90,000 gallons of oil spilled in the Gulf of Mexico last week and no one is talking about it

youtube.com/watch?v=59KHqspkJjg
Why is this not major news?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WTsDqIcpHUc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Everyone is busy fapping to trump

>90,000 gallons

Meh come at me when there is a problem.

Because that's such a small amount...an Olympic sized pool holds just over 600k gallons, 90k is nothing.

For reference the last oil spill 6 years ago was over 130 million gallons

The size of the Gulf basin is approximately 1.6 million km2 (615,000 sq mi). Almost half of the basin is shallow continental shelf waters.

The basin contains a volume of roughly 2,500 quadrillion liters (550 quadrillion Imperial gallons, 660 quadrillion US gallons, 2.5 million km3 or 600,000 cu mi).

90k gallons isn't shit.

oil spills are actually good for the environment

just like global cooling.

Because it was contained quickly and cleanup is going well, dipshit.

As a comparison, the BP oil spill flowed for 87 days, dumped 210,000,000 gallons, and killed 11 people. Not to mention the amount of wildlife affected and killed, and tourism dollars lost.

>gallons

REEEEE

>Port F0ur-ch0n
I CAN'T EVEN TYPE THE NAME OF THAT TOWN, IT THINKS IT'S SPAM

>Enough gas to fill 6666 cars
>Valuable
>Disastrous to the environment and causing further damage, some which will be expensive to fix
>not a problem

Maybe instead of building a wall, America should just take over the Gulf of Mexico. Mexico don't seem to give a flying fuck about their oil and America loves oil! Yum yum!

this

90k? in a week? BP was that in a day

>and NOBODY is talking about it

I hate this meme so much.
Something like 25 people have posted this in my facebook feed in the last hour acting like no one is talking about it.

its literally fucking nothing.

this is 0.04% of the size of the major oil spill from 2010

depends, will the sandniggers still be visible to be shot at with all that shit on the water?

youtube.com/watch?v=WTsDqIcpHUc

So we should begin judging oil spills by the largest of them all? That's how low we're setting our standards? The damage is still just the same. Mexico is incompetent, stop making excuses for those fucking burritos.

>90,000 gallons

That's 2142 barrels, it's such an insignificant amount compared to a large oil spill.

The Exxon Valdez released, for comparison, 1.48 million barrels. The BP Deepwater Horizon spilled nearly 5 million barrels.

They're fixing it. What is there to talk about? A fucking gas station goofed. Shit happens sometimes.

I think it should've been completely preventable in the first place, though, but I'm not saying it needs to be on the front page.

Why should our threshold be based off of major oil spills? That does not make sense.

>"The second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it turned into blood like that of a dead person, and every living thing in the sea died"
>Revelations 16:3

IT'S HAPPENING
>

It would be a big deal if it was on an important coastline or big coral reef, but ~2000 barrels is nothing compared to the size of the ocean.

No one's talking about it because there's probably 90,000 gallons released from natural vents in a few days, JUST in the Gulf.

Crude leaks into the seas naturally. As long as it's not a large spill, nature can clean it up pretty fast, as bacteria love that organic rich shit, especially once the phenolic compounds volatize out of it making it less antibacterial.

t. orgo chemfag

Because it's insignificantly small. Call me when it's a serious problem.

>90,000 gallons

People aren't exaggerating. That's literally nothing.

Easy kiddo!
The ocean ground constantly leaks oil and there are microorganisms who live from this oil, turning it into harmless microorganism poo.

Most of the BP oil spill was cleaned by these microorganisms. Nature is beautiful!

So as long as it's not the size of the ocean, it's okay? I'm not following. They need to be held accountable. They are being held accountable. I'm just saying that if they thought like you, we would just let beaners run shitty leaky gas operations in Mexico. But they don't. The video says they started contracting to clean that shit up. No need to make it headline news.

the sea is a ecosystem things
That don't belong move and harm shit in ecosystems.
Pol needs to understand what ecosystem fucking means. well the ones that can.
increases in bacteria that may or may not be beneficial to the seas food chain may fuck with the food chain. plus its not good for larger sea life.
No it does not need headline news but it needs humans to clean up what we fuck up.
and to say a area OF the worlds seas have nothing to do with places elsewhere is pure undiluted stupidity. wildlife migrates.