Why did miles go full retard in the 80s

why did miles go full retard in the 80s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PsXqBdkaZbU
youtube.com/watch?v=FnZc-wekyFc
youtube.com/watch?v=Tn27IcAapPI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

he definitely did, I know that much

He looks like a skeleton that fell into a tar pit.

nigga you mean as fuck

He wasn't retarded. Look at that fucking brain

He was getting old and lazy and phoning it in by that point. The guy had nothing really left to prove and figured you'd pay $$$ to see him perform anyway.

Everybody except the cinematographers went full-retard in the 80s.

C O C A I N E A B U S E

Long lost descendant of the race that gave the world our creator, Yakub.

he already started going downhill in the 70s

this too

tru

Aura is good

70s was his best period

Everybody did.

Because Jazz died in the 80s. Nobody was making good jazz albums then.

da whyte man poisoned his mind

At least Tomasz StaƄko and Anthony Braxton were. Can't say the same for others affected by the uprising of smooth jazz.

which is why i laugh at anyone here keeping up with new jazz releases. it's been over for decades

I don't care who buys the record so long as they get to the Black people so I will be remembered when I die. I'm not playing for any white people, man. I wanna hear a black guy say 'Yeah, I dig Miles Davis.'

He was trying to keep up with the times.

I kinda respect that as to opposed to being nostalgic for the good ol' days of Jazz. Too much nostalgia these days

He embraced the equivalent of smooth jazz. I'd say nostalgia is better than that. How about avant-garde and free jazz for an opposition?

Miles didn't like Free Jazz, he understood and respected it but wasn't the direction he wanted to go in. He pushed limits by making fusion instead.

But who the fuck is making their best stuff 40 years into their career?

no one, but that doesn't mean you have to make sappy shit

It's called interplanetary ascension.

YAKUB

Exactly this . While not a jazz musician, Scott Walker is a perfect example.

Star People was great for 80's fusion
youtube.com/watch?v=PsXqBdkaZbU

>in the 80s
He's always been a retard

Michael Brecker
youtube.com/watch?v=FnZc-wekyFc

Bohren.

go to bed

he wanted the approval of black people

>muh smooth jazz
>muh jazz is dead
you people are sentimentalist garbage

ornette coleman

If you honestly believe smooth "jazz" aka jazz to talk over to or castrated jazz isn't a disgrace, you're beyond saving.

how is smooth jazz any worse than soul jazz in the 60s, or big band in the 40s? i'm not saying i like it, but jazz has been this shit since the beginning.

acting like smooth jazz killed "real jazz" is a comforting lie that lets you fetishize the past and ignore the present.

>but jazz has been this shit since the beginning.
Everything made sense until this.

Why is he still so based

whoops, not what i meant to say. i think "been" was supposed to be "had," ie, there's alway been a vapid, trendy side to jazz, smooth jazz just being a recent manifestation

>there's alway been a vapid, trendy side to jazz, smooth jazz just being a recent manifestation
Exactly. Who do you think was most responsible for the bastardization of the genre besides Kenny G?

Paul Whiteman

youtube.com/watch?v=Tn27IcAapPI
Why did such a musician had to go the smooth jazz route?

because that shit pays the bills

guarantee you the majority of smooth jazz albums are played by people who don't give a fuck about the music

>guarantee you the majority of smooth jazz albums are played by people who don't give a fuck about the music
Quite obvious, isn't it? I was being facetious with the previous question. I suppose the majority of "jazz" gigs in New York are smooth jazz gigs too.

smooth jazz has died down quite a bit since the 90s

shit like snarky puppy is the millennial equivalent of smooth jazz

Was he ever not smooth jazz? Benson is pretty cool honestly for pop jazz.

Breezin' is usually considered his first actual smooth jazz album

his earlier stuff is a lot of soul/funk/fusion influenced albums. still very "poppy" jazz, like a predecessor to smooth jazz. Beyond The Blue Horizon is fucking good.

Cocaine's a helluva drug

Legit looks like a bog mummy