Hey guys I'm thinking of getting a build for a gaming pc. What do you think of this

Hey guys I'm thinking of getting a build for a gaming pc. What do you think of this.

Processor: Intel core i7 7700k (4.20 ghz)
Cooling: Triple liquid cooler
Chipset: Intel Z270 Chipset
Memory: 250GB DDR4 2400MHz - 4x 16GB DDR4
Hard drives: 250GB NVMe M.2 SSD and 4TB SATA3 HDD
Video graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Chassis expansion: (2) 3.50 Internal Drive Bays (2) 2.5 Internal Drive Bays
Power supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 watt power supply

get urself an amd cpu and mobo, go for a 6gb 1060 and u saved urself around 600+ bucks. fuck intel, go ryzen

What makes what your telling me better?

8 cores. , amd..>for gaming> same bucks> don't need 8 gigs for games on a video card.>triple liquid cooling isn't needed

Appreciated dude thanks

If you want to stream, definitely go and get ryzen. Way better at simultaneous workloads.

If you want best performance, get an Intel, still have better instructions per clock and higher overclocks than ryzen. Stick with the 7700K, the newer chipsets are more expensive and don't offer any advantages for the money.

If you want cheap, got a lower end ryzen 5 or 7 and overclock it to the speeds of the higher end chips, instant savings.

I second the no liquid cooling, get a nice Noctua or similar cooler and you will be set. HOWEVER, if you intend to do serious overclocking, get a 240mm AIO or an EK fluid gaming kit if you want to overclock your CPU and graphics card.

Ok sweet thanks for the detail man

This is my mans

*in the corner* go intel

What's the difference between Intel and ryzen?

Ryzen: more cores, better workstation/multitasking and for streaming
Intel core: less cores, more focus on single core processing, better for gaming and generally has better performance, but RYzen is still rlly good and with overclocking is better

Don't listen to these poorfags that cant afford real hardware, they are trying to trick you into the depths of overheating and mediocre standards.

Your build is pretty sick and very solid / futureproof. I wouldn't mind overpaying for that build. the i7700K is AMAZING for streaming. So even if a ryzen is better you won't need that extra anyway.

I also forgot to mention, triple liquid cooling is very fucking good if you get the i7700K that can be pushed close to 5ghz. It is needed. Temps are important.

Honestly though, Intel still champions gaming ans is still great for steaming, Ryzen is overkill and still even with an 1800X still has less performance than Intel. Too many AMD fantards these days

Also I plan on getting a single liquid cooler for an i5 8600K is that good or not enough?

why not get the 8700k coffee lake?

8600K is still Coffee Lake but my build is already like $1,350. the 6 core i5 coffee lakes are rlly good and I don't feel like using the extra cash on an 8700k

>

You should ball out and get a 1 TB M.2 SSD

I got an AMD mobo and an intel processor. works pretty well imo. willing to try an AMD processor next time i think

I wanna get an SSD only setup on my next rig, but they're still pretty expensive. Still, there are a bunch of new (and cheaper) M2s out right now.

Still, the boot time will be so fast that I can't get to the BIOS

MESSAGE TO OP AS LONG TIME SYSTEM BUILDER AND HUGEEE FAGGOT, I GOD DAMN LOVE LIQUID COOLING BUT YOU CAN SAVE WITH GOOD OLD HEAT SINKS. DONT FALL STRAIGHT FOR THE MEME UNLESS YOUR OVERCLOCKING THEN YOULL NEED THREE FAN COOLER HAVE A NICE DAY OP GOOD BUILD

Thanks dude and yeah to most of the people in this thread money isn't an issue I have 4k to work with