Marilyn Manson

Wha does Sup Forums think of the new manson song?
open.spotify.com/album/6hZXYnPxVY0aDCEBj5I4oj

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bmblT8_9-7U
youtube.com/watch?v=tAHaSI199gg
youtube.com/watch?v=XCdzQP2QiVk
youtube.com/watch?v=zWoiOt11yPA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=bmblT8_9-7U

It's nothing special.

its okay, chord/note progressions are kinda meh. Wish the drums were a little more modern and electronic sounding... i dig the vibe, though sounds like styles we've heard from him before. Was hoping for the envelope to be pushed a bit more

Are you fucking kidding me.
After such a long wait for a single to drop we get this generic piece of shit.

He was never good.

It sound like a shittier version of Ministry to be honest.

I thought his live versions of some of the songs on the upcoming album from his tours were pretty decent.

this thread barely got any attention, kek, that's so sad.

*tips fedora*
Le enlightened gentleman

I like it

better than anything on the latest NIN EP

not saying much

It's certainly more ambitious than what he's been doing in the past 10 years.

It actually kinda sounds like he would have done in the early 90s, like a discarded ACSS demo song. Not as exciting or well-performed, but he's channelling something I thought he'd lost entirely.

I'm hopeful.

pleb opinion

alt-normie drone pls go, daddy trent doesn't know how to music anymore.

Kek, no, NIN's latest EPs were far beyond, it was some of the best NIN's best material.
This is fucking thrash.

I hope you meant that it’s trash

i dont like this new meme

No, you go, if you genuinelly think this is any better than NIN's EP you need to get out.
Marilyn is not even coming close to the agression Trent showcased in NTAE and songs like "Not Anymore" it's fucking tragic how far Marilyn has fallen.

Because nobody cares about him anymore

And we are not just talking about agression here, but song-writting and progression in general, Marilyn in this single has not showcased anything original.
Meanwhile Trent fucking punched and surprised everyone's tits off with NTAE's single "Burning Bright"

You mistake aggression and abrasiveness

turning up the saturation on a boring desert rock loop does not make it aggressive

A strong riff played on a shitty bontempi keyboard can be aggressive

If you think this single is more agressive than NTAE then I don't know what to say to you.

NTAE is not just abrassive, it is also agressive.

This single is just an utter failure.

Originality is worthless by itself.

I hope you at least know that.

NTAE didn't surprise because the music was groundbreaking or anything, it surprised because it's been decades since we've heard Trent use a lot of abrasive textures

it's pitiful

Tyler Bates is genuinely one of the worst musicians I've ever had the displeasure of listening. Born Villain was gritty, post-punkish and goth tinged, it was written by his main songwriter Twiggy.

However, The Pale Emperor and these new songs took all my hope and crushed it, mainly because Bates has an incredible capacity of making every song sound exactly the same. When I first heard the adjective 'cinematic' to describe his work, I was expecting some experimental flavour in Manson's work, but now I know that his current collaborator is a capeshit level composer with zero talent. If you don't believe me, just listen to the new Stigmata cover that they've done, for an artist like Manson who is often praised for twisting the original songs in his covers, that shit is so lifeless that I'm surprised Al hasn't publically shat on their 'effort' on social media. Embarassing, pathetic, laughable.

>I don't know what to say to you
How about saying the truth: that you actually agree with me even though you don't like the notion that trent is still stuck doing boring half-assed music that doesn't pack a punch.

I don't like it either. I was really hyped when I heard that people described NTAE as proper industrial rock, but it's barely rock at all, and it's not so much industrial as it's just kinda noisy.

No, I don't agree with you, stop projecting.

>NTAE didn't surprise because the music was groundbreaking or anything, it surprised because it's been decades since we've heard Trent use a lot of abrasive textures
Someone didn't hear the The Slip's Letting You?
Or most of Year Zero?
And name a song in NIN discography that does something like Burning Bright, you won't find it, because it doesn't exist.
And when we ignore originality, then the EPs have are genuinelly amazing by their own right.

