Anybody else /comfydesk/ here?

Anybody else /comfydesk/ here?
>Also, general Sup Forums room thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j9c1vSIpHA0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh shit, I've never gotten quads before.

checked

checked
and no, I wish

checked, Holy LED's batman

I will obey the quads.

Which room? Any room?

Yee. 2 LED strips were 20 bucks at Cotsco. They up the comfy factor.

The room in which you sleep and/or browse 4chin.

you really need at least 1 of these

I've got this 25 foot LED strip for like $15. Taken down atm because moving soon. Room isn't as comfy anymore I miss my soft beating colours

I sleep in my room, play vidya in my office and browse Sup Forums on my couch in the living room.

Ooh, you're right. That would be awesome. I'll look into that.

Here's my battlestation. Jelly? I live in the unfinished basement of a century-old plastics-forming factory which was abandoned more than a decade ago. I have no fridge, no stove, no heat, and no shower. But I do have fibre optic broadband and an i7. Ain't modern technology grand?

Wow, nice Quints.

At the same time, lame Blade Runner desk.

care to explain?

How did you get into that situation?

Also, I like muh Tron desk.

more pics? sounds cool

I'm a hobo, and I've been trying to renovate the building into a community centre to celebrate the hobo traditions using salvaged materials and the little money I have. It's called the Utah Phillips Centre for the Hobo Arts. The only way I can afford to do this is if I live in the basement while I renovate the building.

This is a place where outsiders and outcasts can come to relax, grab a coffee, read a book, play some vidya, check their email, and not have to worry about money or being forced to socialize or participate in something.

We also offer free classes in the traditional hobo arts, like whittling, fortune telling, busking, and folk art made from found materials. We also act as a drop-off for old musical instruments people aren't using. We'll teach people how to play, then give them an instrument so they can go out and busk for spare change.

Sure, here's the scary door to my little hidey-hole in the basement.

Sex. Lots of it.

sounds like a good thing you're doing user. not for me, but good on you.

aren't a lot of homeless mentally ill though? i feel like it would be a great place to be stabbed.

Here's mine, need to get led strips still

I'm not even sure how to respond to this. I've written and erased three or four attempts at a response, but I don't think there's much point. I'm not going to undo a lifetime of prejudice, so I won't even waste my time.

I remember you posting before user. Good to see you are still going. Ever try to get a go fund me or something like that going for the center?

Yeah, our go fund me has a goal of $20k, but all we managed to raise was $1200. As demonstrates, there's not a lot of public support for promoting the history and traditions of hobo culture. Well, I knew going into this that it was going to require a pretty hardcore commitment. I haven't had a shower or a hot meal in two years, but nothing good ever comes without sacrifice.

This is really cool, user. I've never heard of this before. I may just go and donate.

hey i'm all for helping the homeless but i'm not sure promoting it as a culture is a good thing user.

"Sell Yourself" Promote the brand in any way possible. It will only do good.

Oh, you're Canadian. What's that aboot? When you said Utah center I was thinking utah, US. Only 1200.00? That sucks. If I had spare cash atm I would throw some your way.
Still it is good to see you are still going. I remember the other thread I saw you in, things were going badly for you at the time.
Well you have to remember, a lot of anons on here don't get out a lot or go places by themselves or convo with total strangers, thier only reference us what they have heard. There are mentally ill people on the street and those get talked about more than the people just trying to keep thier head down and make it day to day.

Also, not to take away from your glorious quads user.
>checked

There's pictures of the centre on go fund me if you do decide to donate. You can see what the place looks like and what we've managed to do so far.

If you have ideas for our "brand," feel free to contribute, but as you can imagine we've already considered and tried pretty much everything.

Utah Phillips (pic attached) was a member of our union, the IWW. This centre is named in his honour. Utah was a real hobo and rebel, and worked with everyone in the business, from Willy Nelson to Ani DiFranco. I've tried contacting some of the celebrities he worked with over the years, but none of them have even responded to my emails.

Here's Utah performing Hallelujah I'm a Bum: youtube.com/watch?v=j9c1vSIpHA0

reporting in

Hello /pol hey where can you buy a ww2 era German flag these days?
I want one before it's illegal to buy them