Why are you pagan/wiccan?

Why are you pagan/wiccan?

It helps me connect to mother nature, nurture it and also helps me live more healthy. It is the best thing that ever happened to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-European_religion
thepiratebay.org/torrent/7506555/Witchcraft_and_Wicca_[291_e-books]
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good. Good. Let the delusion flow through you.

People say Wiccan and pagan are for the mentally ill

>>

So is all other religions.

Why Wiccan? I am just curious. Wiccan is a recent construction, but we have records of plenty of old pagan religions that have revival movements. These old pagan religions were shapped slowly by peoples over thousands of years and naturally would adjust to their changing outlook on life and existence and the human experience.

I am not trying to bash Wicca, but I do not understand the appeal of something constructed artificially in recent history compared to what I described. If you could broaden my view a little bit I would appreciate it

True

I wouldn't say it is "recent", it is a practice brought together by multiple practices over the hundreds to thousands of years through shamanism, witch doctors etc etc.

I'm still learning in the process so I cannot give you a professional review on what you want to know so you could point out how stupid it is.

Not trying to call you stupid, I don't understand why people like it, which means I don't understand it. Which is why I wanted to know more about why you are into it. I am not an argumentative kind of person.

Wicca is also defined differently by nearly every practitioner. None has the same believe system or rules in the religion, therefor Wicca is basically more like a guideline in order to get
more connected with yourself, the deities and other supernatural entities.

Why are people into religion. Same shit.

I understand and same here I do not initiate arguments, especially not on Sup Forums. It's only good to heat up pointless arguments when one is bored and want to see two fags or more go at it.

If this is the case, then why did Gardner have to obtain permission from the self-proclaimed antichrist?

It's not like that for me. I try to have a conversation but alot of people on b depending what time of the day, are full of retarded teenagers who you can never has a descent conversation with and want to do that type of stuff because they think they got everything figured out

becasue those pagana religions dont have any fucking existance?
its like someone tells you theyre a druid, you ask them what they and what they believe and its some vague made up bullshit.
they dont know anything.

OP that originally asked about paganism vs Wicca didn't post this, someone else did

>when u believe in fairy tales instead of hard facts and science

And I addressed only the one poster. What's your point?

>Becasue
>Pagana

At first I thought this thread was being infiltrated by an angry Italian.

Anyway

People who do not understand what the religion is, have not done enough research to see where the building blocks of the religion resides. It's like most religions in the world, it is never about depending on a god whatsoever, it is learning how to fucking cope and get shit done yourself.

>believing in hard facts and science
such as?

I would still say there is value in the way that each old religion saw the world. The parts that are the same point at experiences and emotions and situations that people from all time periods can relate to. I am not pagan, but reading myths from these old pagan religions does help me isolate what kind of things are universally human, and what it really means to be a human, as opposed to experiences that are unique to the time I live in, or the time they lived in. I think there is some value to that.

most religions claim you can pray to the god and get wishes though
only problem is they go about it all wrong believing the god gives a fuck about their petty self made concerns on a personal level
truth is religions like that arent even human, theyve been forced on us by dark alien influences in order to keep us chained
thats not to say you cant command power though, but thats different than getting on your knees and praying, so arrogant

To fuck Wiccan girls with low self esteem. One time I put a Harry Potter wand up a girls butt, all the way to the hilt.

I agree with you. It is sad that people who just opened a book on a particular religion believe they will get everything they want, then the story actually concludes at the end and you realize you have to work for what you want.

People become edgy and blasphemous when they discover this cold hard truth.

>Why are you pagan/wiccan?
I'm not it's stupid. I don't need spirituality/religion to feel alive.
>It helps me connect to mother nature.
You are already part of it...
>nurture it.
Fiber helps me do this.
>helps me live more healthy.
How exactly does belief help you be more healthy? protip. it doesn't.
>all other religions
Most people are in it for the community these days. Wicca is for those special groups of mentally ill that pretend to actually believe. At least that is my understanding of religion.

Be careful when you say it is stupid, these fuckers do spells and shit. Be careful m80

from my understanding with pagans who go to meat ups its a fairly fun camping trip with community and without week to week obligations.

So what you say is, people who do not believe in anything wiser, more intelligent?

>those special groups of mentally ill
yup
Organized larpers without taxation.
nope
People who blindly believe anything without an ounce of proof are just less intelligent and pretty dangerous. I suspect that most that go to a religion are there for the community and not because they actually believe.