And I don't care about NIN making agressive music anyway, Hesitation Marks is one of my favorite records from NIN, a record that is mostly devoid of agression.

Then you're flat-out handicapped. Your notion of aggressiveness in music is all fucked up.

The EPs are boring. They're uneventful, dreary, dull, unimaginative. They genuinely sound like the result of lazy improvisation.
>And I don't care about NIN making agressive music anyway, Hesitation Marks is one of my favorite records from NIN, a record that is mostly devoid of agression.
That's just bad taste on your part.

If you think that NTAE isn't agressive you are the handicapped one frankly. Because I have no other word for songs like Branches/Bones, The Idea Of You or Burning Bright (Field On Fire). They are angry and agressive, not just noisy. It may not be the exact same agression which was in TDS or Broken, but it is without a doubt agressive music.

Trent's new EP's have an actual force to them where this is just Brian being angery again
That's the aggression you're missing here

You are a musical cripple. There's ten times more aggression in contemporary movie trailer music. Considering trent's background it's downright embarrassing that he can't even equate the level of aggression of a basic Inception horn SFX.

>an actual force

Where the fuck is it then? Cause I can't hear it. And neither can you, cause it's not there.

>You can't hear it user, I don't like it, therefore you don't like it
>I don't think this is agressive, therefore, it isn't agressive to anyone else
You're a dumb fuck

You're a liar. You are pretending to hear shit that isn't there.

Why would I lie about an EP I genuinelly enjoy on an annonymous message board, yes, I hear it and you are just desperately trying to make your opinion be a fact even though no one agrees with you.

I'm not listening to a satanist.

Its literally right there in the fucking songs holy shit
You're basically asking me to describe the concept of water to a fish

You know guys, it says a lot about Marilyn Manson, the single is so bland that people shit post about NIN instead.

>even though no one agrees with you
To be fair there's only two queens arguing here, and that's you and the other guy.

tfw Brian won't get his shit together ever.

NTAE being an agressive EP is a thing many bring up, you are the only person I've ever met that attempted to try and try to claim the EP is devoid of aggressivity.
And I know it's only you, because I spoke to you before here on this board, you are using the same arguments and the same phrases, you are the only one who ever tried to make these arguments.

So, it is either like this; either everyone around you is musically crippled, or you are the one who is deaf who can't hear what everyone else can around you.
Or I am being sucesfully baited.

I thought he was getting his shit together in The Pale Emperor, that looked like right steps into the right directions.

Kek
kill yourself user.

To be honest, despite it still being shit, it’s still better than the albums he released in the late 2000s

one step forward, two steps back.

youtube.com/watch?v=tAHaSI199gg

The second atrocity against Dresden in a century.

The other songs sound like they’ll be a lot better. WKWYFL will probably be the Birds of hell awaiting of this album.

LMAO, wrong reply you paranoid imbecile. The only post I made in the whole thread was I only called you a queen because it's honestly funny seeing this long argument of two anons over something completely irrelevant to the thread.

you two sissy boy

>I only called you a queen because it's honestly funny seeing this long argument of two anons over something completely irrelevant to the thread.
No one cares about Marilyn Manson.

Marilyn Manson is my favorite artist. I think The Pale Emperor is a fantastic record.

With that said, I think this single is hot garbage. I sure hope the song coming out on the 20th is better.

There’s a song coming on the 20th?

It sounded like you were the same guy, sorry man.
My autistic arguments over music is important to me f a m.

I actually agree with that after 2015, but you should take your meds regardless.

Yes, the second single, Kill4Me.

>I actually agree with that after 2015
I mean, I guess he had that really good single that ended up in John Wick, that got him into a spotlight, for a moment.
And yeah, hey, I admit it, I am acting like a fool here over nothing.

It's ok.

Source on the date?

>L Y N C H ED

Thanks f a m.

Anyway, to try and get back on topic.
Apparently this YouTube video fucked up the music's audio and it sound better on Spotify, did someone fuck up?

Nice ripoff.

Sounds likely. The audio quality on the Beats1 stream was fucked also.

