married?, forget it, you do not have to get married, it is NOT mandatory.

Enjoy your life, enjoy your moment, you are living in a period were you do not need friends to have fun, or flirt with girls (just use any social media)

Probably you have been obsessed with girls and social life thinking you are doing something wrong. Forget it, just look for something u like, it does not matter if what it is, just start practice that and enjoy your life, and in case that you need sex use social media or pay a bitch, not street one, pay a good one.

Social life comes when you are doing what you like.

>Is this what a midlife crisis is?

No, a midlife crisis is when you've spent 20 years building up a career, a family, perhaps a home, other responsibilities,
then you suddenly start thinking of all the things you didn't do and missed out on, and that perhaps you made the wrong choices.
You're tempted to give up what you've accomplished to chase something new, probably related to your passing youth.

Im worried about NOT getting married and finding a compatible girl.

why?

I expressed myself bad. Not get married is not bad, in fact as time pass getting married is less important in society.

You would be surprised of how many people that are married would like to be single

Because everybody my age is getting married and having kids or have a long term relationship and stay together most of the time.

I am 32 now, 33 in under a month. When I started the first year of my 30s I was miserable and alone like OP. I was going to college for a degree I wasnt 100% on. Met a sexy older woman in one of my classes, that didn't work out. Then another one and now I'm interning at a IT company and my girlfriend is 7 years younger than me, we get along great and the sex is fantastic.

But sometimes the long hours and the continued education and fatigue make me question if this is the best path. Can I make more money doing something else or working somewhere else? It's a very human trait to reach goals and then feel unsatisfied so you search for another.