ITT

Sup Forums in 1980

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9bTWF7eirJw
youtube.com/watch?v=EwzXop5kLxE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

only 11 more years until music starts not sucking ass

Wait until this falls off the board before making a new thread. Thank you.

man there's only disco shit on the radio

i'm digging that new squeeze track
youtu.be/9bTWF7eirJw

YO MAAAANE, I GOT A GOOLD CHAAAIN

AOTY

does anyone know if john lennon has bodyguards or anything?
asking for a friend

This new John Lennon album ain't half bad, you can tell he's just warming up too, next one could be great

What the fuck is his problem?

Peter Gabriel III is the best album ever

I just love how they keep getting more complex. By the time he gets to his fifth album, it'll be so experimental it'll make Remain in Light look like '77.

Can't believe it's already been 70 years since music started.

The Clash are finished!
I thoroughly enjoyed them and punk rock in general until I heard London Calling. If this is the direction punk is going, I'm going to get a proper haircut, a suit, and get a regular job. Punk is dead, and The Clash put the final nail in the coffin!

Did you guys listen to that new Black Flag EP? That hardcore punk stuff isn't half bad.

Not so fast, my friend.
I have the feeling punk isn't dead. It's just taking a nap, and this band is going to wake it up very rudely.

You might've gotten dubs, but 1974 was soooo six years ago!

What Black Flag did with an e.p. The Bad Brains achieved with one song. Shame the B-side sucks, though, but man, that Pay to Cum is a steamroller out of control. Black Flag only wish they could play that fast and furious.

No kiddin? Man, I gotta check that out!

Any of you guys here this yet?
The vocals are annoying as fuck, but if Reagan gets elected, this might become an important album!

Nah dude, I'll need to look into that record. I'm just getting turned onto this punk rock stuff. I listened to the ramone's first album, can anyone recommend other stuff like that?

The Ramones are finished.
Don't get me wrong. I love them, but Tommy left. Marky is good, and Road to Ruin was actually a good album, but this End of The Century album is awful. You'd think that with Phil Spector's track record, it would be great, but it's just terrible. I think it's the end of the line for them. Oh, well. It was fun while it lasted, I guess.

To answer your question, though, you might try The Dickies from southern California. They're sort of like The Ramones, but with keyboards, but the singer is almost as annoying as the guy who sings for The Dead Kennedys. Other than that, you might like them.

Man, that Elvis Costello sure can play.
I've been a fan since his first album, and even though he'll never top This Year's Model, his new album Get Happy is great! Still has that great Farfisa keyboard sound, and the music is very upbeat. Plus all the songs are a minute long, and there are twenty of them on the whole album! There's no stopping him now!

JOHN LENNON WILL DIE BEFORE CHRISTMAS
SCREEN CAP THIS

>mfw King Crimson hasn't released a single album for 6 years
Progfags BTFO. Admit it, you faggots are done. They're never releasing anything again.

Anyone keeping an eye on the underground scene recently? There's this whole new world of synth driven punk inspired music popping up. I think they call it synthwave? I really hope this genre blows up I really like it.

Is disco over yet? I think "Funkytown" was genre's last hit

>implying the beatles won't reunite.

bitch thinks she's political now

she's a one-hit wonder teen star, don't pay so much attention to her, she'll never release anything worthwhile

check out this sweet new band Joy Division, singer just killedhimself

soon

can't wait for p̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶f̶l̶o̶y̶d̶'̶s̶ roger waters and backing band's next album

dubs confirm
RIP jan lemon

I wonder what 80s fashion will be
will it return to pre-60s styles? or just futuristic exploitation?

I can't get enough 2-tone. Specials US tour when? this feels like the future

They're coming soon.
In fact, I heard they're scheduled to be on Saturday Night Live. I just hope they don't play bars or night clubs so the real fans can't get in.

Guys i think he is being serious, will he be fine??

Nice bait fag

A kid handed me a cassette tape with this shit on it, it's cool but synths are just too gimmicky for me, they'd basically been worn out by the end of the 60s

This is pretty good, wonder what they'll do next.

trust me, guitar music will disappear in a decade
the computer is the future

holy shit

This guy seems to be getting better with every album, I hope he sticks with this direction, he's found his own niche.

my uncle al has one of those computer things, all it can make is silly bleep sounds

The B side always sucks

fire their frontman and invite an opera singer, lmao
just kidding

I have a cool afro, I like Donna Summer and snorting cocaine, how about you girls ?

