Why is spotify so utter trash, limited catalog all mainstream garbage

Why is spotify so utter trash, limited catalog all mainstream garbage

horrible layout, can't categorize properly, missing albums, half the time i can't find the artist etc.....

I liked Spotify until they limited my song library to 10,000 songs. That's not enough for someone who likes to catalog all of my musi c

The way i figure is that spotify is mostly for mobile listening, kind of like an ipod but like an app on your phone

What service has larger catalogue of non-mainstream music?
>There isn't one

It's the most normie streaming service that's why.

It's called youtube

Apple music because you cant stream your own library.

this is a really artificial Sup Forums problem

Spotify's library is huge enough that it only lacks foreign bands and super underground stuff. What they have is well worth paying for.

just get a 64GB SSD card and you're set

I stopped using it because
>all tracks and albums have retarded names like REMASTERED EDITION 2015 which messes with my Last.fm scrobbles and looks like shit (inb4 Last.fm) I like seeing my music habits and scrobble history
>music quality is shit unless you subscribe
>ads promoting shit Top 40 music or EDM/Trap trash which ruins the flow when you're listening to albums
>limited library and I often couldn't listen find an album I wanted
just been pirating my music and using my local music player instead
Spotify is pleb shit that's ok for people who don't like music and use it for some normalfag parties as background noise

Massive retard

Artist s and labels ha e to submit tyeir music to appear ob Spotify catalog you fuckibg turbo faggot
shut your whore mouth

Spotify is perfect and better than Soundcloud to connect with fans and making playlists with more varied music than offline options

Then just torrent your music like everyone else.

You're really a piece of shit. This level of retardation here is astonish.

You haven't superior taste or ownership on global music you random imbecile.

Bandcamp is objectively superior. Spotify isn't even available in my country.

sue me faggot
why buy something when I can get it for free with no consequences?

>Artist s and labels ha e to submit tyeir music to appear ob Spotify catalog you fuckibg turbo faggot

Yes exactly thx's for addressing part of the issue, stop taking this as a personal matter, also learn how to type

>listening to song on spotify
>song stops halfway through
>15 second ad plays
>song starts again
>song stops halfway through the second half
>30 second ad plays
>song starts again and stops halfway to the end
>another ad plays, this time lasting one minute
>song starts again
>repeat ad infinitum

I hate when this happens

Exactly kind of music do you guys listen to in order to reach this conclusion?

Exactly what*

Usually I'm browsing for less known albums through RYM charts and there's 70% chance that it isn't on Spotify

>Spotify isn't even available in my country.
What is like to live in Mars?

i don't care

They don't even have peter gabriel

They don't have Tool, Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains, Merchant Ships, and they have one or two albums by Blind Guardian, missing most of (and the best of) their discography to name a few.

They also don't have Attic Abasement's best album, anything by Reveille, Seeded Crown, or Peste Noire.

And those are just the one's I've been disappointed to notice; and I consider myself to have a pretty limited musical taste.

Blame the bands for not letting their music be on Spotify, it's not the companies fault. They would let every music in existence on there if they could.

I don't care if it's the company's fault or not, my guy. It's not on that platform, it's on other platforms, so why would I use the platform that doesn't have some of my favorite albums?

Also, Spotify are Bastards. So there's that. I mean, I usually just use fucking YouTube, so I guess I'm a hypocrite. But it's still useful information to know.

I live in the second world, friendo.

Pleb only listens to top 40 kek

>Poorfags can't even drop the $7 bucks per month for premium

Seriously guys, the irony of you guys complaining about bands not being on there while you use the service and youtube for free is astonishing.

The absence of a handful of fairly obscure artists (which might not have been Spotify's fault anyway) seems like a pretty weak argument to me, especially coming from someone who's not even using the premium service.

Also, I must point out that if you're even remotely into classical (from any era), Spotify is pretty much a godsend.

Who said i wasn't using premium ?

It's not just and issue about obscure artists either

unfortunately Apple music literally doesnt work on iphone 4 so im forced to use spotify as my only alternative. That's literally the only thing that spotify has over apple to me, and it's the biggest thing.

They do.

What I do is save albums and artists that either a friend or someone online has recd me (or something I found online) and then if I like it enough after a couple of listens I'll either download it or buy and add it to my music library.

Makes listening to new stuff super easy and nonincumbering on my actual music library considering I only download that which I know I already like

Apple Music is the superior choice. I've used MOG, Beats, Spotify, Google Play All Access, and now Apple Music, and while there are problems with Apple Music, it's definitively the best one I've used.

I used to have to keep MOG/Beats/Spotify on my phone next to a separate app for music that wasn't available to stream, and as far as user experience goes, it was the worst. Google Play could have been great since it merged my streaming library with my mp3s, but it had a horrible UI for phones and also managed to somehow delete my library from my phone three times in as many weeks.

After that came Spotify, and while it's got a great app I hit the 10,000 song limit almost instantly, and while I had no storage problems on Android, my library started to delete itself (I've somehow had this problem over three separate apps) when I switched to an iPhone, so I gave Apple Music a shot.

Like I said, there are problems, especially in the UI/UX department. I hate not being able to save an album without it automatically downloading itself to my phone. I love having the ability to save to my computer and phone simultaneously, but a choice would be nice, especially when I'm on mobile because there's no choice to delay downloads until you reach wifi (wtf Apple), and if you have friends the social features are lacking/nonexistent. All that aside though, Apple Music is still the best streaming service I've ever used.

At the very least it's worth trying for a month. Trust me on this one.

to support the industry that helped create it in the first place you fucking retard

i'm glad they don't have peste noire t b h

shit is trash

Stop being a cheap fuck and pay the 10 bucks a month.

spotify has just about most of what i want
besides the stuff it doesn't have is shit im usually willing to support on bandcamp (or you could torrent) and just add it to my playlist via local files

>Apple Music is the superior choice
Except that using the windows app for apple music is considered cruel and unusual punishment, and is often used as a torture method in uncivilized countries.

Doesn't the same apply to pretty much any digital music store? I know iTunes, at least a while ago, didn't have Tool or older Blind Guardian. I think that's a general licensing issue more than a Spotify-specific issue.

Just get Google Play Music or Apple Music depending on your device. GPM has a 50k song limit and I'm pretty sure Apple Music is similar, neither of those have had big compromises. A shitload of passwords for spotify accounts got leaked out, mine got compromised and I canceled my sub and went to GPM and haven't looked back.

i've been pleasantly surprised at the lowercase and ambient stuff that's been put up on spotify, artists like steve roden and sachiko m have releases on spotify.
if i can't find an album on spotify i just find the bandcamp release or i grab it off slsk

the problem is when you can only download 3,000 or so songs for offline

just download music and use musicbee for windows, there is no reason to use a streaming service for windows. It only makes sense for mobile

i fucking love spotify but i mostly listen to music from the 70s and early 80s

It doesn't play any ads to me. It used to in 2013.

spotify literally isn't bad at all

get over yourself sperg

>THE NEXT THIRTY MINUTES ARE AD FREE THANKS TO FOLLOWING SPONSOR