What do you think about psychedelics?

What do you think about psychedelics?

Sup Forums is pretty open about it

Idk I've never tried them but I've been wanting to

praise gammagoblin

They are fucking amazing

Would encourage everyone to try them or you will die having not experienced a whole nother level of feelings

Is that right?

They give people a false sense of understanding.

Why is it false?

Because it was gained through deliberately causing a brain malfunction.

>brain malfunction
oh boy

How would you experience the complete out of body at one with the universe feeling you get on Ketamine without drugs?

Totally great. Gift from God type of thing.

That's exactly what you are doing when you take psychedelics. You're altering your perception of reality by fucking up your brain chemistry.

Good, it's fun

That's fine. Just don't think you've gained some great insight into the nature of reality.

I think that I want some.

Maybe so, but i dont understand the argument that an altered perception of reality somehow invalidates every thought you have.
I'd even say that an altered perception of reality makes it possible for someone to see things from a perspective that you might never had in a sober state of mind.
Of course, just because you thought of something on acid doesnt mean it's the absolute truth, but that applies to sober thoughts as well.

Some scientists and mathematicians have taken LSD to help them gain new insight into their work. There is a difference between true insights gained from a change of perspective and delusional, paranoid ramblings about reptile people. It's good to take your tripping thoughts with a grain of salt but you shouldn't discredit them altogether.

This.

I think psychs are a worthwhile experience, if taken responsibly. Everyone should try it at least once in their life if they can (i.e, not having a predisposed mental condition it could make worse).

The visuals are sweet as, and the changed thinking style gives you something to reflect on, even if its just an appreciation for the absurdity.

Lol wut

You are purposefully feeding in false premises to try to reach a true conclusion. It doesn't make sense.

If I were to give you false memories of an event during a hypnotherapy session, would conclusions you draw from those memories be reliable?

How can you differentiate between "true" insight and delusional, paranoid ramblings?

Love them, saved me from suicide after just one trip.

It strip off the impure thoughts, wrong thinkings, and mental ghost caves from your mind.

Only love

>false premises
There it is again.
An altered perception of reality is not the same as losing touch of reality.
Someone else telling you how they percieved an event is not the same as someone lying about how the event actually went down

By being self-critical, more or less

>An altered perception of reality is not the same as losing touch of reality.
How so?
>Someone else telling you how they percieved an event is not the same as someone lying about how the event actually went down
If their perception is mistaken, the end result is the same.

And yet many people resolve the problems those revelations manifested to help with.

Your analogy is off. Psychedelics aren't quite a false memory, its an altered state of mind. You're still you and you handle the situations and thoughts being brought on by the drug your own way - whats effected is the perception of reality. So when you reflect on the events, you can draw your own conclusions your own way. Those conclusions aren't necessarily "true" - they are just an interpretation of what you experienced.

I think I can see where you're trying to go with this, but the same logic can be applied to sober life too. Just because your senses detected a series of events and you drew conclusions from those senses, does that make them "true"?

Maybe this is a language thing though, I'd love to hear more of your take on this.

What?

Says the guy who’s never done it. Unless you’ve tried it, you know not of what you speak

haha agreed

Sometimes, when on psychedelics, especially if you’re having an issue in your life that you can’t figure out, you’ll have the answer completely revealed to you in a vision or deep thought.

>whats effected is the perception of reality
Exactly. Your brain is not processing information the way that it is supposed to.
>So when you reflect on the events, you can draw your own conclusions your own way.
The same can be said of false memories.
>does that make them "true"
No, which is why we should not completely trust our senses. What I am saying is that you are making something that is already unreliable even less reliable. You are setting yourself up for self-deception.

I don't need to walk into a cult brainwashing session to understanding how brainwashing works and that there's no reason to think that beliefs gained from such a process are unreliable.

No one said anything about brainwashing or beliefs, that’s you and your biases saying that. Things like this is what I mean. It’s understandable you can’t fathom it since you’re blinded by your obvious bias

>No one said anything about brainwashing or beliefs
I mentioned understanding at the very beginning.

You bitches argue over words when the meaning is not in the word, fucktards.

