Be a couple of years ago (2012 I think?) and /asp/ gets made

>be a couple of years ago (2012 I think?) and /asp/ gets made
>there's a niche board now full of a diverse mesh of interesting sports like mountaineering, martial arts, skiing, sailing, extreme sports and others that are full of people actually participating and trying said sports
>nice contrast to Sup Forums's focus on following popular sports
>looked like one of the healthy successful new additions to Sup Forums's board list
>fast forward today
>every single thread for all 10 pages is wrestling shit that isn't even a sport and belongs on Sup Forums

What the fuck happened to our sister board?

it became like that immediately, mandrama fags are that obnoxious

>stonerplank is not a sport xD

>no one wanted sweatymandrama on Sup Forums or Sup Forums
>no one posted on /asp/
It makes sense desu

>watching sports that don't involve a ball

they moved wrestling over there and it didn't stand a chance. they should have left them here like moot approved.

Sup Forums and gookmoot made a huge mistake
the damage /wwe/ had on Sup Forums was nothing compared to what it causes now to /asp/

/asp/ used to be a quite slow board with informative, decent-quality posts about martial arts. Sup Forums was shitposting and continues to be shitposting with or without /wwe/

It's rightful that it's not on Sup Forums. Sup Forums have to deal with it though, they can't just pick and choose their own board's content.

/asp/ had plenty of speed for a niche board?

it's because they are all either manchildren or literal children. MMA waterheads not far off them. Something about watching WORLDSTAR the "sport" and hearing grown men chat shit about each other makes brainlets excited and we have to deal with their autistic childish garbage.

(also I kind of miss 100 john cenas vs. 10 silverback gorillas threads here)

>damage
lad I've just had a look and /asp/ is kill
shame, it was worth a look now and again

>browse Sup Forums in current year
>checks the catalogue
>no daily ass thread

>think OP is joking about the catalog
>check it
>there are just 4 threads that aren't about wrestling in some way
That's fucking ridiculous.

I guess they don't know 420's /wooo/ is a thing.

/wooo/'s basically reddit presented in the style of an imageboard

also

>non-anonymous mods

>full of people actually participating and trying said sports
I guess some left to practise sports while others remained here posting

>every single thread for all 10 pages is wrestling shit that isn't even a sport and belongs on Sup Forums
>check this out
>holy shit it's true

what the fuck
it's truly mind-boggling
/asp/ didnt deserve to be a containment board for such dire trash

Kek they make r9k look respectable

the most retarded thing is that the person supposedly in charge of running the site would have no idea what impact his decision has made

You don't need to know how much impact it caused. The board is called "/asp/ - Alternative Sports" yet the board is entirely filled with mandrama autism.

>wrestling shit that isn't even a sport
there are sports, and there are "alternative sports," like wrestling and it belongs in /asp/

you're just butthurt those other meme sports aren't as popular

ditch it
/spa/ is the new hotness

We need to get those Monster chugging manhug fans off Sup Forums next.

this is the fault of wwe fans from Sup Forums. The board wasn't like this before the merge

>she's only 50

kek. Doesn't look a day over 75.

>But can the Cenas fashion weapons out of the bones of other cenas?

Those threads were great

it was brock lesnar you retards, and it was even Sup Forums relevant because he was in MMA at the time

dumb frogposter

You guys were the ones that wanted to shove mandrama to /asp/ and made threads about it daily, spamming the fucking board. It was your own decision

we made a mistake

Fucking this
I tried to participate in an /ass/ thread just a few days ago and it was instantly derailed into trump posting

Didn't mean to quote but as an aside, /wooo/ sucks too and has for years, much like 420chan in general

>Spardot still exists
>RedMachineD is a literal mod
>constant tripfagging
>any sense of originality or uniqueness to the board gone

it wasnt a mistake, fuck mandrama all their brony posters

What are we supposed to do? Mandrama isn't a sport and it was rightfully kicked off Sup Forums. Sup Forums doesn't want it, so it went to /asp/ and now it has absolutely ruined the board. Gookmoot should simply make a /wwe/ board and everything would be ok.