I do consider myself a Pagan however some of the shit in this thread is why I often dislike using the term.
I am Pagan because my belief system most closely follows an old Polytheistic pantheon based on nature worship, gods and magicks or rituals that have some transmutive effect on myself or the world. However I tend not to use the term partially because it does not come from a single source tradition and (more so) because of who it then associates me with.
My issue usually comes from people like OP or the strawmen (as real as they unfortunately are) that some in the thread are decrying. People who take snippets from old religions and then fill in the gaps with their own bullshit and call it Pagan or Wicca or Druidism.
There are actual ancient and not so ancient traditions and spiritualities that exist and are still practiced today. They do some good things and they do some terrible things in the name of their beliefs and sticking to them to the letter in a new era is kinda stupid and dangerous.
However just stealing a whole bunch of stuff from indigenous medicine men and shaman or taking actual rituals from true witchcraft or druidic tradition and slapping some new age hippy love over the top of it doesn't make it a real Pagan religion you follow.
If you wish to still follow it then sure go ahead but you know it's not based in truth and it would be dishonest to say it's truely based on real Paganism. It's new age shit that someone thought up.
In the same way that "noone can define Wicca, it's different for each practitioner" Paganism has now become the term for "I believe in whatever I want as long as it includes the moon, casting spells and isn't like christianity cause I'm so edgy and rebelious"

If you wanna do the argument between what is Paganism vs Wicca vs True witchcraft vs True Paganism
That would be an interesting thread.
This is mostly a spiritual dick measuring and then circle jerk thread

The most interesting point in the thread so far and one of the few reasons to actually talk to a pagan

pic related.

For the community? Lmao why are you generalizing? Most Wiccans practice their religion in private. I do practice mine in private since I don't want to
1. Be a part of some pretentious cult
2. I live in a town with 99% Christians. I do not want to disturb their peace because they are like you, have no clue what it is and will most probably want to burn or make me beg for forgiveness from their God.

>old pagan religions
Wicca is not old. It was invented in 1954 by Gerald Gardner.

Nah, I'm just not mentally ill.

I'm intrested in pegan ritual.
Not for any religous reason but I think getting drunk/stoned/fucked up around a campfire in the wild is something I'd enjoy doing.
Message me OP.
[email protected]

Then go get fucked up around a campfire. Noone is stoppping you

As I said
>most that go to a religion
Others are just mentally ill.

>"noone can define Wicca, it's different for each practitioner" Paganism has now become the term for "I believe in whatever I want as long as it includes the moon, casting spells and isn't like christianity cause I'm so edgy and rebelious"

There is a bog reasons for this you whiny sack of cunt nuggets.
It is because of PEOPLE LIKE YOU. ALWAYS HAVE YOUR LITTLE BIT TO ADD AND ARGUE EVERY POINT MADE.

Go fuck yourself cunt

I have no friends who will get fucked up with me so my plan is to leach off the pegans.

I posted the previous comment, and I agree 100%. I had the many Indo-European religions and others like Tengriism, Uralic and Native American mythology in mind.

>talk to a pagan
They were wiped out long ago.
Most of what are called "pagans" were just people living life as they knew it. They would get together and party when there was food or needed to share food. There wasn't any actual worship to be seen. God wasn't a concept for many societies.

Why just not leach off the local pigeons

Because then I'd be liky the crazy women from home alone 2 and considering I'm a fat almost old man that wouldn't be hawt or fun...

>my belief system most closely follows an old Polytheistic pantheon
Unless you are speaking of widely known roman greek or eastern religions almost nothing is known of pagan religions of old.
The Norse pantheon has one recorder.
The Czech has nill.
any older than that and your laughable.

You and OP make me sick

Why argue? Why not believe in what the fuck you want to believe.

>Tengriism, Uralic and Native American mythology
Most are modern assumptions based on a scholars interpretation. There are no manuscripts that detail how to worship.

>Why not believe in what the fuck you want to believe.
Candy is healthy and soda is life sustaining.
>/thread

You re[lied to a copypasta faggot. Shame on you.

So what are these bogs of reasons?
I'm gonna make some assumptions here so feel free to correct me if you like.
I highly doubt you've ever met someone like me. Infact I think you've likely met and talked to a lot of the types of people that that comment specifically is about.
Lets start with, did you actually comprehend the whole post or just got shitty at the end and wanted to have your whine? I'm a Pagan, a true Pagan. I dislike the term because of the wishy washy way its used by people like you however it is the most accurate term. I have studied under shaman and medicine men, I've practiced witchcraft with true witches who do not keep to a hippy lovey dovey code and I've studied and practiced with holy men and women of all the major religions of the world on literally every continent. I didn't fill in the gaps with what I wanted from the faith, I followed what they did.
I've studied theology at a university level and currently teach world religions as a class.
My belief and spiritual life is not based on some 3 hours on google, a few chats with some drunk or high teens in my youth and a pop culture idea of what witchcraft is.

