Are there any video games that aren't meant to be fun?

Are there any video games that aren't meant to be fun?

Desert Bus

Most true horror games aren't necessarily made to be "fun." The early Silent Hill games are an example.

What argument are you trying to win?

simulators like euro truck, train sim, msx and shit are not meant to be fun but are games

also arma and shit but yeah

>What argument are you trying to win?

what?

That whole game was a joke on the industry. You had a game that could be rigged to always win against friends, another one you couldn't beat.

E.T for the atari

Dwarf Fortress

Lisa the painful. As it says on its steam page.

nice

THERE'S THIS MMORPG CALLED Project Gorgon, that shit is fucking torture. Wanna level up? Grind that shit, you're outa god damn luck if you think a quest is gonna give you jack or shit.

Maybe Spec Ops: The Line.

Never played it, but from what I've read, it seems like it was trying much harder to prove a point than to be fun.

Define "fun"
Also "meant to be fun"
Especially you

Russian Roulette

Great game...but yeah think Apocalypse Now, but in game form.

All the ones the SJWs put out. Also see the game Gone Home. They very much intended for that game to be more about some faggy experience and political message. than fun.

I loved that game

probably SOMA. It's meant to make you ask questions about life, souls, afterlife and the meaning of it all. Basically how to deal with existence.

Day of the Tentacle.

>Bunch of teenagers running around in a big house, tentacles... and none of them get naked, have sex, or get tentacle raped.

Losing is Fun!

Not getting laid?

Real life

/thread

That dragon, cancer or Hellblade

I Wanna Be The Guy and all the games like it

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

I think GoNNER is more like an art show than a game.

A light kek

anything Sup Forums jizzes over this week

Papers Please is meant to be soul crushing and boring

My Summer Car.

This. I don't know anyone who has beaten it

FIFA 2015 and up

I think all these retardedly hard platform games that have been popular in the last few years aren't really meant to be fun. AVGN for that matter

I don't think you understand the concept of this thread, and that makes me fearful of your future and western society in general.

Soma was ok, i wouldnt say it was "not meant to be fun."

I don't think you understand the concept of my dick nigga

This guy

>/threading your own post

No I'm not that retard. I join in your hatred of this gay ass post.

There was some stream FTP that's called game of life or something similar, it's ind of depressing, anyway, I'm not searching it, but I'm sure you can find it

Wow fuck that

Dota

/thread

World of Tanks

Literally one of the best games ever made,

Are you talking objectively or subjectively. Arguably any game you don't like is subjectively unfun.

Objectively Games like Lisa and Hatred are designed to be unfun on the aspect that it is an awful situation that you are living out rather than playing a game for some aspect of enjoyment.

Also bad games, like most everything made by Bethesda, are both objectively and subjectively unfun because they are designed poorly, programmed poorly, have poor story lines, and are genuinely so generic you wonder if anyone working for them has a single original thought in their head. These kinds of games are the worst, and there is a lot of them.

I had fun with it, but I'm autistic so my opinion doesn't really matter when it comes to games.

Surly most horror games are played for an emotional high, rather then "fun"

Find cover. Wait. Keep waiting. Don't break cover. Motherfucker what are you doing? You can't just charge in. Fucking artillery.

Assfuckers 3000: Benny's return is definitely one to keep an eye on

League of legends

Gta5. Get home from work, then grind the same shit at home.

4s

Yeah, it gets old driving through the hills in a monster truck only to come home and do the same.

It was fucking draining to play that game.

The Beginner's Guide maybe? It wasn't really "fun", but it was interesting.

There are simulators that are ridiculously real, not really meant to be fun

I dont know what they were thinking

Or this one. Literally 0 fun value.

Rainbow Six Siege

Stanleys Parable.

When I think about it... 99% of the ps1 games I had weren'tfun or felt like they were meant to be. Just weird acid awkward graphics shit.

its fun if you good

I'm decent. the ranked play is miserable

"Fun" is a buzzword.

Paradox games. They are so complex that they are far beyond "fun" city.

They are still entertaining tho, and I love playing Europa Universalis IV but it's more about killing time than having fun.

No
everything in life is fun, there is no way to design a game that is not fun