Trump is ceding America's trade edges, one nation after another

Trump is ceding America's trade edges, one nation after another.

The Trans-Pacific Partnership rolls on ahead.
The EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement was formed.

How long will it be before a new NAFTA is signed between Canada and Mexico, completely cutting the US out of the loop?

Trump, you can't negotiate jackshit if the other nations just set the table on fire. Nobody talks to crazy.

TPP wut? Killing that (or trying to) was like the only really great thing he's done.

>US completely out of NAFTA
That would be the best thing that's happened in decades.

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink
He sings the songs that remind him of the good times
He sings the songs that remind him of the best times
(Oh Danny Boy, Danny Boy, Danny Boy)
I get knocked down, but I get up again
You are never gonna keep me down
He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink
He sings the songs that remind him of the good times
He sings the songs that remind him of the best times
(Don't cry for me, next door neighbour)
I get knocked down, (we'll be singing)
but I get up again
You are never gonna keep me down (when we're winning)
but I get up again
You are never gonna keep me down (ooh)
but I get up again
but I get up again
But I get up again (pissing the night away)

Low info voter alert. TPP provisions have been snuck into unrelated bills that flew under the radar. It's a fake win

fucking moron. trade=jobs. When you end trade, you fucking cut your own economic nuts off.

Shut the fuck and lurk more.

Conservative fag here but I agree on this, that would be a very retarded move tbh

Not when you're talking about outsourcing jobs and fucking developing countries in the name of "trade." The economic fallout from NAFTA has proved it opponents right beyond all doubt.

My least favorite thing about the 2016 election was that neither of the main candidates were in favor of free trade agreements. how fucking retarded are people in this country i swear to fucking god....

the man is pretty stupid

You can't keep telling this lie after we all watched NAFTA annihilate domestic industry. It's not theory. We were there.

same.

>The economic fallout from NAFTA
????

>neither of the main candidates were in favor of free trade agreements
LOL. Do you really believe establishment Dems gave up on the TPP? They backed off because they knew it wasn't politically viable. Had Clinton won, they would have been full steam ahead.

The united states economy is doing great, wtf are you talking about

government could have anticipated the effects of nafta and done something positive, it was stupid to allow the agreement to gut certain industries and areas when we could have collectively taken the profits from increased trade and invested it wisely into those affected areas. but on the other hand americans are allergic to doing anything except letting the market decide stuff.

Yes, foreign countries buying OUR shit is jobs.

Buying their shit is economic decline.

>we could have collectively taken the profits from increased trade and invested it wisely into those affected areas
how does that work? Do you only tax the businesses that directly benefit from free trade, or do you just raise taxes on everyone? How do you "invest wisely into an affected area"?
Like say I gave you a few billion dollars and told you to fix west virginia. What do you do?

so the rich get richer and the middle class disappears. got it

>Thinking the stock market reflects the working class standard of living.
1980 called, they want their economic smoke and mirrors back.

nothing's stopping the middle class from investing in the stock market. Stop putting shit on credit cards, renting furniture, and going on vacations you can't afford and buy some index funds instead.
An income of $35,000 puts you in the world's top 1% of income earners. The average american household earns over $50,000. middle class Americans who complain about not having enough are retarded.

this

My main point is not that I have the exact answers, but that deciding we could do those kinds of things opens up a lot of possibilities. There will probably be losses due to corruption, but the benefits of deliberately targeting areas before industry collapses could outweigh the losses.

The US effectively subsidized a lot of manufacturing after wwii by selling off government built factories that were used during the war cheaper than cost. It's part of what boosted american manufacturing after the war, that at the rest of the world being destroyed. So not a perfect example, but still, interesting possibilities.

Odd... I work for a Canadian company, that produces automotive parts and systems, with locations all over the world. If NAFTA where to go away they would be forced to close their factories in the US. Forcing people like me put of a job. I'm sure NAFTA cost some Americans jobs when enacted, but i believe that the trade and investment in America by foreign companys offset those losses.

this is completely out of touch with reality. Half of Americans don't have $500 to invest. They live paycheck to paycheck.

Encouraging the middle class to invest in the stock market is a ploy to get them to tie their wealth to that of the super rich. Then the middle class will defend shit policy that boosts the stock market.
Falling for this trick makes you part of the problem.

mexicunt fag here. even the wetest of our wetbacks can get $500 USD in a single week by simply begging on the streets. it's hard to believe americunts can't or don't have the same or more amount in less time or equivalent

I feel like that proves my point. America is the richest country of our size in the world. We have more opportunities to make money here than anywhere else. We have the best universities in the world, we have a stable government, we have access to the largest and most diverse economy in the world, we have the highest paying jobs in the world.

And yet, despite all of this wealth, Americans are so incompetent with finance that there's hundreds of millions of people in this country who can't even come up with a few hundred bucks. That's pathetic. People need to be more responsible with their money and stop buying stupid shit.

>shit policy that boosts the stock market

The sale of stock should be totally outlawed. All corporations should be forced to reorganize as non profits. Anyone who has as problem with it should be shot.

So let me get this straight...
You want open trade boarders.
Trade requires MASSIVE transportation costs.
Mad about Paris agreement exit.
>I don't think you have thought this through...

>trade=jobs
no.... no it doesn't.
Labor markets adjust to trade liberalization. Means the poor work for less of a wage and living standards go down for the poor. This is trickle-down economics in disguise so liberals can feel better.

Decker, you destroyed the Constellation. kys.

>sale of stock should be totally outlawed
You realize that currency itself is technically "stock"...