Actually, the understanding you gain is of yourself, and that shit almost always stays with you after you trip. For some people it’s even life changing, overwhelmingly for the better

I very commonly hear people making claims about reality appealing to psychedelic experiences. Whether this is life changing "for the better" is not the issue, the issue is whether or not it's true.

I can see what you're saying, but not everything experienced during a trip is deceptive. As many in this thread have mentioned, the "false" experience gave them conclusions that allowed them to solve real-world problems and insight into real-life situations.

Just because what you're experiencing isn't "true" that doesn't devalue it as an experience. Not saying you're saying that (although other replies that are following the outlines of your argument seem to be saying that) but I think its worth raising. If real life is unreliable, and people can find reliable answers/experiences from a substance, you could argue that those people think being sober is setting yourself up for self-deception. Again, its a perspective thing.

Out of interest, have you tried any psychedelics? Doesn't stop you from having an opinion on the matter if you haven't of course, but I think theres an aspect of tripping thats hard to put into words. Just wanna know if you've experienced that is all.

i want to try shrooms, but i have a weak stomach and an irrational fear of vomiting that could potentially fuck with my trip
i have minimal experience with other psychs
what do?

Why is its "truth" an issue?

no
turns out recent studies prove the brain fucking loves lsd
its puts a little lid over the receptors when it traps the molecule, it doesnt want to let it go

Non plussed. You actually reminded me I have some lol.

Honestly forgot!

I’m very suprised at the backlash on psychedelics. I thought people would be more informed before actually speaking their mind especially when there is so much to learn. Maybe b just isn’t ready for these talks...

>not everything experienced during a trip is deceptive
I'm not saying it is, but you have no means to determine whether it is deceptive or not. It's unreliable.
>Just because what you're experiencing isn't "true" that doesn't devalue it as an experience.
In the sense that reading a work of fiction can be a valuable experience, sure.
>people can find reliable answers/experiences from a substance
You aren't finding reliable answers/experiences though. You're finding answers/experiences that may or may not be correct.
>Out of interest, have you tried any psychedelics?
No, nor do I have any interest. I am aware that I can be deceived and will not intentionally test myself in that way.

i don't think they are "recreational" drugs in the conventional sense
every time i've eaten mushrooms or LSD/1-P LSD, i've had seriously intense introspective journeys that made me seriously evaluate who i think i am and what i want in my life, not really the pretty colors and whoa dude shit everyone makes it out to be.
if i want a drug to make everything feel magical and novel, i will take DXM or MXE, they don't mess with my head in anywhere near the same way

Do you not care about truth? Which is more important, what makes you feel good or what is true?

If you're fearing a specific aspect of a trip, then don't trip just yet. A minor anxiety is cool (Natural even), but if you're going in with that mindset then its a bad idea.

My recommendation is first to research tripping as a topic. Best practises, dosages etc, you'll see set and setting come up a lot - its a big cornerstone of tripping. Once you're versed in the subject, maybe look into acid, you won't be sick so thats a big worry out the way. Do that a couple of times so you can get used to the kind of things you'll experience. Shrooms are a bit different but still on the same level. Think Coke/MDMA, different effects but same kind of feeling. Anyways once you're used to tripping you can re-evaluate the shrooms situation.

You're literally describing a malfunction.

>nonplussed
why are you surprised and confused and unsure how to react?

Try them, in the city where I live they come naturally from cow dung, in the mountains and in the cold. It's magical Mexico

I don't do acid as much as I used to in my early 20s. It's too much commitment at my age (work long hours, and travel a lot). I do drop at least once a year. Shrooms at least twice. MDMA, 3-4 times. Beer every night.

some people are scared
these are the ones who will repeat over and over theres no such thing as -insert unknown-
as if they truly know, really theyre just afraid of the unknown

DUDE

nope, its a function, that all
but that all beside the point
when im flying through other dimensions gaining power and wisdom im not concerned about mundane things like whats going on in my brain

>when im flying through other dimensions gaining power and wisdom
Prove that you do any such thing.

Like what?