>mad at wrestling
Autistic as fuck

Mandramam haters are substantially worse than any wrestling posters
>back when Sup Forums had wrestling
>5 threads with autistic aspies mad at wrestling because they had to scroll past a wrestling thread before they could go to /ba/ and talk about which big black bull had the biggest dingus
>one /wwe/ thread which was kept maintained, and they often had pics of sexy broads in their outfits

Ass posting and rap power rankings arent sports either but people still want that

thank you skellington

I miss the skiing threads

fucking lmao

except moot felt it fit more with Sup Forums than it did Sup Forums. but since Sup Forums through shitfest it was moved to /asp/ by gook

i regret nothing

they're not our problem anymore

screeching at this image

/asp/ shouldn't have been made. They should've made /spg/ to fix the generals cancer

Hiro is a cunt, more news at 11.

thought the same, went there once, never went back

pathetic

>>every single thread for all 10 pages is wrestling shit that isn't even a sport and belongs on Sup Forums
Agree, mandrama belongs to Sup Forums. When will hiro do something about it?

so you think they should just be shipped away to ruin the only good bord onn this sight

and mandrama faggots would still be posting their "waifus" here

we need both /asp/ and /spg/

This.

>tv/
>good

lol, Sup Forums is already shit

generals killed Sup Forums

who cares, as long they're not on Sup Forums, dont care what other board they ruin

>people actually watch wrestling

Do they not realise it's all acting?

They do,
but they lack human interaction and often see the world in black and white. They want "heroes" and "villans" too love and hate. Ergo everything in their mind have to fit a narrative, so it's what they choose to watch for entertainment.
>same people that watch anime
>t. armchair psychologist

1. Sup Forums already sucks

2. Let's assume it doesn't suck. It is still fucking big, WWE threads wouldn't make a big impact there, it would be like cricket threads here, they would be always present but you can easily ignore them and the rest would be the same.

3. Even if it would make Sup Forums worse it doesn't matter, because WWE is Sup Forums-related content. Should superhero movies be banned there because some people don't like them?

Fuck my fuckimg life, I meant to reply to this user

holy shit its literally all wrestling

The final solution to the mandrama problem:

>create "generals" boards for Sup Forums and Sup Forums similar to /vg/
>quarantine all mandrama discussion to a single thread on /tvg/
>move all Sup Forums generals to /spg/
>things like skateboarding and martial arts can have threads on /spg/
>delete /asp/
>Sup Forums is now reserved for game threads and one-off threads

Tell me this isn't perfect.

lmao they actually ruined an entire board, at least here they were contained to generals

/asp/ moved slower than old people fuck. it was the mandrama that saved that shit board. they should be grateful.

That was on good days m8. On bad days there would around 10 stupid ass shitpost threads about wwe.

The people who care for the wwe shenanigans were loud and obnoxious, and so they were removed.

why does every board on 4chins have an inferiority complex with reddit? Most people there doesnt even know this site exists let alone care or have ever visited

>be 7
>like WWE
>be 10
>realise it's fake bullshit
>be 15
>look back embarrassed at myself for liking it as a kid, realise how hilariously terrible it is and how it's not even entertaining in the least little bit

and yet now, as a 26 year old, i still see people i went to school with posting on twitter and facebook about being excited about the return of X or the new special event thats coming up

>mfw they're mentally ill retards
>mfw they don't even know that they should feel ashamed of this
>mfw this shocking lack of self awareness

THIS

H

I

S

>caring this much about what other people like

talk about a lack of self-awareness

if the sport doesn't have a ball, then it's not a sport. it's an activity

i watched wcw into my teens because Id jack off to the nitro girls

Just ban it altogether they have no right to a board

>not having standards
you have zero self awareness

also you say 'care' like i'm going out of my mind with concern, whereas the reality is i'm sitting her laughing at them as i afford them 60 seconds of thought out of the entire year

step it up, pleb

>also you say 'care' like i'm going out of my mind with concern, whereas the reality is i'm sitting her laughing at them as i afford them 60 seconds of thought out of the entire year

you care enough to pay attention to what people post on social media about a thing you "care nothing about" and call them mentally ill and how they should feel