But hey it's easier to call me a cunt and dismiss what I'm saying cause you know it's very likely about you.

So now that you know about me, what about you?
What are your beliefs based on? Where and how did you find them?
What do you actually practice?
If you don't want people to add our "little bit" then fill in the gaps so we don't need to guess.

I have no issue with Pagans who are true to their convictions. Hell I don't really care if people are Pagan or Wiccan in the crappy pop spiritualism sense as long as they keep it to themselves and focus on making themselves happy rather than telling the world how awesome they are for not being Christian and being progressively reflective following a religion that didn't exist until recently or following an entirely made up version of a true spirituality.

I agree with your point but, archeological evidence, linguistics, old inscriptions/rune stones, and writings of other cultures about the Norse have fleshed out quite a bit of Norse mythology. Snorri (who I am assuming you are saying was the lone recorder) certainly was wrong about a lot of shit (Like saying the Norse gods can from the city of Troy), but there is a lot of value to his writings as they are essentially just recordings of myths passed down orally, although there is speculation that he got many of his myths from an earlier written source, perhaps the same one that was used to write the poetic Edda around the same time period.

Going even further, we can compare and contrast Norse mythology to it's cousin, Germanic/Anglo-Saxon mythology. This can help us speculate about many of the gaps left in Norse mythology, as well as interpolate what the religion looked like before they split into those two branches. We can go back even further too. Comparing with Slavic, Hellenic, Roman, Celtic, Baltic, Hindu, and other Indo-European mythologys gave historians the ability to reconstruct the common anncestor of all these religions.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-European_religion

I don't really have a point, I just like talking about cool shit.

Believe what you like, fuck all if I care but don't try to act special or better than others for that belief and don't try to force it on others

Yes this also pisses me of when another religious deuce wants to wipe his shitted tp of believe system in my face.

There is a decent amount of truth to that, especially with Uralic mythology, but we know a fair amount about Tengriism, and we know a large amount about native American mythology (especially Inuit and PNW native mythology, the latter which is still practiced to some extent, the rituals and ceremonies and their significance have survived at least). I don't practice paganism, I am more interested in how the values and experiences of early peoples are reflected in their mythologies. But yeah, you are right to some extent, a lot of ways of worship have been lost, or are mentioned in disappointing detail or quantity. We do know a fair amount about the riturals of the various early peoples I mentioned, but a lot of the day-to-day stuff is scarce.

This thread will hit 100 because of me

>be 25
>19yo girlfriend
>fuck yes
>living together
>she's a solid 8/10
>DD tits, tight puss, landing strip, jet black hair, tall and curvy (5'10" 140lbs)
>she even likes anal
>a lot
>about 6 months after moving in, she comes home late from work
>about 6 hours late
>she walks in the door and I kiss her
>was worried something bad might have happened
>didn't even consider she might have cheated
>then I notice her messy hair
>her slightly messy makeup
>rosey cheeks/nose
>looks exhausted
>smells like sweat and cum
>she doesn't look me in the eye
>emotion started to well up inside me
>emotion, and a boner

>didn't know why I was suddenly turned on
>didn't question it
>grabbed her and kissed her with passion
>she was reluctant
>it only made me want it more
>push her into bedroom
>strip her down
>the whole time she looks upset, guarded
>I pull her panties off
>they smell like cum
>she holds here legs together and starts to say something
>I force them open
>it was obvious her pussy had been pounded
>I go down on her
>she squeals in a way that sounds like part pleasure, part sadness and disgust
>a few orgams later and she's forgotten about the disgust

>emotion started to well up inside me
>emotion, and a boner

Then what the fuck is the problem

cont?

Yes fucking finish

Pls cont. I want to hear the adventures of Cuckman and his arch nemesis 'We need to Talk' Girl!

As you wish...