>I'm not saying it is, but you have no means to determine whether it is deceptive or not. It's unreliable.
In the moment of course not, but thats kind of some of the fun. After the fact you can evaluate the experience and sift through what you can take away from it. That could be something as meaningful as a deep revelation about yourself or as trivial as a cool visual effect. Its usually both to some level.

>In the sense that reading a work of fiction can be a valuable experience, sure.
I was gonna head towards this argument next, beat me to it user! This emphasises my above point, a really good video game is deceiving your senses but that doesn't make it any less valuable.

>You aren't finding reliable answers/experiences though. You're finding answers/experiences that may or may not be correct.
What makes them unreliable? And the decision of if they are "correct" or not is personal one. Its a subjective experience with subjective conclusions.

>No, nor do I have any interest. I am aware that I can be deceived and will not intentionally test myself in that way.
Fair enough user. Out of curiosity what kind of deception do think would be testing you? Opinion here - but its just drugs and once you manage to wrap your head around that while tripping (its not easy tbh) its a whole other ballgame of experience. Once you're in that drivers seat fully, its a wild ride worth having.

no i wont even if i could
why would i want to prove anything to a cynic?
when the student is ready then the teacher appears

I want to od but am neet with no social skills or friends, how to get drugs

I've had LSD twice before, the first time wasn't fun, which made me realize how much set and setting matter. The second time was probably one of my top 3 life experiences, which is why I want to branch out and try different psychedelics now. I've done research on some of the more """tame""" psychs, which is why I want to try shrooms. I don't think I'll be able to mentally handle something like DMT/DO(x)/2C(x) just yet.

I'll just stick to acid for now, then, at least until I'm comfortable with the general experience. I can't really judge psychs based on two experiences. Thanks.

My nigga

I wish he sold smaller amounts though, I don't have any use for 100 tabs right now

everything blooms into existance for a moment and then is gone
each moment is the only moment

I think psychedelics are one of the most influential things in my life at my current age. I think everybody who can handle and actually understand what is happening with their conscious should try psychedelics. But as Terrance McKenna said “psychedelics don’t work on stupid people”

>no i wont even if i could
Which I doubt you can.
>why would i want to prove anything to a cynic?
Skeptic, not cynic. Do you not want people to believe true things?
>when the student is ready then the teacher appears
When the teacher makes unreasonable demands, the student complains and has the teacher fired.

Psychedelics are amazing, I'm really really glad I took some.

I had a bad trip on some bad shit a few years ago and it messed me up for like 6 months, I'm completely fine with not taking any more.

But I'm so fucking glad I did

Completely dependant on situation. In some situations, mainly real world scenarios, the truth is more important than my desires. But in other situations, feeling good is more important than the truth. Take for example the willing suspension of disbelief - when I watch a dumb sci-fi movie I don't necessarily care how accurate it is, I just wanna see space ships blow up other space ships.

Extrapolate that to psychedelics and you'll hopefully see my point of view - the experience doesn't have to be complete truth to be worthwhile.

i think you should give me some

huh

> a really good video game is deceiving your senses but that doesn't make it any less valuable.
The difference being that, while playing a video game, you are fully aware that everything that is happening is fiction.
>What makes them unreliable?
Drawn from an altered perception of reality.
>the decision of if they are "correct" or not is personal one.
They either correspond with reality or they do not.
>Out of curiosity what kind of deception do think would be testing you?
There are any number of reports from people who take various psychedelics that I would classify as self-deception. Out of body experiences, contact with higher beings, etc.

Yeah most certainly have more than a 50/50 experience before branching out - I was the same when I started, wanting to try everything similar after that amazing trip. But since a major bad trip I've learned to take my time and just enjoy what I can enjoy at the moment - there will be a time when you know you're really ready for the next experience.

No problems man, I'm always happy to give my two cents on a situation. Hope your next trip is a good one to remember!

It looks like a couple of really biased guys that have their minds made up about something they’ve never experienced. Their loss

>The difference being that, while playing a video game, you are fully aware that everything that is happening is fiction.
True, but you be aware during a trip that its just drugs too.

>Drawn from an altered perception of reality.
Something can be a reliable answer just because its drawn from an altered sense of perception. Both deep meaning and trivial - for example look at one of those black and white gifs for around 20 seconds and look around your room. Was that cool? Was it shitty? Both conclusions are still true, but the perceived events weren't "real" according to your brain's status quo.

