Aging

Aging is a curse that we all have.

We think we are young, and we can do what ever we want, we are the 'cool' young generation, we think we never get old.

Let's face it, im 21 years old, i remember being 18 like it was yesterday.

What happend to the feeling of "time"?

Growing up is something real abstract and weird, but it happens every second.

Every human you know, you see, you chat with, will be dead in 100 years and replaced with others.

How does that make you feel?

Politics evolve around that thematic, put rent on an higher age and such things.

Donald trump is 68 and behaves like an 20 year old. ( in a good way)

Does age make us wiser? I don't think so. If we waste every second on shit, we will be shit.

Aging scares me Sup Forums it's too fast.

I think i have a midlife crisis at 21.

youtube.com/watch?v=A91Fwf_sMhk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l9b9UhFe6Eg
youtube.com/watch?v=xERitvFYpAk
youtube.com/watch?v=IiXNfb9VyNA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Life gets better with age. You're just preoccupied with the usual 21-year-old bullshit and haven't realized that none of that matters.

Ironically, your problem will go away with age.

Source: 30 years old

you get to know more things
you learn to survive new things
you can tell people you have reached old age

i think it's ok, and if you use it to help society even better

27 year old here

If you are under 25 you shouldn't be on this board.

Trump is about to turn 70 actually and you remember 18 because it was only 3 years ago, try thinking 10 years back and its much harder then remember you have 5 or 6 of those time periods left, dont worry about it bro

The years 2010 to 2016 have flown by. It terrifies me and I just try to not think about it.

>What happend to the feeling of "time"?
You wasted your time on an anonymous image board, you could've gotten a Bachelors Degree by now.

do you remember when you were 10 years old?

that was literally half of how old you are. don't worry about it, time is long, but the longer it goes on, the more you have to dwell on it to feel it's age.

i'm 24, and it feels like a lifetime ago that i was 12.

what this guy said too.

You have a disease user. And there is no cure. Things will get worse as decades will pound you to shit.

Source: 42 years old

RELEVANT RELEVANT RELEVANT RELEVANT RELEVANT RELEVANT RELEVANT RELEVANT RELEVANT RELEVANT RELEVANT

You have experience, if you could go back in time to your 21 year old you, what would you tell him?

It gets better in my opinion (I'm 32). I have an amazing wife and a little one that just finished kindergarten, it's been amazing. Wifey wants more kids, we'll probably start trying for #2 this summer.

The worst part though is watching your parents die... my father only has a few weeks/months left due to cancer. But, he's been able to watch his only grandchild Plat tee-ball and karate which has been a blessing.

Sure user, life is just a little while man.... fill it with the small things in life that make you happy

>How does that make you feel?

I'm okay with it I hate the world and have abandoned my dreams for a better life on planet earth. We're all terrible monsters living in a godless void.

20 years flew by for me. I'm not where I want to be, but I think if I was, I would still feel the same way. I'm not suicidal, but I hope to be dead around 55 to 65. Really don't want to live on this planet anymore.

t. 44 year old

To worry less and travel more.

Save money, don't buy frivolous things like the newest tech, fashion, and such.
Buy quality stuff, it may be more expensive, but it should hopefully last you for the rest of your life.
Never ever be a cheap bastard, no matter how poor you are, when buying (quality and comfort, not fashionably) shoes or tires.

Unless you just absolutely love the city, buy land and preferably away from other people. Garden, get a chicken coop.

Some things get better, most things get worse. But the older you get, the better equipped you are to just say "fuck it" to the shit things.

Source: 32 years old.

I'm 54.

I'm sorry to hear that user, I hope our planet gets better for you. I share your view, too. I want the world to burn. Burn the candle at both ends, enjoy yourself.

-35 year old

Ageing does worry me a lot. I've accomplished nothing in my life at 20, friendless KHV. I feel hopeless for the future and too apathetic to care about anything. All I've got is my family. I don't drink or smoke, so at least I'm not damaging myself.

