Listened to this finally

So this is just Sup Forumscore merged with black metal. This is weird.

I don't think this is black metal, I don't even think this is metal.

That being said, it's very interesting music, props for originality. Will definitely listen again really soon.

t. nu-male

i love deafheaven :] theyre my favoruite band!

It sounds like shitty screamo shoegaze or something. Listen to Darkthrone or some shit if you want black metal.

>numalebather
>original

Sunbather 2013: the birth of blackgaze

It's not Sup Forumscore but don't listen to everyone here who says that the album itself is shit. Sup Forums was in love with it before it caught on.

I can attest to this, I remember the several thousand "Is this the logical conclusion to music" threads at release. Pretty damn good album but a lil overrated.

Don't mind me, just Posting the superior black gaze Album.

>listening to black gays
>expecting it to be anything metal

it sounds incredibly dull

It's the ITAOTS effect. Everyone shilled it on Sup Forums to high heaven until ever single indie outlet went along with the "NMH is a 10/10" sentiment and now Sup Forums acts like they hate it. Deep down everyone knows it's a good album. Everyone's just gotta be a contrarian.

Don't fall for the Sunbather meme, user. It's completely shit, listen to true black metal.

*blocks your path*

If you're gonna listen to blackgaze, at least listen to Alcest.

That's actually my second favorite in the genre
Great taste my man

This is what untrve coping Sup Forumsmales tell themselves

this album is fucking boring, also blackgaze was already a thing long before this album so i really don't understand the hype

The black metal general isn't representative of mainstream thought on this board. Metalfags have always hated Sunbather, but Sup Forums as a whole circlejerked over Sunbather when it came out before it got super popular.

I thought it was pretty meh. Everything about this album annoyed me more than anything. If you want me to be honest, Alcest/other Neige's side projects are the only blackgaze I find interesting.

What I'm trying to say is, anything "black metal" or "blackened", Americans suck at it

Black metal is not "metal". Black Metal should be considered a different genre as it drifted away from the childishness, leftism and degeneracy of literally most of the metal scene. Yet it is riddled with newfriends who misunderstand it.

It has black metal influences hence it is normal for it not to sound metal.

I really can't into black metal. Sunbather is the only album that's clicked. I've tried all the essentials. I like that this album has melody-oh god those drums on the title track are awesome.

I can get you into black metal, user-kun! Just tell me what genres you like and I'll recommend you some albums which are "easier" to get into by the people who listen to the genres you like.

i thought it was good on the first listen but it was boring every listen after that

that said, i thought it wouldve been better without any vocals at all

So basically you're saying that black metal has no melody? Listen to In The Nightside Eclipse, Anthem to the Welkin at Dusk, Ashen Eidolon, Arntor, 1184, Ashes Against The Grain, and the list goes on.

I don't know the first two, but Ashen Eidolon and Ashes Against the Grain aren't pure black metal. 1184 has some trance influences too.

Im sorry, you are just a pleb who cant into trve metal