Music is subjective

>music is subjective

can we end this meme?

music has an objective aspect. people just look for different things in music. different styles/approaches to music offer the listener different things.

its not purely subjective because some people like the same music for the similar reasons.

there's subjective and objective aspects to music but they're mostly pretty much impossible to determine

its not a meme

any person who thinks music is objective is verifiably retarded. I'm not even going to argue at this point, I just suggest you take a critical thinking introduction course at your local daycare center.

Subjective is a way of viewing, the statement itself is completely retarded. Subjective also refers to viewing yourself and your own experiences through the object you view so a subjective take on something is only ever about yourself and is therefore irrelevant outside of casual smalltalk.
Just posting an objective statement on subjectivity.

The human brain is objectively hardwired to prefer certain notes to be paired with other notes. We like certain sounds and find others horrible. Their are objective and subjective aspects to what makes music "good". Theres a difference between what makes the artist, the art theyve created, and how the listener reacts to it, which have objective and subjective parts to it.
Then theres the whole mess about binaural beats that doesnt work with the "subjective vs objective" framework

>can we end this meme?
Why let you fucking retards dictate my taste?
As far as I'm concerned, your "objective opinion" on music is even shittier than my taste, as bad as it can be.

oh for fuck sake the logical positivists are at it again
I was hoping you were still recovering from when you got BTFO the last time.

Like I fucking said, take a critical thinking course.

Rap and grimes shills everyone.

See

see

>can we end this meme?

No, because language itself is subjective, ergo everything including music is objectively subjective.

Notice it's only vapid posers who care whether music is objective. The Grimes rap comparison made just further proves you're driven by your egotistical motive to make yourself look better and not on basic reasoning a literal monkey child would figure out.

you seriously believe that an opinion is either correct or incorrect? is this a joke?

fuck you're just a big joker man aren't ya. how can you just say that some people are flat out wrong for what they listen to, fuck that's so stupid.

Then what are the objective facts that define good music. How can we connect that people enjoy harsh noise to that people enjoy classical or that people enjoy opera music

It is objective reasoning that let me post my subjective opinions as facts because THEY ARE FACTS

Vapid indie rock shit shill, everyone.

>objective reasoning
You know nothing.

I don't even listen to music.

/thread

So this means that catchy pop music is objectively the best music?

If music can be objectively judged, what are the criteria? When you compare two songs, with what method do you decide which track is objectively better than the other?

no im not saying its objectively the best music, but that there are object structures to it that make it appealing. deciding what music is "good" is a combination of both objective and subjective means. Look at trout mask replica. it throws out the objective song structure that are appealing and just shit all over it. He is the the epitome of the objective vs subjective argument in music.

WOAH