>we have some of the best sex we've ever had
>after, I ask her about her day
>she starts to cry
>she says she doesn't know why
>I knew it was a lie
>i comforted her while contemplating a bizarre mix of feelings
>on one side I wanted to smash her fucking head in for lying to me, being disloyal, being a bitch
>on the other side... I was heartbroken... and I kind of liked it. I kept thinking of her, how horny and slutty she must of been to cheat on me
>kept thinking about how little she much think of me to do that to me.... and it got me hard
>so hard that I had to go in bathroom and rub one out
>I couldn't understand what was happening to me
>why did her cheating on me turn me on?

>pagan
A word Christianity made up to cover the "fringe" (Non-Abrahamic) religions. Adopted by modern day Wiccans.
>Wiccan
A dead religion almost nobody really knows anything about. Modern Wiccans follow the faith as a female alternative to Christianity in the 1940s, here in the USA. Real Wicca (faith of real Wiccans) was the faith of the Druids, a patriarchal faith.

>why wasn't I just leaving her?
>why was I enjoying being in pain?
>I did my best to ignore the whole thing
>but deep in the back of my head, it gnawed at me like a horny, angry troll
>I kept fantasizing about her cheating on me with more men
>and kept punishing myself for liking the idea
>eventually, she came home late again
>and again it was obvious what she'd been up to
>I tried to be angry, to yell, to scream, to tell her how hurt I was
>but the more I thought about it, the more a pit opened up in my stomach
>and it made me hard as fuck
>another night of amazing sex
>a few days later, she cheats again
>I break down and tell her
>I tell that I know she's screwing around on me, and that I hate her for it.... but in some weird way I love her for it even more
>she's shocked
>and wet
>I give her full permission to fuck any guy she wants, so long as she promises to tell me about it. in detail
>her eyes light up
>she immediately agreed but spent the next hour making sure I wasn't just joking with her
>I prove it by making her tell me about the sex she had earlier while I jerk off

This is getting weird

no one can stop CUCKMAN!

>from there it just went further further down the rabbit hole
>she's sleeping with my friends
>she's taking pics and vids for me
>the hole in my stomach becomes a bottomless pit
>she tells me that I don't satisfy her anymore
>it just makes me hard
>I fell in love with being belittled
>being betrayed
>being in pain
>our relationship became a joke
>on the surface we pretended to be happy
>but I was depressed
>I had come to the realization that she didn't care about me
>she had been having threesomes with her ex and his girlfriend
>I finally said enough is enough
>and she threatened to leave me
>our relationship had been consumed by it
>she had grow to love fucking/sucking all she wants so much, that she'd drop me to keep doing it
>like any rational person, I looked to the internet for answers

check'em duuuuble dubs

>I learned that it wasn't about the sex. It was about the pain
>it's called the "thinking man's fetish" because it about enjoying mental anguish
>I couldn't understand why I was like this
>why was it that I enjoyed being treated this way
>I milled it over for a few more weeks
>until I realized that I enjoyed because feeling rejected/belittled/used/betrayed was the most intense emotion i'd ever felt.
>I've laughed, but never felt "positive" or "happy"
>I've had tolerable days, but never "good" days
>for the most part, everything has been one big, dull grey experience, for as long as i can remember
>the she came along
>and you know what?
>she was a bitch. she took little jabs at me whenever she could, from the first time we met
>it was hurtful, but I "fell in love" because at least I was feeling SOMETHING

Cont

sure why not.

Then I'll cont.

>the fact of the matter is, the only reason I was ever interested in her, her whorish ways, or being cucked was because I was depressed
>not "oh I'm just sad" depressed. chemical imbalanced sort of depression
>and this horrible bitch was with me because I let her walk all over me
>and fuck other men
>I realized that any woman that would be willing to sleep around like that was complete trash
>I didn't feel like I was worth much
>but I did feel like enough was enough
>I was completely disgusted with myself
>eating out her freshly fucked cunt
>I wanted to vomit
>I confronted her
>I told her how her betrayal was the only way I could feel anything other than self disgust
>that our relationship was disgusting, she was disgusting, our life was a sham and she should be just as ashamed of herself as I was
>she flipped out
>told me about how I wasn't a man, that I couldn't satisfy her, that she only fucked other men because I wasn't worth her time, that she was just using me for a free place to live
>she just kept digging at me, further and further
>usually when she did this during any argument, I would break and bow to her will
>but this time was different
>this time I snapped

Running out of dog shitting images though.