I don't care about wealth or leaving a legacy, I just want to be somewhat happy. The future of the world is concerning too, idk if humanity will be able to handle this century. Too many fools.

this desu

Thanks bro. It's not that I'm miserable. But I'm really watching the world I grew up in go completely away. I agree, let it burn, let all these commies get their "paradise" and see where it takes them. They don't realize when you surrender all control to the govt. the corporations and wealthy they hate will still be the ones ruling over them, only they won't be held accountable to any laws. I just don't get it. Capitalism isn't perfect, but it has mobility.

>Fuck me, this started playing in my music player as I'm writing that. feelsbadman

youtube.com/watch?v=l9b9UhFe6Eg

>How does that make you feel?
Completely indifferent you angsty cunt.

I'm 40.

The 80's seemed like yesterday to me.

It gets worse when you have children and realize they're dreaming the dreams life crushed out of you a long time ago.

For now...you watch them flit around, popping bubbles and chasing fireflies, as carefree as an amnesiac in a "what is your name" contest.

>20 years flew by for me

am soon 24

HEAATINGSSS

hey /de/ bro

21 here too.

I agree that our generation may never "die". We do get old. We grow together with the people around, the work we do and our personal goals.

Age does not make wise, wisdom makes wiser though all wisdom one have is within. Created by conversations and interactions with peers.

Sometimes shit builds character and if you got a problem with that statement. Shit on you too.

>have good genetics
>turning 23 soon
>look like i could be anywhere from 17-25 in age
>also /bigguy/
>6'2"-6'3" master race
>tfw gf
>tfw still enjoy posting on my safe space over leaving the house and possibly encountering bernouts or feminazis

Go nihilist.
It's the works.

Once you realise that your entire life from birth to death is pointless, you can stop worrying and enjoy the ride while it lasts.

>> much wise
>> wow
>> aesthetics
>> narcissist
>> mfw I am too

Uni?

at what age did it really hit you that you're a total, irredeemable failure and life will never turn out anything remotely close to the way you wanted it?

for me it was 23.

>being between 18-30 is old...

Shut the fuck up you twats.

>25 years old
>been shitposting on Sup Forums for a decade now

20, realised that i am now 2 decades old. Was kind of an psychic breakdown for me.

>tfw gf wants to go out all the time because it's summer and the weather's been nice for the past three weeks

it begins again

sdsu lel. everyone is a friendly chad, a douchebag chad, or a silent cuck

"beach is one of my favorite places"
t. young attractive white girl

good thing my gains will protect us from any potential bulls

Telomeres

35 year old guy here. It is much easier to age when you have gone through periods of extended hard work. I worked my ass off and got a phd, and now, life is pretty comfy, though I don't make much money. Also, enjoy life as fully as you can.

Take psychedelics while you're still young, and can appreciate the newness of the experience while you have a young, healthy body. Go out and try a wilderness expedition. I went out and climbed mountains in my late teens, best times of my life. A shroom trip in hell's canyon was the highlight of my late teens.

Also, you will have to face the fact that you're going to die, and so is everyone you know and love. It gets somewhat easier to deal with as you get older. Don't succumb to atheistic nihilism. Just know that the way the world is, is as it should be. Billions of other people have gone through death, it's a process our bodies have evolved to make as comfortable as possible. Know that you don't know, and never will know anything about the true nature of consciousness, your existence, identity and purpose. Let it develop naturally.

Above all else, view each day as your last day alive, and live it in a way that you can be proud of.

Time only goes by fast for people who are disassociated

I am turning 26 next week and already finished with my first marriage.

Time marches on. I already see a rift between people my age and the late-90s early-00s millenials.

Cool thing is that now I view my parents as friends.

I feel like I have the pressure to have kids soon, and have a great girlfriend now but never rush into things without thinking. Don't feel like time is going to fast, constantly self-analyse your life and what you can improve in yourself and how you relate with others.

>psychedelics
fucking DROPPED

Been dwelling on the path I took in life and how it impacted me alot lately.

