Why is 90's music so much better than today's mainstream garbage?

Why is 90's music so much better than today's mainstream garbage?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=if2xaFsddUg
youtube.com/watch?v=u3ltZmI5LQw
youtube.com/watch?v=7J3U4Ke0SCY
youtube.com/watch?v=SA-v1aRvo0k
youtube.com/watch?v=ViHPJ9w5Hbk
scaruffi.com/vol6/aqua.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

every third pop song in the 90's utilized breakbeats and everyone in the know knows that breakbeats are superior to trap beats

People cherished music more back then because it wasn't so readily available like today. Now that the fucking internet has come in place the bar for music quality is low and the demand for cheap, consumable pop and memerap is at an all time high for the 5 second attention span snapchat generation.

Luckily we're beginning to move away from that with Gen Z and many older bands seem to be returning to the old standard of the 90s/early 2000s

youtube.com/watch?v=if2xaFsddUg

Why is 60s music so much better than 90s mainstream garbage?

Less black people t b h.

t. black person

The 90's were the second coming of the 60's, what with 90's rock and pop taking so much elements and influence from 60's pop and psych rock, and the plethora of hip-hop and electronic musicians sampling 60's jazz and library music records.

Nah, most of that 90s crap has aged terribly and newer music has only further explored in terms of sonic ideas what was developed back then.

Proofs?

>5 second attention span snapchat generation.
tl;dr

>vaporwave is the only truly new genre/scene to emerge from the 2010's
some sonic exploration you've got there

>90s music
>every other song is bubblegum electro garbage or corny sexualized soft-techno bullshit from somehwre in Belgium
>boy bands everywhere

right said fred >>>>>>>>>>>> taylor swift

I really don't know, most of the music i listen to is from the 90s. Shit was just better then.

Like, fucking everything? It would take post after post after post for this.
Well, not really. In that it's not "truly new" as you're insinuating nor did the 90s have "truly new" stuff. That's disingenuous as fuck. But even then, this has nothing at all to do with what I am talking about as even the musical ideas that already exist have been further refined.

All of you guys are fucking retarded. The bad music from (insert decade) won't be played because that's just what it was. Bad. So you'll never hear it or listen to it. The fact that you guys are living today gives you the ability to listen to all the good music and bad music. People decades later will be like why is our music so much worse than 2010's music, I wish we had (insert popular genre/music) here. So shut the fuck up retards. Can you think for a second?

this is Sup Forums we don't do a whole lot of thinking here

>post grunge

>Can you think for a second?
Depends. Can you suck a fart out of my ass?

As if the things you listed are bad things.

youtube.com/watch?v=u3ltZmI5LQw
youtube.com/watch?v=7J3U4Ke0SCY
youtube.com/watch?v=SA-v1aRvo0k
youtube.com/watch?v=ViHPJ9w5Hbk

see

What are some modern big beat artists or just artists that refine the big beat formula?

there has been shitty music from every decade

some decades have more shitty music than good music

Aren't you a decade or more too late with Take That?

Seriously though, look at what was popular in mid-late 90s. Fucking garbage. Tell me you can unironically enjoy 2Unlimited, Aqua, E-Rotic or Rednex. I listened to an old SONY Music sampler cassette I got in 97 and its SO BAD. Only thing that's even approaching being good there is Oasis and The Lightning Seeds.

Are people unironically doing the lewronggeneration bullshit? Jeez I thought this was a shitposting topic.

You seriously don't like Aqua?

scaruffi.com/vol6/aqua.html

God no.

lewronggeneration bullshit is ok as long as its from the decade you were born didn't you get the memo?

Being a delusional fuck is being a delusional fuck no matter what.

Forgot that this is Sup Forums where only born in le right generation-ism is allowed and anyone who doesn't abide to it needs to go back to redit.

How silly of me.

Instrumentation and vocals. Not only does it not feel manufactured but the emotions that are evoked just feel more genuine, fun, and down to earth. Nothing is better than blaring "Distanse" (Cake) in an old manual Accord gunning through the Cumberland Resivoir with that fear of a Crown Vic pulling up behind you and ruining your good time. I'm stuck in the 90s.

Well, that's because right generationism is far more valid most of the time, building off and further exploring the better aspects of the past.

After reading the replies.....Has this board consistently reached a new level of autism everyday that passes

Yeah, Backstreet's Back feels so genuine and unmanifactured

idk I have trouble thinking of any drum and bass or IDM artists from the 70's or 80's

contemporary takes on older popular music genres seem to be not so much refining them as they are wallowing in nostalgia for times when those genres were *actually* relevant

even vaporwave (if you are willing to accept it as a new genre and not just a rebranded modern take on new age music) is extremely nostalgic in nature

it's as if we hit a dead end and there's nothing more to do than shake our booty to the latest mumble trap hit, or just wallow in nostalgia for when music was actually of any value

I think my nastolgafest clearly described the 90s music I enjoyed. Beck, Cake, Beastie Boys, etc.

Its because of the shift to the internet. Pop just has to be catchy enough for the lowest common denominator, everyone else can get their music on demand anywhere. It's not about musical progression thru generations but about people squeezing the most money from a dying business of pop music radio.