>and I hit her
>first a slap
>she fell to the ground, mostly out of shock
>then I hit her again
>closed fist
>hard
>I broke her nose
>she looked up at me with blood and tears pouring out of her face
>it felt like I went deaf
>she became frantic and tried to get away
>I hit her again
>just a little harder
>she blacked out for a moment
>my heart was pounding
>I stood her up
>she tried to run
>I shoved her against the wall and rammed my fist in her belly as hard as I could
>over and over I kept hitting her
>by the time the cops showed up, I had broken 3 ribs, clavical, her right arm, battered her face, knocked out a 2 teeth, blackened her eyes, and probably traumatized her for life

It helps me to connect to my ancestors.

>DA was pretty conservative
>heard my story
>offered me a plea bargin
>I did 6 years
>got out after 3 on good behavior thanks to over population
>I'm now a felon
>prison was awful. I'm okay with going into detail about what happened with the girl, but prison I don't like to talked about too much
>no, I didn't raped
>but there was a lot of fighting
>when part of my release involved seeing a state shrink once a month for the next year
>women disgust me now
>part of me knows it's just my one bad experience, but for the most part I just see them as worthless meat, good for one thing.
>I get a job through a felon-to-work program
>my whole time in prison.... I couldn't stop thinking about the blood, and crying, the screaming, the terror she must have felt
>it fucked me up
>and gave me a hard on
>I end up addicted to prostitutes
>I pick up whores and pay them to let me rough them up
>i like to beat them with bare fists, and then jack off on their faces while they're crying
>i'm careful not to break anything, but I beat them pretty hard
>I spent around $800 each month
>usually only get 1 or 2 girls a month
>it's the only way I can get off anymore

Did you get some catharsis from the violence Cuckman? I always assumed thats why Batman did it...

Need a cont for the ending?

I'm still here waiting on the dinosaur

Wicca is a lot like feminism. A large group of people all using the same label, but when you try to say "ok but I knew this guy to said he was a wiccan and he did some shady shit", you get back that he wasn't a true wiccan and you should go look up the wiccan rede (real thing, used to be wiccan- is like 10 commandments for wiccans) you shitlord.
And in case you're curious, here's the version I learned as an acolyte:
>Bide the Wiccan Law ye must
>In perfect love and perfect trust
>Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill
>An it harm none, do as ye will.
>Ever mind the rule of three
>What ye send out comes back to thee (lest in thine own self defence it be).
>Follow this with mind and heart,
>And merry ye meet, and merry ye part, and merry meet again

Sounds like something out of a goddamn renn faire, but it's like Jesus+Magic

Yes cont I need to know the conclusion about the hookers

Take us on home Cuckman, we rode this far.

Sounds like drunken sailor poem to me

What in the fuck are you talking about. You got your shit all twisted up, do a little research the roots of paganism.

>my therapist says I do it because I'm depressed
>he says that beating my ex gave me a sense of overwhelming power
>because I was able to take this THING that hurt me, and used me, and destroy her with little effort
>he says that feeling that kind of power can change a man, and that I'm just reliving the experience every time I pay a hooker to let me beat her up
>he says that the feeling of power isn't real
>feels pretty real to me
>at least I'm not letting them hurt me anymore
>I know it's wrong
>I know I'm a screwed up dude
>I have no delusions that what I've done, and what I continue to do is pretty fucked up
>but I also can't help myself
>I don't want to be this way, I just am now
moral of the story here kids, is to stay away from that cuck shit.
and any other weirdo fetish for that matter. I promise you it wont end well. sure it probably wont be as bad as my story, as mine is the extreme of what can happen.... but trust me.... getting into that cuck shit will rot your fucking soul, inside and out.

And I ran out of dog shitting pics.... The End.

Once again. Just you and others adding bits and pieces and claiming their believes are right while the other's are wrong. Typical Christian. Why aren't you Christian since it suites your personality?

So THAT'S how serial killers are made...

I mean, you're not wrong.

Pretty much.. yea.

TBH It's not my story but the guy answered alot of questions at the end and he did seem very serial killer'ish.
Paid to beat prostitutes and got paid by prostitutes to protect them.
No idea how much is true but it seemed pretty genuine.

Can someone advice me how to get into it.

First of all, don't do what these faggots do. Read on the topic and gather as much information about the religion as you can before you decide to go further.

Thanks user. Can you recommend some good sources

Well thanks to a torrent you can download so many ebooks

thepiratebay.org/torrent/7506555/Witchcraft_and_Wicca_[291_e-books]

Read through them. Most of those books are bullocks anyway but you'll realize which of them are.

Thanks again user

You're welcome

Don't forget to commit suicide..

Fuck nature.

Nature is cool.

Why should I, user?

3 more posts to go....

Be an hero!