Anyone that has been married or currently is that can tell me about it? Honest opinions and what not

Anyone that has been married or currently is that can tell me about it? Honest opinions and what not.

Found a couple of girls through my life which I thought "yea this chick I could spend my life with" tho as in most cases women change over the years and they turned out to be horrible people.

In most cases I hear it's a trap for most men, you think it will be good. But in most cases, it's not. Anyone that has a real life example`?

ah yes isnt holding the heart of your loved one sweet :)

Nothing means everything

It's just a fucking life. Do what you will with it

Been married 8 yrs. I love my wife to death but wish I'd never married her. At the end of the day marriage puts you at a disadvantage when shit goes south. If she loves you enough to be with you then she should love you enough to never get a ring.

Most women are awful and should not be married. Most people are awful to be frank. Regardless, improve your productivity, be a good person, and you will attract good people. My wife is a year older than me, we met in college, she's a pharmacist, I'm an accountant, no kids, been together for 8 years, it's fantastic. But, I found a good person. It's pretty simple.

Sounds crazy similar to how I met my current gf. Roles are also quite similar. I work with money (part time) and she works as a nurse.

Well it's pretty common for women to work in a nurturing role in society (healthcare, teaching, etc.) And men who are left brained prefer math based items, but if you're extroverted, you tend to be better in business. If you're introverted, you tend to be better in science/ engineering.

I've been married. It was completely pointless. It didn't do anything to change the relationship and when it broke down we had to get divorced, which was a pain in the arse.
There's this thing called the 7 year itch. Basically humans aren't designed to stay with one person forever. Eventually the love wears off and you are merely coexisting with another human. And your brain is telling you to fuck other women.

I think it's for the best to get with a girl you don't get married to.

I work "double jobs".
I have saved money for about 6 years on different index founds so I get about half a paycheck from it. On the other time I work with helping businesses and organisations who have issues within their workforce between coworkers exe. Anyways glad to hear it is going well for you, hopefully i can answer one of these threads to op one day.

Being in a relationship is bad enough. It cones down to kids. Do you want kids? You want a 2 parent system to get enriched, normal kids. If you don't want kids, don't get the fuck married.

I was thinking exactly same thing as you posted now OP, like literally you read my mind... Today was a horrible day for me as i figured out who is person I fell in love with tho I promised myself years ago not to fall for anyone ever again :(

I would argue that this is mostly true.

My grandparents have been together for over 70years now. They are still alive at age 91 and 89.

As far as I understand what happens is that you learn to love each other in a different way. Much deeper connection. But I think it's a rare thing to find. Most people stay together out of being too lazy to find a new love.

My partner and I have been been together for coming up on a decade. The first years of our life together were harder... Not because we fought, but because we didn't know each other as well as we do now and because finances were difficult and it wasn't always daisies and rainbows... And the years seem to get easier and easier with time.

My partner is my lover and best friend, and we met each other by pure fluke... Just living our lives and doing what made us happy and there we were, waiting for one another... The person I want to tell that funny joke to or the person I want to go see that new movie with.

We disagree sometimes, but we never argue. We never genuinely, ARGUE. We respect our differences in opinions sometimes, and we're both smart in our own unique ways.

Real love isn't looking over at someone during the good times and knowing you're happy together... It's knowing in the very worst of times, that all you need is all you have and that's each other.

I'm often reminded of a particular lyric, from the song Hallelujah; "And love is not a victory march... It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah"

Loving someone truly is hard... And finding someone that truly loves you back is even harder... Nearly impossible.. They say "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return"... But if you find the thing... The real deal... If you wait long enough until you can just tell in your heart that you can't even consider life being as good without this person being their incredible selves and contributing so much happiness to your life like they do...

You'll know this isn't ,merely someone you love.

This is the other half of your soul, and it's everything you've been waiting for.

Usually people are with thee partners for at least five years before they marry.
So after the years stack up the passion goes to zero, sex is boring the dayly grind gets harder the mundaneness sets in you drift apart split and share your assets, but if you have kids she will take the lions portion.
Don't get married just don't it's really not worth the hassle.

