Atheists claim that god doesn't exist, but when you ask them to provide evidence...

atheists claim that god doesn't exist, but when you ask them to provide evidence, they say the burden of proof isn't on them, even though they're the one making the claim?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ogd-yh7orfo&list=PLneWcwhDfmG0TyFTA_hSX3N1MXdZUzrw4&index=4
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheist
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

where's your proof that god does exist?

Niggers tongue my anus, therefore God

Theists claim that a god exists.
Atheists don't accept that claim.

where's your proof that god doesn't exist?

Science

>You can't prove he doesn't exist, therefore he does!
That's not how it works.
You gotta prove God DOES exist, otherwise, for all intents and purposes, he doesn't.

OP believes in fairytales. what a faggot.

Ffs this thread again

If you're not a troll, see "burden of proof"

you have the burden of proof, you dumb poopy butt

If your god (out of the hundreds humanity invented) is the right one, why are members of your church treated by him in the same way as atheists when it comes to diseases etc.?

What ?

Atheist tend to be pussies.

I can prove there are no midgets in the US Congress.

I can prove there is no teacup orbiting the earth.

Get real atheists.

The burden of proof is on the person making the extraordinary claim.

Many theists claim that primitive sheep herding middle easterners were correct in their assertion that an omnipotent sky monster who is his own father is responsible for the daily happenings in our lives. They also claim that this same creature is responsible for the creation of our universe and that all the stories in their book are true, despite overwhelming empirical evidence to the contrary.

Meanwhile science has proven the age of the earth, eradicated dozens of diseases, landed humans on the moon, explained genetic inheritance, and created global communications networks like the one you're using right now to be an ignorant twat.

>this thread again.
Apart from a highly outdated book written what's your proof in the slightest? One fucking shread of evidence to support your claim? Go on, I'm listening.
Out of the 4200 religions in the world you think yours is the right one? Why?
You are clutching at straws to come to an anonymous message board to try to convert people. Is your religion doing that bad?

Divine figures are based on the principle of belief over "facts." And your so-called indisputable facts could become obsolete by next year. Science is never correct for long, and someone will always find a "better" way to do things.

>avoiding the question

You are a dumbass. There is plenty of evidence. You just don't like it.

DURR HURR I'M AN ATHEIST BUT I ALSO CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS

t. Tinfoil Hat Salesman

For the record, I found out yesterday that this pic related to the Never Ending movie...
fuck you all, niggers

For example...?

Where is your proof there's no teacup? I sent one up last week.
Now that I have said it in writing who are you to not believe something written by someone you don't know?
Sound at all familiar?

Hey, I just take the day off because it's a state holiday.
As a fascist, who am I to question the nation-state?

Such as? Go on. I'm listening

It almost like some lame postmodern critique of religion who can't think his way out of a paper bag.

At least post something original instead of this stale meme.

This should be a SHITTED.COM thread by now

The bibble

Really? Trying this simple one: The Universe began.

>questioning things
Your a fucking retard. There's a reason the dark ages failed. Stop trying to drag us back there.

Don't be a dumbass. Your own proclamation is not evidence. Produce 500 witnesses.

How did it create? God just did it is not an argument

why do you use a pic of a character from a movie that was basically a pagan wetdream?

Christopher Hitchens Time!

youtube.com/watch?v=ogd-yh7orfo&list=PLneWcwhDfmG0TyFTA_hSX3N1MXdZUzrw4&index=4

Don't be a dumbass. My religion drug your dumbass out of the dark ages and is the basis of the western world.

How do you know it was God's fault?

To quote the most common theist argument: "were you there?"

This is my question every time I see the thread.

Atheist are morons. Agnostics make more sense “I dont know if there is a god, I dont believe in a deity just because someone tells me to. But if god shows himself to me (in which way every person can decide by themselves) I have to be reasonable and believe“ therefore if god comes fown from heaven and puts his cock up you arse you better believe there is a cock in it.

Where is your proof that a flying spaghetti monster doesn't exist?

There was 500 people there. Exactly the same argument.
Guys did you all see me do it? I bet they did. Same fucking thing.
Do u post this thread in between hacking off to traps.. If you believe in god so much kill yourself and go meet him. Your slowing us down.
ITT: mah bibble, that's literally all u have

You dumbass.

Everything that begins has a cause.
The Universe began.
Therefore the universe had a cause.

Must be very powerful. Outside of time and space, etc. What does that sound like to you, dumbass.

Theists are morons. They believe that every day, God comes down from Heaven, and fucks them up the ass.

ikr? i usually don't come into these threads because like 90% of Sup Forums it's just shitty bait but then i remembered that movie and i couldn't help myself.