W

E

W

L

A

D

post your face when you realise that you could probably take 60% of WWF/WCW/WWE 'superstars' in a 1 on 1 street fight because they can't actually fight and have no combat ability whatsoever they just take steroids and eat loads of food like all fat fuck americans do

>mfw

I don't even post on /asp/, but if you actually take a closer look at it, it's still an extremely slow board with only a handful of people posting there at any given time. As long as someone bumps non-wrestling threads every 12 hours, there is no threat of them archiving. Without wrestling being moved there, threads would literally be in the catalog for weeks without a reply. It's literally a non-issue only brought up by spazzy autists who hate seeing people making threads they don't like.

>you care enough to pay attention
another way of putting that is "you care enough to have functioning eyes and ears"

sorry for being a developed human being, fuckhead

Kids don't realize it. People from 14 years forward do, but still think it's entertaining and they've watched it for years at that point so what the fuck.

The other threads are still there. Just ignore the homohug. Sumo threads are comfiest

Imagine what she looks like without makeup

>get fed up with mandrama shitting up Sup Forums
>move it
>infects /asp/ like the plague overnight
it was either them or us

>slow niche board full of a massive diversity of topics, quality discussion and content
>replaced by an entire 10 pages - half of which shitposting - of one sport that isn't even a sport

>"saved"

>slow boards are objectvely bad

>people in this thread actually defending mandrama

Mandrama is a cancer, but it was either /asp/ or us.

i dont see how that shit didnt get put on Sup Forums

its literally reality tv

good wrestling needed to fuck off of Sup Forums

No one's doubting this, but /asp/ didn't deserved to be raped in the process.

Reddit is full of spergs that spout memes in real life and play magic the gathering in their comunity college cafeterias and wear fedoras. They only have a shallow knowledge of their hobbies and are easily trolled which makes them posting here unbearable. Fuck reddit

it was one thread on here though, not the overwhelming majority of the board. it was an easily ignoreable minor annoyance much like shitty threads lile /arse/ here unless you're a sperg. it wasn't "them or us", it barely affected Sup Forums and it legitimately ruined /asp/

should have just moved its general to Sup Forums

who cares man it is a doggy dog world out there

Most of them are ex olympic style wrestlers and mma fighters who found it more profitable to pretend to fight. So I find that statement doubtful.

The removal of /wwe/ was the pivotal moment that marked the beginning of Sup Forumss demise, along with the deletion of bro culture and power rankings.

This place used to be
>talk about whatever you want

and it literally became

>talk about what this handful of samefagging loudmouth spergs decide you should talk about

Fuck off back to your containment board

WWE just oozes so much vulgarity and seediness. I'm not even a snob.

I miss the nightly volleyball ass threads.

there is nothing wrong with liking WWE at 7 years old, thats who its made for

it didnt belong here, so its good its gone

why they didnt just make a wrestling board is beyond me

Based Trump.

>mountaineering, martial arts, skiing, sailing, extreme sports
those all belong on Sup Forums though

/wooo/ singlehandedly killed 420chan

We should have had zero tolerance for mandrama faggots and give it a sitewide ban.

Reminder that /wwe/ was one self contained general with regular hot chick posting. Mandrama haters however had to shit up Sup Forums with at least 5 active threads at a time complaining about its existence. /wwe/ then moved to /asp/ and STILL tried to keep one general that the mods deleted forcing them to overrun /asp/.

/wwe/ did literally nothing wrong

Reminder that you are literally the jews of sportsfans and no one would be sad if youmall got holocausted.

t. retard

>hated on and thrown out of every board you try to spread to
>claim you're the victims, its people pretending to be you, and/or it's everyone elses fault

So you're the jews of Sup Forums?