A major label responded to my demo

A major label responded to my demo.

Should I be excited or scared

Other urls found in this thread:

picosong.com/wwRnD/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

depends on what they said

who needs a label, anyway

usually they reject you unless you already have a decently large following, make what you what of that

both.. protect ur IP bruh dont get juiced off the potential for exposure so much so u sell ur rights to ur own stuff.. consult a lawyer when that contract gets in ur hand (if u have the means)

Post demo pls

er, i suppose i should say this.. you likely will be selling the rights away but the consulting aspect is to be smart about it and not get shaken down. im not a lawyer just vaguely familiar with this crap.

why do people need labels in this era we live in ?

I would say definitely get excited but yeah, the user recommending you to get a lawyer is right. They will get your IP and everything but the lawyer can protect your interests.

they're gonna tell you it's not what they're looking for, may offer you an in to ghostwrite for their more presentable slutpop artist / "indie" band

Also, post demo.

also post the email, that way if your music doesnt pan out at least youll have a legacy on Sup Forums

Nah not now don't want all the judgement

It's an easy way to gain exposure and gain traction via playing big shows with bigger artists

I mean I know my chances are still slim in regards to getting signed or anything, but the A&R guy replied to it and told me he was forwarding it too a department and that they'd be in touch if they need more information. So I consider that a victory lmao

Good Advice

Even if chances are slim, this is a decent achievement in it's self. Hope everything works out for you

Lol bullshit OP. Major labels will not respond to a random demo unless you have some burgeoning hype or fanbase already. It's way too much of a risk these days in the modern music industry to sign some nobody, and it doesn't happen anymore.

Do you want a picture of the email.

sure like it cant be forged
but lets see this "picture" of an email anyway

do u like.. ask the grocery employees to open ur frozen dinners because there might just be a piece of floor tile in there instead of pasta?

not that poster, but yeah post the email and post at least a snippet on soundcloud. you should really get yourself out there

sure why not

That sounds pretty positive. Good luck dude.

son, there's something i have to tell you

lol are you kidding me? that sounds so generic

Reprise Records???

I'm sorry but I had to it

Yeah no kidding, but like I said above, just getting a reply from the AR Dude is a victory in itself

Can you legally not show the label's name, or are you just a liar?

but user......it reads like a template response

No, Smaller

I'd just personally prefer not to give it out in chances that someone there may be lurking on mu. It's an astronomically small chance but whatever.

And here's the demo : picosong.com/wwRnD/

It's not mind bending but it was submitted amongst 13 other songs

F am there's literally no reason they would give a template response 5 days later, and also no reason they should even reply if they're not interested in something

i like it

>picosong.com/wwRnD/
sounds like alice in chains kinda

I made this song. It is mine.

you just got an automated response.
also i can't tell if that is your demo or a badly mixed alice in chains song.

Yeah they're big influences of mine.

Thanks!

just responding to e-mails. it's part of the job.

I don't know because I'm not a signed musician but I think I'd personally stick with indie labels unless you got big to the point where you could get the label to do your bidding really.

I get that but have you ever submitted demos? Even on 9/10 websites there is a disclaimer that reads "Due to volume, we do not reply to 99% of emails"

so do you already play live shows?

I hope everything works out for you user

Yeah, we've played about 30 the last year. Actually had to drop about 5-10 more due too our age and not being allowed in some bars (all between 18-20). It's cool, gotten to the point where people email us to book and not the other way around

godspeed.

>t's an easy way to gain exposure and gain traction via playing big shows with bigger artists
it doesn't mean anything. just ask judee sill.

Thank you

Plays out different for everyone. Hey only live so long may as well try and see how far you can get

I found OP

thestonedeye.bandcamp.com

Yup.

How you reverse search audio?

it doesn't mean nothing though. you're right that it's not a guarantee but i'd say having major label backing puts you in a way better position than otherwise

kek

>tfw this thread was just a viral marketing scheme for op to shill his shitty bandcamp link
go to the fucking bandcamp threads u fucking loser

I searched the lyrics. Good stuff desu.

top cynicism. probably the same guy that was pressuring him to post his demo in the first place

fuck off lol
op seems like a cool guy

I didn't post the link you cock. This is literally why 30 replies ago I was like yeah I don't want to post a demo

Thanks

I go to school outside of Philly in Haverford. I will come see you live.

this is good. don't hire azimuth mastering next time.

Yeah I know the area. Sweet

Yeah. I mean, it was cheap. That's really why. I can't master

how do you play live? just two people? does the drummer sing too?

Nah live I get a fill-in bassist. And the vocals are the hardest part because not every bassist we got can sing that well - like the current guy we have playing the scheduled shows can't sing at all so it's just me.

