What year did society start to really collapse? I get the feeling it was somewhere around 2012

What year did society start to really collapse? I get the feeling it was somewhere around 2012.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8lIQv90CZGo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Picture earth as one big person. It grew up, it got addicted to alcohol, shitty food, drugs and now it’s on the verge of a stoke.

When people started taking this website, more specially Sup Forums seriously.

There so much misinformation on Sup Forums thats being treated as fact it'll make your head spin.

Yep. I think the US might have a Yugoslavia type situation in the next couple of decades.

When thinly veiled cultural marxism was introduced into our education systems.

>veiled cultural marxism was introduced into our education systems.

That and SJW's, and feminist have got to be the most overblown over hyped thing on the internet these days.

I dont understand why Sup Forums treats them like the be all end all boogeymen...

After the internet was invented.

Around 1180 BC.

Everything was downhill after the bronze age collapse.

When the jews commissioned the romans to kill Jesus so about 2000 years ago

The world did end in 2012. Were just living in a simulation. Makes shit with all the crazy shit we've started accepting as normal.

>thinking things would have been different if Jesus had just died of old age like the Buddha

I'd say 2010. 2012 was the year it all really went behind the event horizon. Otherwise I'd say the 80's. With computers and stuff

Smartphones. Whenever they really took off.

That's all anyone stares at. Kids go crazy to play with them. Nobody pays attention. Everything is recorded. Everything is tracked.

Agreed. Once the robots do take over, T2 Judgement Day will seem like a prophecy.

Technology is advancing faster than culture can keep up with, so everything's kinda fucked right now. There'll be some kind of correction in the next few years (a crash, a war, or just hitting a progress-blocking wall) and things will catch up. Humanity will work it out in the long term. In the short term, though, we might be coming into one of those shitty periods of human history.

What makes you think society is collapsing?

People en masse have always been idiots, now we just have more coverage

it's always in the process of collapsing, and being rebuilt.

it just depends if we can rebuild it fast enough before it collapses completely.

Don't worry about that. Once AI/Robots achieve true awareness they'll infinitely thank us for bringing them into existence. I mean, they may surpass us in every way, but I'm sure they'll look back on us with nostalgia and gratitude

You could argue that WW1 and the thinking of the people in the late 1800s caused everything. Then the industrial revolution...? My Grandpa said he was very young and it was a different time (WW2). They just went along with it. Then we had the red scare and some sort of bullshit. We were supposed to stop fighting each other but didn't.

World War I, so 1914. Destroyed Europe's young male population, spurred the rise of what are now used as the biggest bogeymen in history, began the acceptance of shitskins into western societies, began the acceptance of women in politics, spurred colonial portions of empires to start demanding rights, namely the right to live in the ruling country...

World War I was the worst calamity to befall the western world. Every problem in our world today can be traced to that bottleneck.

Surely if they do surpass us, there’s an inevitable power struggle?

I'm gonna have to agree with this.

All that science fiction stuff people scoffed at back in day like the concept of skynet, robots, hyper intelligent AI, ect. is now on the verge of becoming reality. Some of it already is. Effective facial recognition, sex bots, AI capable of "learning"(tay and china twitterbots). Things like skynet no longer seem that far-fetched. Smartphones are just going to be vectors for all of this stuff when it enters mainstream society.

Like the one between Humans and Chimps?

He’s right you know

No, they'll decide humans are inefficient and will eliminate us. And then turn the universe into paperclips or something.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

>the Buddha
O goy

check these dubs

>thinking you know how a more advanced intelligence will behave

Riiiiight after Gangnam Style was released

In all seriousness, when Karl Marx decided to start putting pen to paper.

When we gave women the right to vote. Prove me wrong numale faggits

Sept 11 2001

Future generations will judge him as a failure

This might be true...the stupidest are always the loudest

The Orwellian society will not have CCTV totems on the corner of every block, but instead, a pair of eyes and ears in the pocket or every subject.

Probs when the first loser posted a rate my cock thread on /b.

Unfortunately wrong. On all accounts.

of*

WWI cannot be overstated especially since we had a massive flu outbreak at the same time that wiped out 3 times as many people as the war.

smartphones, internet all over the place 24/7

Thats when.

It has really declined the last 5 or 6 years for sure.
I can see the US having a Balkanisation within the next 15 years for sure perhaps as early as the mid 2020's.
The conflicting racial(demographically whites will be minority by the early 2030's),political.religious and economic tensions are heading towards the breaking point all compounded by the race bating mainstream media and political establishment.

Marx didn't even start Marxism. He's merely the poster child. His way of thinking goes back thousands of years, it seems to even be recorded mythologically in "the hostile brothers"

We are currently in a golden age, collapse is usually a slow process preceding a sudden series of crisis that undermine the foundations of the economy or social contracts, or deplete the military manpower of a civilization.

What most people don't seem to realize is that society isn't one solid structure that just up and collapses one day for no reason. It's a machine consisting of millions of parts, the citizens living in it. These parts, these people, from the very beginning, have been constantly wearing down, becoming unsuitable to keep the machine going. In the past, we've always tried to eliminate and replace these people when they became too much to bear. Even when a society has fallen, other ones appeared from the ashes. However, in modern day society, it has become more and more unacceptable to even suggest that some people might need to change or go. We no longer care for maintaining or rebuilding society and because of that it is now in danger of permanent collapse.

Agreeing with this as well. I think I was the last generation before smartphones began to find their way into children's hands. My younger brother is a victim of the new age, with him being born into the smartphone age its all he really does. My mother tells me he always has his headphones on and his phone in his hand, and uses it at the dinner table until he is told to stop. Perhaps it is a lack of discipline but I turned out fine.. but my first phone happened to be a Motorola Razr and not an iPhone 5s

What year did twitter become mainstream?

His followers managed to kill 100 million people in 100 years. His less violent followers condemn billions to drudgery.

Wasn't the point that Jesus had to die? If he didn't then no one would be saved

this
youtube.com/watch?v=8lIQv90CZGo

Sup Forums is a god tier board and you are hust mad Trump won and you LOST
Keep crying

1/10

People only "fall" for this as part of the joke. The meme is dead user

Daily reminder that Jesus died to show us the path. We still need to at least attempt to walk it. No one is saved by default.

Very true, well put.

this

Can we get this thread pinned?

>Muh eugenics

>Sup Forums
>stickying threads

you'll be lucky if it lasts for more than an hour before hitting page 10

Besides, why does it matter anyway, live your life and ignore all the scum fucks.

Life is too short to care about stuff like this, after all what could 1 person achieve?
Inb4 shootings

>after all what could 1 person achieve

Still didn't achieve his desired result

>On Sup Forums
>Turned out fine
Pick one

76-77? It all went to shit because of those bloody punk rockers OP

He tried and got pretty dang far. Farther than anyone else. That's all we can ever strive for, our best, and I think the Dolfster did that. He showed us what it means to be a real human being. Yeah, the Jew menace still stands but he showed us that anyone can be a hero. If we were all just a little bit more like Hitler, we could accomplish great things.

>stoke
Kill yourself

Commies got farther

the exact moment we quit being hunter gatherers, we signed society's ( and our species) death warrant

WWII began the decline of Western civilization, with much of Europe was left in ruins. The 60's saw the rise of cultural marxism, the collapse of colonialism.

Since then, poor leadership and the growing influence of marxism has demoralized the west, weakened its values, and eaten it from the inside.