Do you like my computer user? should i use it to make my next albums as well...

the next real thing will be being bald, wearing military clothes and using computers

Okay just what the FUCK is this? Is this that devil music I keep hearing about? Should we try to get this banned? I mean to don't want to be a puritan or anything but this satanic music just feels fucking evil.

Just heard Ceremony and Love Will Tear Us Apart, LP3 is going to blow everything out of the water. The world is this mans oyster.

Has anyone heard about this new band called U2? Their debut is pretty good

AOTY.

What does Zenyatta Mondatta mean?

Save the Women and Children First!

youtube.com/watch?v=EwzXop5kLxE

Dunno what happened to you Yanks, but your music scene is tosh now.

>Van Halen
>REO Speedwagon
>Foreigner
>Eagles
Just dumb rubbish about partying and shagging slags.

Dunno what happened to you Yanks, but your music scene is tosh now.

>Van Halen
>REO Speedwagon
>Foreigner
>Eagles
Just dumb rubbish about partying and shagging slags. Springsteen is the only 'Merican now who actually has something to say.

queen is good and all, but i'm pretty sure the lead is gay

HOLY FUCK, WHAT HAPPENED TO AEROSMITH?

One member of Foreigner is British, so you're at least partially to blame.

Next you'll be saying the lead singer of Judas Priest is gay.

And I thought Bon Scott's death meant we were rid of AC/DC.

Welp...

same.
get fucked gilmour

you guys hear what the geeks down in california are doing? i hear they're using those giant electronic machines to make "music". i don't think it'll have a future, it's just beeps and buzzes

>meal
Caveman music. We sophisticates listen to the Police and Devo.

Morrissey definitely posts here

THERES A FLY IN THE OINTMENT!

YOU MAY BE RIGHT
I MAY BE CRAZY

"It was the start of that turbulent decade known as the '80s. The rise of Supertramp, the candidacy of John Anderson. It was an exciting time to be young."

And Bob Dylan's totally all in with the Jesus crowd now.

zen
kenyatta - leader of an african country
mond - french for world
atta - gibberish

basically, they have wanderlust. AOTY tho

I AM JERRY BROWN
CARTER POWER WILL SOON FADE
WOO HOO OOH OOH OOH

Darn, I was kind of enjoying it back three years ago when the Stones were irrelevant and washed up.

>those ghastly Bee Gees imitation vocals on the title track

Emotional Rescue [Rolling Stones, 1980]

No one will ever mistake this for a great Stones album, but I bet it sounds more interesting than It's Only Rock 'n Roll should we take the time to compare and contrast in our respective retirement communities. The mid-'60s charm of such tossed-off tropes as "Where the Boys Go" and "She's So Cold" goes with music that's far more allusive and irregular and knowing: for better and worse its drive isn't so monolithic, and the bass comes front and center like Bill was James Jamerson. Looser than you'll ever be. B+

I come from a year in the future. You'll never be ready for this shit, man. Paul goes full Halford on some of this shit. Can't wait to hear him on their third LP
Pic related

GET DOWN TO
FUNKY TOWN
FUNKY TOWWWWNNNN

>Christgau drew angry reactions from Village Voice readers after a column he wrote following the murder of John Lennon on December 8, 1980, in which he quoted his wife Carola Dibbell saying "Why does it have to be Bobby Kennedy and John Lennon? Why not Richard Nixon and Paul McCartney?"

fellas i suddenly feel the need to sleep in a coffin

Well this was a letdown. I wasted $7 on this thing.

Especially in this economy.

At least KISS have finally died off, thank God.

Not for long!

AC/DC isn't an American band and most of its members were born in the UK. Check. Mate.

God damn, these Japs really know how to rock!

Man in a Suitcase a real banger

Disco's been dead for almost a year now. Except that faggot Michael Jackson is still somehow on the radio.

Nah, don't worry about it; metal is dead

11th hour im going back outside...give it try...I know last loose end.

what's metal?

Try harder. Black sabbath started in 69 ffs

Joe Jackson or Elvis, Sup Forums? can't decide

Elvis left the building three years ago, dude.

Oh boy! I just accepted a job at the World Trade Center! Can't wait for my first day on September 11th 2001. Hopefully nothing bad happens on that day!

this guy slaps your girlfriend's ass in the disco. what do you do
>also your ass

>thinking i mean fat dead Elvis
what fucking decade are you living in m8

Ask him what did the five fingers say to the face

Who the fuck needs Ozzy??

21 years from now?

Why does he keep making albums, he'll have been a blip on the radar who no one remembers in like 30 years