How come i enjoy and find more pleasure in listening to Pop music than Classical music?

How come i enjoy and find more pleasure in listening to Pop music than Classical music?
I though Classical was suppose to be THE best? Then how come i keep coming back to Pet Sounds instead of Art of Fugue?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A9iJxACtPrw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you grew up listening to classical you would think pop was less enjoyable

Pet sounds is baroque pop its basically modernist classical music

Also anyone who's on this thread if they could suggest more baroque pop albums I would appreciate it greatly

pet sounds is the 20th century equivalent to classical music

>you say this thing is the best, huh? then why do I not like it?

Because your ears are listening to different things and havent developed the habit of finding musical pleasure in the practices of classical beauty, this is what call taste in short
this leads me to think that OP isn't listening to Pet Sounds the right way (dare I say). pet sounds is full of contrapuntal practice and melodic color and those are the foundations of classical music
I personally don't love classical a lot but I did develop an ear for jazz after listening to beach boys

Bee Gees - Cucumber Castle
not exactly Baroque Pop but similar sensibilities

I agree from almost the get go Pet Sounds sounds incredibly classical
The harmonies that the Beach Boys achieve with their voices sound like it is straight out of a symphony

Dip in the Pool - Retinae

Pet sounds is one of the few equivalents of modern 20th century classical music, get a good pressing of it and some headphones and really listen to the intricate arrangements and the vocal layering, it's beauty is that it presents at first glance as a great pop album but deeper subsequent listens unravel it's complex nuanced grace

Teenagers think Pet Sounds is some kind of experimental emotional masterpiece when really it's just The Beatles 2 Faggotronic Boogaloo

I'm 28 years old, I'm probably older than the majority of people on Sup Forums. I've studied music theory in college for five years. I play more than five instruments including guitar and violin. I'm part if a rock duo and I perform monthly at various places. We've been working on an album since 2014. I think I know what I'm talking about.

To all you Pet Sounds fags, how much music theory do you know? What instruments do you play? I'm guessing none.

because its catchy

You don't know what you're talking about

>studied music theory
>in college
>for five years
>working on ONE album for 3 years

This fucking failure is either lying or has wasted a huge amount of money and time, and have you accomplished anything with nearly as much acclaim as pet sounds? Contrarians are so pathetic they hardly deserve a response.

is this some sort of copy pasta? you're a music student therefore your opinion is 100% correct? not how it works champ! opinions do exist!

bait

This. Pop music often sounds boring, formulaic and repetitive to classicalfriends.

>studied music theory for five years
>in a rock duo
catch a hint fag

youtube.com/watch?v=A9iJxACtPrw

Basically all of this is Baroque Pop

>We've been working on an album since 2014. I think I know what I'm talking about.
Why would anyone take the word of a faggot who takes 3 years to write one fucking independant album who boasts that he knows "music theory" and yet can't put out shit at a reasonable time? Your not making a fucking video game nigger.
Also I play guitar, drums, sax and double bass and I think Pet Sounds is a great pop album but sadly contrarians like you can't be bothered to fuck off when you see people who like shit you don't.
My music theory is lacking but I bet I could write better shit then you can.

I honestly wonder what kind of theoretical concept he is trying to say pet sounds lacks considering he is in a rock band

Bait or not this hurts to read.

>all these newfags falling for this ancient pasta

ohhhh boyyyy i know you're just trolling but son you really have my jimmies rustled rn