Started out in elementary being one of the "cool" kids simply because I was smart for my age, and the kids in my elementary thought being smart was cool. Which cause me to study even more.
Went to a larger middle school and kind of became known as "that smart kid"/nerd. Poured nearly all my free time into yugioh/runescape instead of trying to hang out at the mall and meet girls

Highschool my friend group split in 2, half gave up all the video games and started drinking/smoking/partying every day. I went with the half that started playing vanilla WoW 10 hours a day. Also started coming to this festering anal wound of the internet around that time. No doubt this place has heavily influenced me.

Didn't start dating until I was almost 19 and by then I felt like I missed out on a major part of my teenage years that I should have experienced instead of wasting it all on video games that literally mean nothing in the end.
25 now, working a decent factory job, planning on quitting in 10 months and going to live on the road as a vagabond for the foreseeable future. A Thoreau lifestyle of just nature and the bare necessities

The only thing about ageing that worries me is balding.

Luckily in my family it doesn't start in earnest until your 40s, and if I'm still single by then I'll just get $200 hair transplants at the future mall.

>implying the technology doesn't exist to revert people back to the fetal stage of development

Oh if only you guys knew about the things we can do, that the general public will never know about.

>im 21 years old
Fuck off, kid.

In the end, Allahu Ackbar.

>Aging scares me Sup Forums it's too fast.
Just wait. When you're out of college and have spent a few years in the workplace, death will seem too far away.

>21 years old
>midlife crisis

Try being almost 27 and still stuck in the life of a 21 year old.

I'll be 30 soon and still living like a fucking child.

You say that you fucking nazi but ancient Romans acted much the same as we do. Society is cyclical and each and every person will face similar trials and they will face similar despairs as those of the past. Men will die out and new men will take it's place. It is nothing to be scared of but it is a facet that you were here.

One day when the cities are long and gone and all the empires have fallen they'll look around and tell myths and legends of the White man that built everything than chose to die.

35 is about peak, then it's all downhill. By 70 you are practically walking dead. It's really a freak of modern medicine people live longer than that.

It is a very natural coming of age activity. Europeans did this before Christianity decimated their culture. You are just some blue-pilled faggot.

Join the military

Except it doesn't exist.

>mfw my entire bloodline has died with fully-haired head, even if it was white as fuck.

feels good mang.
>5'7
dang
Pretty good for spic standards

You fear death and the passage of time because you're a loser and you're wasting your life.

Snap out of it and stop being such a faggot. Your thoughts aren't deep or original. You only get over it by growing up.

I'm immortal

youtube.com/watch?v=xERitvFYpAk

The Seikilos epitaph is the oldest surviving example of a complete musical composition, including musical notation, from anywhere in the world. The song, the melody of which is recorded, alongside its lyrics, in the ancient Greek musical notation, was found engraved on a tombstone.

>While you live, shine
>Don't suffer anything at all;
>Life exists only a short while
>And time demands its toll.

Congratulations, kiddo, you're finally realizing your own mortality. How does it make me feel? Not much of anything in particular. I got over it years ago. You will, too. The greatest consolation you may ever find in life, are here in these threw words:

"Nothing lasts forever."

When you're young, they sound sad - tragic, even. As you get older, however, and more weary of the world, they ripen to become increasingly sweet. Don't get too gloomy.

>does psychedelics
>calls others blue-pilled
Not sure if trolling, or just a druggie retard.

shit, I tuned out at 18 and blinked and now I'm 30.

All I have to show for this time are some vague fragmented memories of nothing in particular that I can't place in time other than the two categories 1-5 years ago or older.

>tfw 25 and my mom takes care of all my bills and still makes all my appointments

Is it true that your perception of time changes as you get older?

>Life gets better with age.

No it doesn't.

That's very calming, thank you leaf.

I thought about just getting up and doing stuff, but im in a stage where i shit on everything, but i am still afraid of time.

Im such a faggot.

But i noticed something weird, when confronted with reality, like my grandpa being sick, i get an urge to life live.

How could i get so deluded and get out of reality that far?

The path to reality seems so fearfull and weird, im scared.

