Would you live in a place that was absolutely infested with Brown Recluse spiders if it was the best you could afford...

Would you live in a place that was absolutely infested with Brown Recluse spiders if it was the best you could afford? Keep in mind that they're not aggressive. You can pick one up and fling it without worry.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=G605Pw1YFv4

Other urls found in this thread:

fox4kc.com/2017/02/27/kansas-city-apartment-overrun-with-snakes-leaves-family-in-fear-but-unable-to-move-without-deposit/
kshb.com/news/national/extreme-case-of-brown-recluse-spiders-drives-owners-from-home
pitch.com/news/article/20572778/jerry-johnstons-first-family-church-getting-booted-from-overland-park-megachurch-home
uanews.arizona.edu/story/spider-venom-reveals-new-secret
cnbc.com/2017/11/03/white-house-approved-report-concludes-humans-are-behind-climate-change.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes because spiders are my natural enemy so I would enjoy killing them all the time.

At least 400

Already do. Froze half of a big one with an upside down can of air duster. The unfrozen half still scrambled around, almost making it run in a circle. I also saw a cat smush one with her front paws, spreading it across the floor like butter on toast.

After seeing 2 decent sized ones within seconds of each other. Decided to put them in a cup. Ended up with 6 or 7 of them in a 10-15min period while working on my car in the garage.

They stay mostly in the garage/basement so it's nbd but my mom did roll over on one while sleeping and got bitten earlier this year which was pretty gross. Necrosis. eesh

Wouldn't that make you more likely to get bit? I suggest glue traps. I'm from Leawood Kansas and I know a lot of people with scars from bites. Usually they're no bigger than a penny, but I hear the bite also stings like a motherfucker. Just because they're not aggressive doesn't mean you can't get bit.

Which state? Are you near Kansas City? Want to smoke some weed? I've got a bowl left

Wait what? I live in Overland Park and have never seen a brown recluse or heard of this being an issue. As far as I'm aware this is a pretty nice area of the US.

>landlord tells you to fuck off and will not let you out of lese because his shitty building is infested with highly toxic spiders
>Ok mr land lord im going on vacation.
>oh shit! looks like someone broke in while i was gone and put quickcreet in ALL the plumbing and also riped out all the wiring in the house!
>shit well looks like your gonna have to fix this now.

Haha I live in GA, East Atlanta OTP. I would love to smoke a bowl with you though. Love me some bud.

not him but you made me appreciate this fine ca bud I got bout to smoke a fat bowl in your honor

All I've got is green crack. Not my favorite. Too much sativa.

And honored I am. I swear that plant has saved my life. If there is a divine, cannabis has to be its gift to us.

Especially after you get bit.

Yea it keeps me happ in the long term. Even though every time I smoke this strain I feel like I'm going to die. I guess that's just those good thc crystals though.

Switch to an indica.

Honestly, if anything it's the black widows that I'm afraid of. Go to open a manhole cover, there's a black widow. Go to check the water meter, there's 3 of the fuckers. Always use a stick or something to open shit like that.

Just try to not think about all those poisonous spiders which could be around you. Black widows in California.

Try living in Australia you fucking pussys

Imagine thousands of them in your home. When those Asian beetles first arrived the brown recluse population boomed. They're basically the only thing that will eat those fucking things. They actively hunt too. They don't catch things in webs. So they're crawling around at night.

That would be a big ole NOPE.

They like dark damp areas
>toilet seat
>shoes

Yeah okay there Jeff Daniels

Are there literally thousands of poisonous spiders in your Australian home, or do you just see one once a month? You're country isn't special that way. We also have poisonous snakes here. Same area as the spiders.

Australians are such drama queens about nature. I blame their Britbong heritage

Nope

I'd rather hang myself. I am terrified of spiders

see, I would be more worried about the fucking snakes than the spiders.

Brown Recluse like dry and warm but not hot. Shoes yes, toilet no. They get into drawers though. They get in your clothes

fox4kc.com/2017/02/27/kansas-city-apartment-overrun-with-snakes-leaves-family-in-fear-but-unable-to-move-without-deposit/

Kansas City is hilarious

JESUS FUCK OP I LIVE HERE WHERE THIS HAPPENED!!!

keep in mind I am from Canada, so the only thing to really fear on a constant basis are the women.

And bears and cougars if you are in the mountains.

South-ish GA

I see black widows and scorpions more often than i see browns but they are still around. I also see more male widows than i see female ones.

Not the only case

kshb.com/news/national/extreme-case-of-brown-recluse-spiders-drives-owners-from-home

Same building? That's hilt. There is no poison which is particularly good at killing spiders.

at least it didnt bite you on your spine

Im in O.P. too. 79th & Antioch area.

Oh, that's not me. I have no scars from them. I've been lucky. 36 years no bites.

No just very close to that location

Could have something to do with them being descended from chicken thieves; not really the best stock if you know what I mean. I'd probably be a salty cunt too if I was governed by the great great great great grandchildren of the most prolific societal outcasts.

Then;
>Let's put all the insufferable people on this shithole

Now;
>Why are Australians so insufferable?

(Except Aunty Donna they're cool)

Ill get to it. Enjoy living with no electricity or plumbing

Why are your shoes damp?

They may not be aggressive, but when (not if) you did get bitten by one have you seen what those bites look like?

fuck no

idk about you but I sweat like a motherfucker and when I get home from walking all day at work my boots could definitely be described as "damp"

It rains a lot.