Idk if it's just me but honestly every time I let my emotions go for a girl, within a couple of months we have broken up. But if I leave it at shallow emotions, the relationship is fine. I can't say I do that much differently. Maybe i get more attached to the person and they start to push me away for it.

But the rule, in general, seem to be never like someone else more then you love yourself

As long as I stay with shallow emotions they will stay with you.... You love you lose?

I forgot... The most important part.

Be weird together. Be total weirdos.

BE REALLY FUCKING WEIRD TOGETHER.

Embrace the weird.

Laugh at yourselves and your weirdness.

Enjoy the awesome companionship of living every day of the rest of your life with someone as silly and weird as you.

Nothing matters nearly as much as the world leads you to think it does, and once you've stopped worrying about the trivial you can really start living a happy fulfilled life. Together.

I have no gf fuck you

Married later in life. Married 3 yrs. Spot on post.
Marriage ultimately becomes about control. Either you or your spouse. This is no 50/50. That is human nature.
The ring, paper, etc gives can make someone the right to attempt to insert control.

And before I forget, YOU will pay for EVERYTHING bad that happened to your other, usually mentally.

>tl;dr don't get married

God that is so well written brother, same applies for me except when i let my emotions go for girl Im fucked in month if not earlier... I just dont know, I might be way too sensitive... thank you mother

Been married twice meme. First time to high school sweetheart at 23, divorced by 27. No kids. Remarried at 32. Been with 2nd wife 10 years and have 3 kids.

Choose wisely. Be honest with yourself and your appraisal of the relationship's future. A person consistently extremely honest and open that encourages you to be equally extremely honest and open will make the best spouse, even if the majority of your interests don't align. Whatever trust issues you may or may not have, get rid of them before marriage. Forget your ideals. Fuck taking things personally. Kiss all of your single friends goodbye.

Marriage is not for everyone. You're not going to be able to hide your inner freak forever. Shit will get very real. There is no longer any pure freedom when you promise to commit to share your life and its successes with another human, faults and all.

This guy gets it, however here's the problem...

Unless you've lived together for a while it's hard to know you have "the one". Those first few years are just as this guy described but as you go through life people change, the "bloom on the rose" wears off and it can adversely affect a marriage.

I've been married 40 years and those first few years were great. But we both changed and when you add the death of a child, illness of another, financial issues, etc... it just can kill a marriage.

What if we weren't married and just lived together? Would it be any different? Not for me. But I think some people would feel it's easier to break up when you're not married than when you are.

Fuck a lot of women. A lot of women. You'll regret it if you don't.

>dark art thread
>thread is yet another "boohoo my life is so bad"-thread

For me it seem that staying with one partner is something that worked better in the past for survival but today it's no longer needed in our society but we are brought up to believe it's what we SHOULD do to be happy?

Took this of the internet.

We are mammals, and if we look to the mammalian world, just 3 to 5% of the about 5,000 species of mammals form lifelong, monogamous bonds - this is the case of beavers, wolves, gibbons, jackals, foxes, some bats, dwarf deer and antelopes (like dik-dik)."

Why Monogamy?

Monogamy is a breeding behavior that is considered to give offspring a better survival chances, as in monogamous couples females receive all the support of the male in raising newborns to adulthood, from food to protection.

It's clear: a pair achieves more food and survives better than the bachelors. The "married" jackals were found to live on average 3-4 years longer than the solitary ones.

Then one day she fucks your best friend, leaves you and takes half of everything and leaves you a destroyed and an alcoholic mess for the rest of time.

OP here.

My life is good user thanks. The picture was the only one i had which was semi-fitting to what to what i was thinking about.

All the jokes about the "ball and chain" and how "she's got you by the balls" are not jokes. It's real. I wish someone had cared enough about me 17 years ago to tell me that, I wouldn't be suicidal today.

Don't get married to a woman who already has kids. You're kidding yourself. The met in college and were best friends and got married - that seems like a pretty worthwhile deal if you get lucky and both of you stick with it.