How can i stop being such a pussy? God damn.

a bit but it also becomes more of an incentive to make the most of your time

pro-tip: drop the video games and start reading books instead

Pretty good. It's thinking about what will happen once organs 3d printing and bionic replacements will go mainstream and the life span will be extended by a century or 2 (or more) that worries me.

I literally cannot imagine what it feels like if my mom or dad would die. I'm nothing without them. This shit makes me more depressed than anything.

>But i noticed something weird, when confronted with reality, like my grandpa being sick, i get an urge to life live.
>How can i stop being such a pussy? God damn.

when you get that urge to live life just think hard about it and decide on how you are going to change your life, make a plan and stick with it

I wonder if a century will feel like 10 years if you live that long, probably right?

Find a way to create a sense of urgency. Hang around old people if that helps. If they make you depressed, find some that are a little further from death.

Go someplace really shitty for a while. You've probably lived too comfortable a life for your values to carry any the strength. Maybe hanging around murderous niggers for a few months will help you understand what you value.

Just live, you're not going to figure it out by sitting around.

reading about Buddhism might help desu

Its not something that you have to believe in or become Buddhist for it to help, its just that it offers a unique viewpoint. Pic related is a really good book on it.

It offers a set of teachings that once you understand them well enough you can use them anytime to not be effected at all by sadness and negative emotions. Even if you don't believe in it as a religion, once you understand the Buddhist teachings about self/mind/emotions/craving etc its easy to be completely unaffected by sadness etc when upsetting stuff happens if you decide to view it through a Buddhist perspective.

>everyone you know will be dead in 100 years
Consider the following: there are people who made it to 100 who's great grandchildren are having children, and those children may live to 100 as well to see their descendants. Earlier today I was talking to my grandma's sister who was born in 1929, and she was telling me about her grandparents. Life isn't a vacuum, and it's not just about you. We can pass on our wisdom to the next generation, and we can fight for the coming generations as well. If we did not age and eventually die, being human would be meaningless. You have to learn to accept your mortality and the sadness of life in order to live it to the fullest.

Feel like I am in a very similar situation as yourself

My mom died a few years ago. It's been kind of weird since then... I was already in my 20s, but both of my little sisters were still in HS. Life just kind of goes on I suppose.

The question you should be asking is, what happens, once oldies stop making room for new people

I've considered it before. I used to love talking with my grandfather about his time in the army. Although soldiers are ultra-normies so I'd feel out of place. I don't mind doing physical work, so long as it's fulfilling.

That's already happening. Look how many lifeless people 55+ there are.

Not saying we should kill them or anything. It's just sad, they don't give a shit, they just don't want to die.

25 year old here.

if you're a person on this website you shouldn't be.

tfw 27 and have also been posting on Sup Forums for a decade

It's funny how Sup Forums has been one of the most stable things in my life. It was actually kind of shocking when moot left, even though I expected it.

>take psychedelics when you're still young
Affirmative, everyone should try LSD once. Don't fuck with hard shit, but smoking a joint here and there can do wonders for your perspective and mood.

When I was younger I travelled a lot more, it was really worth the time involved. If I could do it again I would.

>I already see a rift between people my age and the late-90s early-00s millenials
Same. I chalk it up to social media and the proliferation of smart phones.

>army
Don't be afraid of doing something risky. If you hate it, at least it will place everything else in perspective and give you direction.

Why go for the vagabond lifestyle? Homelessness shouldn't be romanticized. Save up and buy a plot of land to grow veggies on and find a way to support yourself so you can occasionally get meat and books. People don't trust the homeless, especially older men.

i'm 24 and have so many good memories in my life, there is also bad memories i think it's all about having a sense of accomplishment really, if you feel like you accomplish something new or something different every year you associate something to that particular age.

Hey Britbro,

25, feeling the same as you. Working hard to improve myself and my mind. Learn new things, be successful at work. Marriage feels like this thing near to me but never in sight. I can't picture it but know it's coming. Already starting to see babies as adorable and think about raising a son.

Life is all so odd/rewarding/pointless/exciting.

Wish I had more people to talk to who are going through the same thoughts.

I guess you have to accept time is always moving and why fight that.