Who created God?

ah, what now?
That's a completely shit answer fuckwit

I saw him

You dumbass. I have purpose. You have no God. Nietzsche and Camu think you are the one who should kill yourself. You have no purpose but ultimate oblivion.

So you're saying God flashed you? What a pervert.

Atheist and agnostic are not mutually exclusive.

Nobody knows if there is a god, so by definition, we are all agnostic.

I just do not believe in one because, with no proof, I have no reason to do so.
>inb4 muh pascal's wager

as far as I've seen, they haven't said God exists.
However God either exists, or doesn't. Whether the existence is proven is entirely irrelevant

Ah. Very articulated answer. Your proof is overwhelming
I believe in Buddha. Now what? I'm wrong? Why?

You dumbass. God has no beginning. The uncaused cause-- that what Aristotle said.

Atheists postulate that not only is there no good reason to believe that a god exists, there is also no valid or acceptable proof of its existence.

Replace the word god with any imaginary thing and you should see why it's ridiculous to require the atheists to provide proof that a thing does not exist.

If I say to you that on the smallest known scale there exists a single elementary particle which is not only vastly more intelligent than we are, it is also capable of telekinesis and has spoken directly to me more than once.

Now provide me the proof that says I'm wrong.

It doesn't work that way. You cannot prove a thing doesn't exist.

but i thought everything has to have a beginning

Amen

Buddha is in a grave, dumbass.

>but i thought everything has to have a beginning

Everything that BEGINS has a CAUSE.

You dumbass.

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheist

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic

So is Jesus
Even Christians know he died

Unless you have a better explanation, it's a fucking fantastic argument.

You are a fucking snowflake. I sincerely hope your mother gets cancer. Beg your god to cure her!! He won't. Science may. If there is a god, he fucking hates you.

We are in a virtual reality
Time is cylindric
we are in the core of a black hole of a bigger gallaxy.

Cos he was weak, pathetic, gay, mortal and a scam artist

Can we measure god?

No. By definition he therefore cannot affect anything.

A contradiction to god being "all powerful"

And if he does exist he's a right cunt for putting us in this world anyways so why worship him

The ONE making the Claim of Existence is obligated by the system to show proof, NOT the one making the claim of non-existence. This is the way the scientific system works. Did you miss science in school?

You must not know what postmodernism is. Hint: it doesn't really suggest anything I said.

You must be in grade school or something. The problem with that causality argument is that you have to find a cause for god. Then there must be a cause for his frame of existence outside ours, and so on.

Then, if you're willing to reject this argument, you have to wonder why he bothers to care specifically about the goings on of the little organisms that inhabit one of the planets around an average star in one of billions of galaxies, each with billions of stars in them.

More logical

>So is Jesus

Jesus arose from his Grave. The jews couldn't produce his body...neither could the romans.

The cornerstone of western civilization isn't religion, it's science. And science consistently disproves the claims of numerous religious texts. Fuck, even syllogism, if you knew how to use it, could serve you better than the content in these books.

You cannot claim that God does exist because, by the same reasoning, you could make up anything, in that primitive brain of yours, and claim it true. We all know it isn't true until proven so; this is the whole goal of science: find the proof to our claims. The very fact that religion provides none for itself and still claims to be true means that it negates the scientific process altogether. Which is detrimental to our progress as a curious force of the planet, the solar system, and the galaxy and beyond.

69, there is a god

Your ignorance is showing... Learn the definition of atheist first before your start slobbering all over yourself.

Everyone on the planet are technically agnostics because no one CAN know for sure without dying first.

An atheist just doesn't see a reason for the god hypothesis in the first place. There's no reason to make believe that one exists.

then prove that god had no beginning
and i know this is difficult for some as limited as you but refrain from petty insults if you want to be taken seriously

>find a cause for god.
You are full of shit. Logically an infinite regress is impossible.

it's not an answer. it's a statement on how an answer had no worth. You clearly struggle with language, you don't belong in a complex theological discussion.
Good day sir.

I do have the evidence that God doesn't exit. I won't upload it though, but you can't prove I don't have it.

You're claiming that everything that begins has a cause, so you're postulating that there's something without a beginning that has no cause and therefore is behind everything else? That's quite an elaborate conjecture. So what's your evidence?

>isn't religion, it's science
False dichotomy.

Science and religion are two different things.

But then so does god. What started god? Where did he come from? Then where did the thing that created god come from? And where did THAT thing come from?

Christians claim that Ra, the Sun God doesn't exist, but when you ask them to provide evidence, they say the burden of proof isn't on them, even though they're the one making the claim?