Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ImDAD5zN4j8
youtu.be/Ps2Jc28tQrw
youtu.be/xk8mm1Qmt-Y
youtu.be/18N2k1TBBRE
youtu.be/09ZSKE38lTU
youtube.com/watch?v=znjGqqKbTcw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Woop Woop! I'd honestly go hang out with juggalos if I didn't think Faygo was disgusting

"Guilty pleasures" don't exist for people who aren't insecure about their tastes. Stop being so pathetic and form actual opinions about the music you listen to.

alright my dude keep playing your 3DS in public since that's the same attitude

guilty pleasures = things you like that other's don't
Its just an easier way to type it friendo

I don't play video games, so...

Instead of asserting "things I like are good because I like them, everyone else is wrong" you guys use a shorthand to signal that there's something wrong with liking things others don't. I'd rather see an "unpopular opinions" thread than a bunch of people posting their genuine tastes (probably the only time they do it) behind a shield wall of "guilty pleasure."

To be honest I'm not insecure at all, but I know the emo indie post prog folk crowd here on Sup Forums don't like it when people post upbeat or fun albums so if they call it a guilty pleasure I post in here to let them know that it's ok, we all like fun, silly albums.

Plenty of people do this and no one gives a shit. Not sure what your point is

youtube.com/watch?v=ImDAD5zN4j8

>i never experience insecurity or uncertainty and am completely confident in my opinions on inherently subjective, qualitative media

this is the mark of someone who does not reflect, does not perform serious inquiry, and who built a cabin on "mount stupid" in the dunning-kruger cruve

curve*

You said it yourself. It's subjective. So why should I give a shit if anyone else shares my taste? I know what I like, I don't need anyone else to tell me that.

It's interesting how you parrot the statement that music quality is subjective and then fall flat on your face in extrapolating that this subjectivity would lead someone to be the absolute authority on music they enjoy because they are the only one capable of ascribing quality to a piece for their self.

It's almost like you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Wow!

>he thinks that the end game of subjectivity is two ships passing in the night

lol

Try again later, kid.

Handbag House

youtu.be/Ps2Jc28tQrw
youtu.be/xk8mm1Qmt-Y
youtu.be/18N2k1TBBRE

because you can learn from other people, your taste can change through exposure to theirs. even if it doesn't all the time, or even most of the time.

you did not arrive at your taste alone. people helped you along the way. from your family to radio DJS who played the music you heard in cars growing up, to some dude from high school who showed you a band, etc. of course, you arrive at or construct your own opinion about everything to which you're exposed--but your ability to formulate that opinion is colored by what you've been exposed to by others.

have the fucking ability to step back and realize that you did not become who you are or come to believe what you believe in a vacuum.

Oh sweetie, please, this is embarrassing. You're referring to the formation of preference (cognitive development re: environment / nurture). What you're saying still doesn't preclude the concept of subjectivity allowing for the end-user to be the final authority on quality from their own perspective, it merely acknowledges how the preferences which support that judgement have come to be.

You should really wrap up those 100 level classes _before_ you start posting about their content- it would go better for you !

autism

dude you're literally missing the point

"people who aren't pathetic insecure weaklings like me have autism"
-user, 2017

No, I guarantee that I'm not. Next you'll start dropping references to Death of the Author and The Social Construction of Reality because "subjectivity means quality isn't personally derived but a social construct made up of the aggregate opinion of people within a community maaan."

Just stop posting.

"So why should I give a shit?"

"your taste can change through exposure to theirs [that's why you should give a shit]."

>yes outside factors affect taste, but the individual has the final call

does not actually clash with the idea presented in

Who are you trying to impress?

not muh friendo

>I don't care what anyone else thinks. I'm strong and confident.
>trips on Sup Forums
>obsessively defends his opinions

But wait user (oh wait you're actually not user), I thought you didn't afraid of anything

youtu.be/09ZSKE38lTU

the only worse tripfag is unty

>Why should I care if someone shares my taste
In the context of a post posturing that having confidence in your own view of a subjective value assessment (which only you as the end user can subscribe by virtue of appreciation in the first place) is somehow related to a phenomenon wherein people believe themselves more gifted than they actually are (it's not unless you literally consider having opinions as inappropriate [lmao]).

Preference changing over time is literally not relevant to the discussion- you're the one _experiencing_ the sensation of your reaction, so you're the one who _posits_ that "this is good" because "good" among any troupe of adults is mutually understood to mean "good to me." That's all that needs to be done. Circling back to the original point, it's more appropriate to acknowledge when this is *unpopular* rather than call it a "guilty pleasure" and signal that your reaction is somehow incorrect for not being congruent with the reaction of others.

>typing words on an internet forum
>WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO IMPRESS?
. . .

What good is a stance if it cannot hold up to scrutiny / adapt for purity of essence ?

Time to add a new filter

Enjoying your first week on Sup Forums ?

your entire premise is presupposed on the idea that you can only feel guilt about things which you believe to be incorrect.

this treats the emotion of guilt as some sort of mechanical output that one's brain or consciousness will only produce if the input is incorrect. this is basically a gross oversimplification of how guilt, or any emotion, works. for as many times as you can find some sort of rational explanation for an emotion, such as guilt, there will be instances of the emotion occurring outside of the rationale.

people can and do feel guilty about things they do not even truly believe to be wrong or incorrect.

by the braggadocious, posturing tone of your previous posts, you would likely be inclined to reply to this with something like "those people are just weak and pathetic, then" because you have the cognitive development of a slightly below-average 14 year old american male.

in any case, the feeling of guilt is not an indicator that the one feeling the guilt actually believes that a wrong has occurred. the emotional landscape of human activity is a bit more complex than that, "sweetie"

lol

>What good is a stance if it cannot hold up to scrutiny?

the point of this rhetorical question basically subverts your larger point

why are tripfags always the most annoying autistic faggots

>you can only feel guilt about things which you believe to be incorrect.
This is a nonsensical representation of my argument. Guilt in this sense can be seen as a reaction of failure to live up to a perceived social obligation.