Several radio jockey's already have it and it's listed on allmusic.

Sounds good

The motherfucker sounds like if he is trapped in a bottle dying from lung cancer.

Not bad.

To be honest, that is probably what is actually happening
>mfw this is Manson's Blackstar

Fuck, meant for

>mfw he’s dying of heart disease and liver failure and not cancer

The "FIRE FIRE FIRE AWAHYYY" part sounds so awful, his voice is really fucked up.
Apart from that, it is really forgettable.

the song is really just okay. i dig the production that comes from him working with tyler bates, but this song is pretty generic and meh. it might grow on me, but i'm guessing the album will be better. manson has a tendency of making the shittiest songs on an album the singles. (See: Heart-Shaped Glasses, No Reflection, or Amra-God-Damn-Mother-Fuckin-Geddon)

I thought The Pale Emperor had pretty nice singles.

His heart disease can kill him?

I thought it was kind of like an alert, for being alert and that.

Manson released half the album as singles though lol

I was mostly reffering to "Killing Strangers" and "Deep Six" I thought those were probably the best of that album, his voice really worked well in those songs, it doesn't work that well in this one, his voice isn't as energetic to do something like this.

What would you have chosen instead of No Reflection? Arma.. was the 2nd single (and one of the worst songs of his career), We're From America was the first taste of BV (and one of the better ones from the album).

I think that this will be the last disc of his career.

Probably. He should have quit after TPE though.

His voice is so awful when he is repeating "fire"
Would have been a nice ending to his career, it wouldn't be going out with a bang but it would be respectful.
This is not sounding good so far.

He just said that he's already ready to work on new music since this record took so long and that it definitely won't be his last one.

The majority of the music from EMDM, HEOL and BV sucks. Mansonfags will deny it, but it’s true. EMDM and HEOL and poorly written messes and Born Villain had awful production.
I think its kind of hard to pick singles from these albums.

Unfortunate. He’s going the ministry route at this point.

*are poorly written

Maybe he still has a chance to improve? R-right?
I mean, Pale Emperor was good.
This album's single have been sub-par, but perhaps it has some good tracks on it.

I hope he don´t fuck his voice more.

I would rather to hear him singing with his head voice than sounding like a dying cat.

He sounds like a dying cat here to be honest.

That´s why I said that.

These recent covers are both great desu
youtube.com/watch?v=XCdzQP2QiVk
youtube.com/watch?v=zWoiOt11yPA

You know stuff are really bad with his voice when he can't make it sound good even in studio, where he can take unlimited ammount of takes.
This was apparently the best take they've had
FIREH FIREH FIREH FARAHWAAY

Poor man.

I would pay to make him young again.

I don't think this is just a matter of age, he went on and still goes on to fuck his health up with booze and drugs. Just look at his performances, there is no way he is doing them sober.
The guy's 48, it's not that bad of an age and many artist still have excellent vocals at that age.

It sounds better on Spotify rather than Youtube for some reason

This is such a faggot opinion, I'm so tired of hearing it from Manson 'purists' who think that his only good work came from the Triptych.

EMDM had really good songs, Putting Holes in Happiness, The Red Carpet Grave, They Said That Hell's Not Hot, Eat Me Drink Me. Yeah, the production on Born Villain isn't great but that was produced and created independently and iirc they recorded that in Manson's old apartment in Hollywood. I love the High End of Low, but yeah it is probably the weakest of the three. Some great tracks on there though like Unkillable Monster, Devour, Leave a Scar and Blank and White.

Hey, Cruel World and Slo-Mo-Tion were great singles but No Reflection was the first taste we got from the album. I probably would've chosen Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms, that song is fucking great.

Does the truth hurt?

>OP posts rocking new song that has nothing to do with NIN
>thread turns into Trent wankery anyway

I'm getting tired of you people.

is right though.

Get help brion

FUCK
OFF
I
DON'T
NEED
IT

It sounds worse than the worst Filter song, sad!

I never realized how similar his voice is to Beck's.

Wow...