Explain buddhism in words a retard can understand

Explain buddhism in words a retard can understand.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xuCn8ux2gbs?t=388
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

let go

Be chill

It'll all get better next time.

dont fuck up and fucked up things wont fuck you up

HUR LIKE YING YANGO BRO DUR LIKE LIVE DIE AND LIVE AGAIN JUST TO DIE HUR REINCARNATION DUR BE GOOD DUR BECOME SPIRIT SMART HUR BE BAD YOU BECOME DOG WOOF WOOF.

There you go.

is it just me or does it look he is twisting is nipple

is it just me or does it look like he is twisting is nipple in the pic

Religion of the soul. Take Tai Chi Chuan.

Energy transfers to other shit when you die. I think not until the next big bang though

A guy gives up all his possessions, sits under a tree, and ascends

stop wanting things

buddhism is legit for fags

Life is suffering.

Presence

Be calm, if you fuck shit up, you can try again until you don't

achieve nirvana then proceed to follow Kurt Cobains path

Your life only exists when you are a consciously a part of it. So choose to participate in a way that will make you happy.

rich guy falls asleep under a tree, dreams he is better and smarter than everybody else

"Give me your money"

The past did not happen like you remember it.
The future will not happen like you think it will.
Those things are not real.
The only reality is the here and now.
Through meditation and mindful practice you
can learn to better experience the present, and reduce suffering in your life and the world.

i thought i killed all those people and im going to go to jail. guess i was wrong, time to fap. Damn its good to be enlightened.

Take only what you need and don't live in excess. Be compassionate to others

wanting is suffering , if you want nothing then nothing can control you

there is no past there is no future , there is only the present

buhadism has nothing to do with "others" or any external entites

you can be an evil Buddhist or a kind Buddhist , Buddhism has no morality ... this is its gift this is its flaw

Sounds like being a nice guy, but translates to "keep your money, focus on saving money so that you have money instead of posessions"

Contained Nihilism.

Buddhism is about getting rid of your suffering.

Their is suffering from external factors and suffering from internal factors.

Buddhism says you do just enough to contain your external sufferings.

Then, train your body and mind to get rid of internal sufferings.

Um part of it is to reduce the suffering of others

Enlightenment; nothing special.

give away all your money and off yourself

if you can't bring yourself to do that then maybe just meditate in a cave for the rest of your life

no it transfers straight away to a person anywhere in the past or future

What makes you think it's a person?

We are made in the same way and logic that the nature, our thoughts arent a different happening than the sun nuclear fision.
Buddhism is knowing this

20 people understand life
then one guy comes along and understands life and figures out how to teach more people how to understand life
Buddhism is born

Buddhism teaches that life is not perfect, suffering exists. Suffering however can be beaten. Suffering can be beaten. Suffering can n be beaten by looking outwards(acquiring goods or power) but by looking inwards(becoming a better person, wiser and kinder).

Buddhism is separated into two texts Pali and Sanskrit. Both originate from the same place and person. Pali text is the origin of Indian or Theravada Buddhism. Sanskrit text is the origin of Chinese or Mahayana Buddhism.

This.

not*
fucking not
not n
lol my bad

this person has no chill

It's ok to need stuff like food, shelter, and company, don't hurt anyone, and work your own way through life.

Life sucks.

It sucks because you always want more.

There's a way to stop wanting more, and be content.

This way is the Noble Eightfold Path.

>life is not perfect, suffering exists
wow no way

youtu.be/xuCn8ux2gbs?t=388

Who's the buddha? This guy. He sat under a tree for so long he learned how to ignore the fact that we're all dying. You could make a religion out of this.

well actually reincarnation is not a core element of Buddhism but rather a secondary idea taught only to stress the importance of ones actions

reincarnation makes learning karma quicker

so if you wouldn't mind not being a cunt :P

Whatever you do, do it mindfully,
and
"In life you will suffer, learn to accept what you can't change, and accept pain, loss, disappointment, and change"

That's really about it. They're good lessons. Very, very good. Every one of those words (dissapointment, suffering,mindful, etc.) are important concepts

Give up material things
Find peace
Chill
Maybe learn some karate in a temple if you want

lol.
The human condition entails a lot of suffering, and the more keenly aware of this suffering you are, the better you are at decreasing it. Buddhists believe that "life is suffering," and probably suffer far less than the rest of us for that reason.
Now, the Buddhist tradition is a bit different. The Buddha never preached Buddhism, he preached The Dharma (The teaching!) and a bunch of people got together and made it into a religion. My take on this is that Buddhism evolved into organized religion so that a) people converting from extant organized religions would be more comfortable with the transition and b) it gives Buddhists the right to make fun of organized religion (they are notoriously comfortable making fun of themselves)
Now about the Dharma: it is not a concept, unlike virtually all other religions. Likewise, your breath is not a concept. You don't have to have any ideas about how to breathe, no instruction is necessary; you can place conscious attention on your breath and take control of it, or you can forget about it and let it happen on its own.
I've seen a lot of comment that describe Buddhism as letting go. To "let go" is to allow your life to become like your breath. If you stop placing overwhelming/excessive conscious attention on your life, and allow your life to blossom on its own, you will be subject to far less suffering.

There's more to be said on all this, but that's a taste that might make you curious to find out on our own. If you've read this entire post, enjoy a breath with me.

Seeing through delusion through meditation and virtue.

gay

when you're young and surrounded by seemingly uncaring and mindless people hearing someone say that suffering exists can be a huge relief. so yeah, no way

letting go is an interesting concept
I've found one quick teaching that goes along with it that helped me

Enlightenment is like shitting...
it only works if you're relaxed.

buddhism is intentionally neglected and misconstrued in western culture to steer its people away from it

you just cant simplify and sum up buddhism that easily, but its one of the only things id generally recommend to any human being to check out and try to incorporate in their life

Basically...let go of what was, accept what is, and have faith in what will be.
You were born with everything you need.

but also accept happiness and love.

Just as one accepts that a leaf will fall from a tree, they would also accept a new leaf to grow.

>reddit spacing

like food and water?

like love

Thats just the beginning though

You will strive to not want things, you will fail.

You will strive to live without ego, you will fail.

You will learn more from these failures than you can from your success.