>They either correspond with reality or they do not.
From a raw statistical point of view, some untruths/deceptive experiences will happen to correspond with reality in some way. Its completely subjective.

>There are any number of reports from people who take various psychedelics that I would classify as self-deception. Out of body experiences, contact with higher beings, etc.
This is where it gets muddy. Some of these experiences are based on "truths" that the person already held, and therefore in their context still hold as reliable experiences (even if its based on a prior delusion/opinion). I don't want to get into that side of things because its TOO subjective (chocolate teapot thought experiment), but if you already hold opinions to the contrary then surely being tested would be worthwhile? After the experience you can sift through what happens and determine what you want to take away from it. Of course you're free to make your own choices, but I think a low dose psychedelic might open your mind on this particular topic, and maybe open you up to other possibilities too.

Hey now I'm all for defending psychs, I don't agree with these naysayers either, but;

>True, but you be aware during a trip that its just drugs too

That's not entirely true, you can absolutely trip hard enough to forget why you even exist, let alone that you are a human being on drugs

If they're taking the time to respond and discuss their viewpoints without being derogatory then its fair game user - they're clearly interested enough to debate about it so its up to us to also be open minded to their viewpoints too. If you stick to the "lol but drugs though" argument and dismiss anything to a contrary as bias you're really no better than what you claim to be against. Not saying you specifically are being like that but I'm just saying if you live in a circle jerk of opinions you'll never truly grow, and I'm not sure about you but personal growth is WHY I'm into psychedelics.

if you write down a number between 1and 100 ill use my psychic wisdom to tell you what it is

At higher doses most certainly, we've all been there at some point once you've had enough trips. I'm just saying other things can be immersive enough to be in a flow-state and you can break out of it, the same is true for drugs. Not always, not even consistently throughout a trip, but the sense of reality always comes back. Are you changed somewhat by the experience? Sure, but the "real world" is still there once you come back down. And the change is more inward revelation than outward perception changes (Unless you took 17 tabs in 3 days or some shit).

Even if you got it right, it shows nothing.

>gammagoblin
how to buy from

I've done lots of RCs and eventually i think i just got tired, the image of myself i had changed and i stopped using almost everything except for drinking and smoking weed. I think this was the wrong thing to do in light of how lethargic i've become. I wan't to get away from the RCs and just get some good acid and shrooms and reset on my psych experiences. salvia was trippy and odd as shit. would do again but no rush. given the right night.

Well I get what you mean if you're talking about say watching a film that you're super into, you forget everything else that's going on and you just wish it lasted forever.

But if someone knocked on the door whilst you were watching, you'd immediately pay attention, recognise another person is at your door, and go see.

If someone knocked on your door during an out of this world trip, you'd probably think a powerful entity was pulsing energy through your universe.

Luckily I've never had anyone knock on my door during a trip lol

>True, but you be aware during a trip that its just drugs too.
This does not always seem to be the case given that people seem to believe these experiences actually happen much more frequently than they believe that Mario is a real entity jumping on mushrooms.
>Something can be a reliable answer just because its drawn from an altered sense of perception
Something can be a correct answer even though it was drawn from an altered sense of perception. Correct does not equal reliable.
>some untruths/deceptive experiences will happen to correspond with reality in some way
If they correspond with reality, then they are actually true.
>Its completely subjective.
That would actually be objective.
>if you already hold opinions to the contrary then surely being tested would be worthwhile?
Why?
> I think a low dose psychedelic might open your mind on this particular topic, and maybe open you up to other possibilities too.
To let you know where I'm coming from, this is analogous to asking me to go on a retreat with a group that I know to be a cult in order to test myself / open my mind.

Reddit has a guide for pretty much every step of the buying process. GG's website is pretty easy to find too, you could probably just search the name and it will show up

I think anyone who takes them or unnecessary drugs are weak and should be neutered.

>Out of interest, have you tried any psychedelics?
No, nor do I have any interest. I am aware that I can be deceived and will not intentionally test myself in that way.
I get where you’re coming from but that statement sounds like their mind is pretty made up

What is a necessary drug?