Cool to know im not alone in the uk

This old chestnut. The reason life expectancy was historically so low was because many people didn't survive to adulthood. There were plenty of old fucks in ancient greece, rome and china. There were also wars and plagues to contend with. It's not magic that we can live to our 80s, and there are evolutionary reasons why we live so long.

It only gets worse Krautbro. You'll be 30 tomorrow. 50 the next day.

Oldfags: Could you tell us a bit about how women change as they get older and when in your experience? Anything goes.

youtube.com/watch?v=IiXNfb9VyNA

>that feeling when you will never be a dirty drunken whore and have all the boys cum inside you and coast through life using ":c" and sucking dicks for money and be able to fuck any guy you want and have a rich daddy that pays for everything and live in a little bubble where you play Sup Forumsscape 24/7 and go to school and pretend to be suicidal and ERP with all the boys while they shoot loads in your mouth and cum drips off your lips while you masturbate to their messages while they adore you and protect you and give you attention for literally just having tits and a pussy

>rom-com wisdom
deep bro

What's old to you? At 27 I can say this: women who were sluts and dipshits at 18 are fucked in the head and always will be. If they're not already fat, ugly and raising 3 monsters from different fathers, they'll likely soon be dead.

Some women might not be sluts but are sitll batty and will steal friends from you, isolating them and gradually henpecking them into little cucks.

Otherwise it's been my experience that older women can be great company. To put it as simply as possible, they're just nice to be around. I like it when my friends have good girlfriends who add to the group dynamic.

I'm 25 so I guess 35 or older would be preferable. I'm back at university for the last 3 years after working as a club bouncer from 18-22 so my life experience with mature women is pretty skewed anyway. Cheers m8.

>worked shitty jobs most of his life
>deformed by acne and a pestilential attitude
>published his first novel at 50
>fucked many women
>died happy
It's never too late, user.

Nope. People lived to 80 and 90 even in classical greek and roman era, as well as middle ages. Low average lifespan was due to high infant mortality. But if you made it to 3yo or so you were likely to live same lifespan as modern people.

That's a hell of a coincidence, I'm also going to university on my GI Bill at a late age. I fucking hate the 18-22 college girl crowd, so many of them are little shits. I'm fairly certain part of my response is that they're in a different generation but maybe I just don't remember properly.

I wouldn't trust bars/clubs as a good way to judge the character of women of that age group, they're magnets for degenerate behavior.

Their memories live on though. My mom remembers july 4th family gatherings and her father, grandfather, and great grandfather telling war stories from Civil War, Indian wars, WW1, and WW2, and passed those stories down.

I have a getter appreciation for scalping.

shit, if oral tradition is at all reliable there were people into there 80's in amazon tribes.

modern medicine has only increased life span by allowing for more people to survive their first 2-5 years.

Don't worry mate I read it

Only one stopping you is you. I'm 23 and I fucked around for 5 years after I graduated. Now I'm saving up for another car and am going back to finish my law degree.

I feel you mate. I swear women didn't seem this childish when I was younger but then I wasn't half the man I was 5 years ago.

>I wouldn't trust bars/clubs as a good way to judge the character of women

Honestly when you're stone sober in that environment the behaviour of people of any age really threw me off.

How was your service? See anywhere interesting? I've been thinking of trying to get work with an NPO just to make some use of my stupid life, my military friends all went that route.

Ah, it wasn't anything too interesting unfortunately, unless you count working in a shut down reactor compartment or lighting off steam powered turbine generators. I was in the Navy for a few years, and the ship they sent me to was in the shipyard the entire time I was there. Even though we weren't going out to sea, I still worked an average of 80 hours every week, and sometimes over 100. Wasn't too fun and it wasn't too rewarding, but I'm aware it would have been a much different experience if I had gone to a ship making deployments. Regardless, I met some cool people, and had a few fun moments, and I'm getting my education paid for thanks to it, so I suppose I can't complain too much.

If the UK's armed forces are similar to America's, you might want to look into joining the RAF to deal with less bullshit. In America, being in the AF is better than being in the Navy, which is better than the Army and Marines.