Sounds good user

Thank you user

if you make it big, please don't pretend you never browsed this shithole like will ad so many people did before

is not bad, nice singning, nice guitar playing, not my genre desu

but it does sound like any other 90s AIC ripoff, they probably get a lot of demos like this one , maybe you should try an specific genre label, this is not popular anymore and if its not popular then the label will get no money from it

>wanting to be signed to a major label
Aka being a good goy
enjoy not having your cut on album sales and being forced to tour endlessly

lol

Yeah that's a fair point, it's certainly not for everyone. Hey if you could point me in the right direction I'm all ears - I feel like we either aren't heavy enough for metal labels and too heavy for indie/alternative labels

>we either aren't heavy enough for metal labels and too heavy for indie/alternative labels
keekeeekeek
he's not gonna make it

:_{

lol who r these guys the other 2 bandmates? fucking homos lmfao isnt it almost time for your 3rd circlejerk of the day?

>30 replies ago I was like yeah I don't want to post a demo
ah but yet somehow 30 replies later we have your bc link itt and you're still thanking anons for sucking your average sized dick. obvious shill thread is obvious.

bravo on this generic email not showing the address or "record label". maybe next time you make this attention whoring thread try putting in a little more effort, bitch

I don't want to be the one to tell you but...this seems like a generic email response to everything they get sent. As of yet I would doubt someone has listened to anything. Some secretary probably saw the subject line and forwarded on to someone else. Even more likely, an automated system did that job.

Yeah I don't dispute that as a possibility, who knows

Just let the thread die then, man

>"W-Why did they reply his his email and not mine..."

yeah majors DO NOT reply back- not even with an automated email set up.

the only way to get their attention is through pr. show you are serious about being a marketable brand by shilling out hefty amounts of professional pr. preferably the kind with connections to the labels.

Yeah that's why I am surprised one of the AR reps for the label replied

This senpai, give a call out to the Sup Forums fags that believed in you.

I will senpai

>why do people need labels in this era we live in ?
To get records made, to get records sold, to get billed in decent venues, etc. etc.

>Lol bullshit OP. Major labels will not respond to a random demo unless you have some burgeoning hype or fanbase already. It's way too much of a risk these days in the modern music industry to sign some nobody, and it doesn't happen anymore.
This 110%. Even if they can make money off of you, they're not going to bother until you're pretty much at the point where you don't need a label.

>I get that but have you ever submitted demos? Even on 9/10 websites there is a disclaimer that reads "Due to volume, we do not reply to 99% of emails"
Entirely true, it's lucky if you get anything through to them, then they also complain on social media about how much music they have to listen to, when their job is listening to music.

Thanks for the advice.

Yeah that's what I mean, I have been submitting shit for the past 5-6 years and this is one of the only replies that I have gotten that wasn't an automated answer in the first 20 seconds. That's why my eyebrows are raised.

good
needs less crash symbol

congrats, but don't get too excited. like others said, lawyer up and don't make any hasty decisions.

always remember that no matter how nice and chill and whatever they may seem, they see you as a source of income, expecting to make money off you than you'll make off yourself. don't act jaded and suspicious, but don't let them walk all over you.

>picosong.com/wwRnD/

I don't care if you got contacted by a label or not. Can I please join your band? Sounds fucking great. Nice mix of AIC and QOTSA imo.

Lmao yeah man hit me up on FB or whatever. Someone posted the bandcamp link above so you'll find it

Lol wtf Alice In Chains sucks ass why would anybody want the be influenced by them?

because some of us aren't nu-males faggot

^^

user please become the savior of indie rock

Damn, looks like you guys actually have a pretty killer following already. Also impressive that you're just a 2 piece. I would seriously consider trying out if I didn't live like 10 hours away. I'll be sure to see you guys if you ever come around my area though.

I'll try
:( Yeah we want to hit the road this summer when College isn't in the way

Alice In Chains were already twenty years too late themselves way to raise the bar.

>Alice In Chains were already twenty years too late themselves

Too late for what? To be both immensely successful and influential enough to leave a lasting impact for well over 2 decades?

Don't see the AiC comparison, but I'd listen to the rest.

Probably the harmonies

Have you ever watched that episode of the sopranos where andriana is trying to push her friends band? They sound very similar to you and they get shutdown because there's nothing special about them/they have no x factor, that's what I'm getting from your track.

I mean it's good but it's painfully generic in a genre that isn't relevant anymore, maybe 25 years ago.

I see what you're saying but don't feel the same way. (not the OP btw) I think their sound definitely has some clear influences but the songwriting is really genuinely good and the vocals are fantastic. Also, the drum are more interesting than what most Post-Grunge bands had as well. Drummers like Sean Kinney, Matt Cameron, Jimmy Chamberlin and hell even Dave Grohl all had pretty distinct and discernable sounds/styles. I don't know if any band from the Post-Grunge era had a memorable drummer.

Also, Rock music is becoming more and more of a niche genre every day and there's plenty of people interested in a band with that sort of sound. It's not like labels think they'll stumble upon the next Beatles or Nirvana who will take over the entire industry.

Good luck selling grunge in 2017 m8

eh idk, I personally havent heard an aggressive fuzz fueled alternative song since the 90's

This is incredible, very very good

they're around, its just that none of them make it enough to have singles and publicity since the 90s

Yeah that makes sense.

But idk like previous user said about the music industry, I think at this point in rocks life, especially given the revivalism of certain genres in the past few years, there definitely could be a big audience for some hard hitting "grunge" (especially following what has been a pretty long mainstream hard rock drought)