Yeah I can see what you mean - in the moment psychedelics can be deceptive but thats kinda the whole point really. I think it just depends on experience and dosages (mainly dosages) - a large dose you're out for the trip and probably the week or two following (to a lesser extent of course). But a small dose you'll have a lot more control over your thoughts going in.

Not him, but one prescribed by a medical professional.

Man gotta love that afterglow the day after

pyschiatric drugs are godawful, they only want to make money
nature has all the drugs anyone needs

Again with your false equivalence analogies. There is no cult. Micro dose by yourself and test these positions that you seem to be so sure of. It seems more like you’re afraid it might prove you wrong. I mean incorrect since you seem to be really hung up on that.

Anything not doctor prescribed.

I'm not saying it's a cult. I'm saying that it's analogous. You are asking me to put myself in a situation that I know could cause unjustified beliefs. I'm not willing to do that.
>It seems more like you’re afraid it might prove you wrong.
Nothing I could possibly experience would prove me wrong. The danger is that I might believe that it did prove me wrong, that I would deceive myself.

First time I tripped I think I underestimated just how long I would be gone for.

>get back from club and go to friends house
>we all take a tab
>have a great time tripping out into the early hours of the morning
>don't sleep at all
>time to leave
>get taxi to train station
>feel kinda out of it in the back of the taxi
>pull out my ID and look at it
>all of the little patterns on it are still swirling
>oh shit
>kinda freaking out now
>hop out of taxi at train station and head into a mcdonalds to get some change
>the mcdonalds is packed and i'm sweating PROFUSELY
>pretty sure everyone knows i'm still on acid
>mfw
>cashier calls me over a few times before i realize she's speaking to me
>looking at the menu trying to order but all of the words are just slightly floating around
>literally dripping with sweat at this point
>order a coke and hightail it out of there
>pop my earphones in so i can listen to some music while i'm on the train
>throughout my music i can still hear my friends laughing and talking
>every time the train stops on the way home i can see the grass breathing and flowing like there are waves under it
>as soon as i get home dad asks "on drugs son?"
>mfw again
>immediately run upstairs and hide in bed until i pass out

Being along out in public spooked me real good but i can't wait to try it again. One of my all time favorite experiences.

>This does not always seem to be the case given that people seem to believe these experiences actually happen much more frequently than they believe that Mario is a real entity jumping on mushrooms.
I explained it here a little - these delusions seem to happen more in higher doses. In smaller dosages you can be a lot more aware of reality but still immersing yourself in an experience.

>Something can be a correct answer even though it was drawn from an altered sense of perception. Correct does not equal reliable.
Hold that thought

>If they correspond with reality, then they are actually true.
But they are unreliably drawn? Do you see the contradiction here? Lets say I trip balls and experience something that I feel has relevance to my life and I decide to apply the lessons from it, and draw success from that application. I drew it unreliably, but it corresponded with reality by blind chance (or in this case, some educated guesses). In this case my unreal experience had a real application. The vice versa is also true of course, but this is what I meant by subjectivity.

>Why?
You believe it to be 100% true that psychedelics are deceptive. But unlike the chocolate teapot there is a surefire way to actually TEST this theory and come away with a conclusive answer. Currently, you're basing your reasoning on second hand anecdotal evidence. That doesn't necessarily devalue your opinion on the matter, but it does mean you're basing truth on an unsolid, or deceptive if you will, basis.

>To let you know where I'm coming from, this is analogous to asking me to go on a retreat with a group that I know to be a cult in order to test myself / open my mind.
I can see your point, even though personally I don't think you're seeing the bigger picture you laid out. If you value truth, then surely you should do everything within your power to test it. I won't try to convince you further on the matter of trying it as your mind seems to be made up.

Just because their mind is made up on TRYING the substances doesn't mean you can't try to see their point of view as to why that is the case or reason with them about aspects of the experience. They clearly also want to see that side of it otherwise they'd just stop replying and close the thread. We're all wired differently and thats the beauty of it - there is no right or wrong answer to these questions/debates.