You also fundamentally misunderstand (or intentionally misrepresent) the stance I'm taking via your initial straw man >i never experience insecurity or uncertainty
The core idea is that a "guilty pleasure" doesn't exist unless you buy into the idea that the guilt you feel (for being so lame) is legitimate. Denying the existence of feelings is also nonsensical, and I should have realized your inability to grasp the conversation right from there.

The rest of your post is rambling not worthy of being addressed.

I was hoping you'd say that. It's not. A search for internal logical consistency in a value judgement of an abstract system of problem solving is not comparable to a value judgement of art, unless you believe them to serve the same function. I do not.

Why are anonymous posters always the most pretentious and sore losers ?

>sore losers

Sup Forums is a contest and whoever gets the last reply in wins

>names himself
>spends the entirety of his time here arguing with people
>writes walls of text
>"pretentious"

Good post.

non sequitur
non sequitur
non sequitur
"word I used"

You sure showed me.

>The core idea is that a "guilty pleasure" doesn't exist unless you buy into the idea that the guilt you feel (for being so lame) is legitimate

this already got addressed here you do not have to truly believe or buy into the idea that your taste is wrong, bad, incorrect in order to still feel that your taste in something is a guilty pleasure

why is it that people trying to be intellectual on Sup Forums can't write for shit? It doesn't matter how good your point is if you present it as a garbled, poorly written mess. I'm not even talking about the elusive 'good writing', just simple stuff like not even using correct grammar and sentence structure.

Is your reading comprehension very poor ?

I specifically said that you don't have to deny the sensation / emotion of guilt in the ways that it can be rationalized, only that the legitimacy of the feeling from a more rational standpoint can be questioned and replaced with a positive stance (this is good because I say so without regard to social implication) rather than the intrinsically weak statement of nodding to the social implications of the loaded term "guilty pleasure." Do you even semantics ?

>why aren't people on Sup Forums writing to my liking
It's a back-and-forth, not a business memo. If you can't parse with the big boys don't try to play with big boy toys.

>"If you can't parse with the big boys don't try to play with big boy toys."

>Makes fun of someone's reading comprehension
>fails to understand the basic point of a quoted post
Nice

A FEDORA MEME ?! HAS FRIENDO FINALLY MET HIS MATCH ?!

nodding to social realities isn't weak, it's realistic.

if i understand that something isn't popular, and therefore feel a twinge of guilt for enjoying it, and yet continue take pleasure from it despite that twinge of guilt, then "guilty pleasure" is literally the most apt term.

it carries no weakness because one continues to enjoy and take pleasure in what one wants in any case. i am not deterred by the twinge of guilt. i recognize that it's there. and i do what i want anyway, that's the spirit of the thread.

if you truly have eliminated guilt or replaced it with some wholly positive 100% individualist stance (doubtful) then this isn't the tread for you. it's that simple.

Objectively underrated albums desu.

>his first-thought example of good writing is a business memo

holy shit

>why don't you pay attention these my straw men !!
Oh my goodness.

>nodding to social realities isn't weak
Incorrect. Read again.

>The absolute state of this thread

>efficiently writing in a universally understandable format
>not "good writing"
Holy frijoles.

>He feels guilty about other people not liking what he likes

How much more beta could one possibly get?

>NO D-DUDE YOU D-D-DON'T UNDERSTAND IT'S REALLY NOBLE ACTUALLY

My whole taste in music could be considered a guilty pleasure.
I haven't evolved since I was an edgy 15 year old kid, but that's okay for me.

Tripfags were a mistake

I made the thread because I thought it would be fun to talk about albums you like but know have a bad rep. Is Sup Forums always like this?

also could you have at least post something relevant to the topic before you derailed the thread?

>Is Sup Forums always like this?
No, most posters aren't as aggressive with their opinions as I am.

nah, he's just a self important tripfag my dude. he's very pretentious

I don't have guilty pleasures so the only thing relevant to the thread I can contribute is questioning the concept itself.

Most of my actual musical opinions make people upset on some level when presented by themselves as evidenced by the threads a few years back dedicated to being angry about my old RYM ratings, so if that counts I guess I can post some of those.

Quoting tripfag is going nowhere fastso I'll just post this.

you don't know guilty pleasure until you know g force by kenneth g

I can't believe I just read all your posts. You have to be the most pretentious tripfag ever on this website. And that's saying something. Please fuck off and never post again.

I was here long before you and I'll be here long after you're gone.

Same thing every thread, somebody tells other people that they're insecure and that they're stupid if they care what other people think and it's just one big shitstorm. Guilty pleasure threads are truly the worst.

The fact that you think that is something to be proud of speaks volumes.

The fact that you think it was a statement of pride speaks volumes.

imagine being so much of a worthless loser in real life that you can't let anyone get the last word in so you come up with replies like this

i bet you'll reply to me too

imagine being so much of a worthless loser in real life that you can't let anyone get the last word in so you come up with replies like this

i bet you'll reply to me too

Who knew smooth jazz can be so enjoyable?

youtube.com/watch?v=znjGqqKbTcw

plus tbp and danger days.

I genuinely enjoy the shit out of Young Thug.

I love his discography, I really couldn't care less.

Although his latest album isn't that great.