But brown recluse don’t care for damp. They do however like underwear drawers. No joke. They get into weird places because they actively hunt.

I take it you weren’t raised here. I was raised in leawood. Everyone knows about the spiders. Sunflower pest control specializes in them.

When my Mom rolled over on one in her sleep we found most of the spider's remains but one of its fangs was embedded. It caused an already nasty bite to be so much worse. In the end we had to bust out the picks and, using cocaine as a topical anesthetic, dig around inside this necrotising wound in search of the missing fang. She didn't even have feeling in most of the wound/bite area.

Other than that the fam's had somewhere around 15+ years in a house with an abnormally high level of brown recluses without incident.

I’ve never been but by a brown recluse. I have been attacked by rabid wolf spiders. They’re the dicks of the spider world. Watch your toes. We have brown recluse. I’ve had them in three houses in the greater kc area. From leawood to the plaza. Check your glue traps from Orkin. Bet you’ve got at least 5 brown recluse and a handful of wolf in the traps right now.

Trips of truth. Don't know what the fuck is going on in "Leawood" but apparently it's a happenin' spot if you're a spider.

That’s worse than leaving it alone for three reasons. One the fang doesn’t store poison, two it spreads the poison, and three cocain temporally restricts blood flow which can be necrotizing within itself. That’s why you get people with holes in their noses and eye problems due to cocain.

Stop doing dumb shit.

Leawood Kansas is the rich suburb of Kansas City. So mostly snobbery and bbq.

Oh, and don’t forget mega churches full of embezzlers.

No, I would just call an exterminator. Not afraid of spiders but sounds annoying as fuck.

interesting.

so, are those diagnoses really wrong, or is the guy stupidly assuming that the specimen he ran into were a statistically significant sample?

Turns out ordinary exterminators just place glue traps. Since we are talking hundreds to thousands of spiders that’s like pissing in the ocean. Thing is, unless you have pets or children I wouldn’t worry. Just don’t pick at bites or you’ll wind up having something removed. The bites blister over. That’s your body protecting itself. Don’t touch it. Which shouldn’t be hard because it stings and burns. Like a bee sting.

this looks awfully shopped

Neither. They rarely bite people and when they do they don’t often inject venom. It’s in their saliva. They inject saliva to liquify their prey, then they suck it up. The venom breaks down cells. It’s incredibly powerful, so sometimes them having a tiny amount left on the fang will cause a small transfer into your wound. Then you get a blister. Now if you roll over on one and it bites you while you squeeze it, well then you have a problem. If it hits an artery in this process your now dead red blood cells will buckshot your kidneys within literally a minute. That’s how long it takes blood to circulate through the body. A single minute and your kidneys are toast. People have died from this.

enough to make me NOPE.

NOPE.

Well it’s unlikely that many of those cases were correct. But he probably overlooked dry bites. Most of the time you won’t even know you got bit. Dry bites don’t necessarily hurt that much.

I grew up in Leawood in a rich neighborhood about 30 seconds from that notoriously stupid mega church.

It was nice, but I feel much better in Overland Park.

That stupid church spent about 2 million dollars on this stained glass window and you can't actually see it from the inside or outside.

I meant the old one. pitch.com/news/article/20572778/jerry-johnstons-first-family-church-getting-booted-from-overland-park-megachurch-home

Ah, I've driven by that one. Never heard this story though as I try to ignore religious nonsense.

I’m five miles from that. Looks like they ripped off and enlarged Beth Torah’s design. Doesn’t look like it scaled well either. Yuck.

I went to school with his son Jeremy. What a prick. Seriously. He was ok in middle school but by the time he graduated high school he turned into his dad. Spoiled, arrogant and self righteous. All while not really knowing the Bible. I’m a Jew and he was always misquoting the Old Testament in ways which made me scratch my head.

This is turning into some weird Johnson County gossip thread...

Well my small town basically is infested with Brown recluses, especially when it rains.

Proves that op really is fag

Fuck you Kansas trash, all of you

Yeah. That’s when they come in for shelter or out of the walls if you’re flooding and that’s where they live during the day.

Bunch of Kansas City faggots.

That's the first place I lived in when I moved to KC. It was brand new back then.

Found the Independence

You all want to meet up at B.B.’s Lawnside for some bbq? I’ll bring a jar of spiders.

I thought it was a pretty smart way to do at home surgery. A wee bit of cocaine about the wound isn't going to restrict the bloodflow enough to cause any major concern. What you are speaking of is chronic cocaine use. Stop being a poindexter.

uanews.arizona.edu/story/spider-venom-reveals-new-secret

And as the world gets warmer they will get bigger. Chile’s recluse are absolutely enormous. And the ones in South Africa....

I’m saying that spreading it on the bite was fuel on the fire. Also you NEVER operate on bite there is no antivenin for. You try to not even operate around it.

global warming doesn't exist you stupid fuck

Ok, now it’s a Kansas thread. cnbc.com/2017/11/03/white-house-approved-report-concludes-humans-are-behind-climate-change.html

I swear the internet got worse the second Kansas got google fiber. You people

please kill yourself , as you have proven you are incapable of doing any research, which makes you a useless idiot.

thanks

Says the person who believes global warming is a hoax. I didn’t even say man made. Go eat a bag of spiders.