Why do people consider Japan to be some sort of futuristic utopia...

Why do people consider Japan to be some sort of futuristic utopia? How exactly is it more advanced than other first world nations? I get that they have good trains and there are Jap companies working on robots, but that doesn't make it any better than, say, Germany or Australia.

Is it because of dumb weebs spreading lies?

Other urls found in this thread:

oregonlive.com/education/index.ssf/2015/03/a_bottle_of_prescribed_adderal.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But have you considered that you can buy used panties in vending machines?

i don't think he did tbh

Weeaboos are cancer and always will be.
Japan is fine if you're not a faggot who loves anime.

user living in Japan here.

Japan is just like any other country - there are pros and cons to living here. Pros include great transit systems, super safe society (very low violent crime), and awesome food at all price points.

It was ahead of the western world in terms of technology for a short period of time. Then they had a massive market crash and everyone caught up. But utopia it isn't and never was

Japan is kinda stick in the 90s culturally but it's still pretty interesting. After all the history and the folklore are as unique as Scandinavian you could say. I wouldn't say it's the best country or anything but in terms of general safety and social aspect it's one of the best in the world.

Japan has good PR - its called anime

I used to be a brainwashed weebo...then when you get srs about living/traveling long term there you start reading blogs, watching vlogs etc. and you realize what

this user says.

Japan is only a utopia for people who never wish to aspire to anything greater than a worker bee in a hive. For a bee, it's a perfect society. Everything runs like clockwork, you're safe, and you're only expected to do your job. For someone with greater aspirations it's a horrible place.

Also as Ausfalia here its not full of a shitload of 3rd world scum. Having been to Japan twice I appreciate that the Japanese want to keep their country for themselves and not boatloads of rapefugees

cons are low income, low chance of employment, employment is usually contract and extremely temporary, high competition.

Wouldn't Japan be better if you're a faggot who lives anime? You don't seem too bright.

> Why do people consider Japan to be some sort of futuristic utopia?
Because they have an obsession with technology and try to put it to use to benefit society. They are more accepting of technology than the west and have all the cool shit we can only read about. Beyond that, there's nothing special except for the culture.

no, it's actually worse.

you are surrounded by people who ACTUALLY know the language you pretend to know, and they are racist against outsiders who wish they were Japanese.

FILTHY GAIJIN!

you are forgetting its a bit more racist than most people think. also no weed allowed. not that i smoke but for most western fags thats gotta be a con.

> cons are low income, low chance of employment, employment is usually contract and extremely temporary, high competition.
I thought Japan was still practicing the job-for-life meme. Has it changed? And aren't the wages supposed to be high enough for sole breadwinner households?

wages are high enough that you can afford cheap food and rent, but good luck finding one.

japan is seeing alot of inflation recently, so it is more frequent to see low paid part time contract jobs.

it's also a contributing factor to japanese people not marrying and staying single.

some even live in internet cafes and pay rent to live in a small cubicle room and eat instant ramen.

They just have a history of being more refined and disciplined in their lives than most other countries. Not so much today but many of their old ways still survive as common practice.

read this
no I didn't.

>no weed allowed

dude I know plenty of Japanese people who smoke weed. it's like any other place where it isn't legal, just the quality is usually shit.

ask designer fags eg from car industry why they end up copying japanese design for europe/usa 10 years later

dude i didn't say there wasn't an ounce of bud in japan. just that it isn't allowed by any law. recreational/medical etc.

the law is very backwards and harsh in how it classifies possession etc. its a big risk in Japan. i'm sure its there tho

because they tend to be more compact and easier to drive in crowded areas.

>thinking japanese cars are more advanced

try Italy.

nope. not only the type of cars. they literally copy the design. eg. for the fucking suvs. the most successful audi q5 design was almost an exact copy from japanese car 10 years ago.

I've been living in Japan for about 3 years and it honestly doesn't really feel that different than living in America except that there's a language barrier. People kept trying to tell me that moving here would be a big culture shock and it really just wasn't since I feel like Japan is pretty damn westernized.

if you're self employed it's pretty good.

people who love anime come to Japan with unrealistic expectations

Self employed not teaching english and fucking bar girls for the last 2 years. Life is good.

But technology is backwards. I had to learn how to use a fax machine working here...

except if you're a foreigner and you get caught with it you're getting deported. People here act like weed will fucking kill you

If you speak Japanese and go to school or work with Japanese people you'll notice a lot of different things. If you mainly hang with other foreigners or Japanese people who speak English you probably won't

is that why SUVs are the most prone to rollovers?

is that why the most fuel efficient and technologically advanced sports cars are from Italy?

3rd world scum are no worse then bogans. Kick them all out I say.

people who use "then" instead of "than" or "could of" instead of "could've" are just immature teenagers who haven't experienced enough of life for their opinions to really matter in any political issue.

When it comes to a day to day reliable high production car Italy is one of the worst.

oh yeah, for sure, but we were talking about which cars car designers like to emulate and rip off the most, and those are the Italian luxury and sports cars.

Stop fanboying. In general Italian cars suck. Obviously Ferrari is nice. But still destroyed by plenty of other cars.

Side note Maserati has an suv. And both Ferrari and lambo are making one.

THINGS THAT WILL SHOCK WEEABOOS ABOUT THE REALITY OF JAPAN

1) Apart from a few hi-tech districts in Tokyo, most of Japan is rural and backwards. Houses are built from wood, hot in the summer, and cold in the winter. Most people have paraffin based heating and stoves, and need to go down to the store on a regular basis to get new cylinders.

2) Japan is incredibly backward when it comes to business. As others have mentioned on this thread, they are stuck in the 90s. Fax machines are considered the official way to send a document. Everyone wears suits to work and has long pointless meetings because that's what they feel that businessmen are supposed to 'do.' It's a very male-dominated, macho culture which rewards obedience and stigmatizes differing opinions and change.

3) Anime is basically considered kid's stuff. A self respecting Japanese man would no more watch Sailor Moon than a self respecting Western man would watch My Little Pony.

4) Japan is incredibly racist and very distrusting of outsiders. As a foreigner in Japan, the question you will be asked the most is "So when are you leaving?" You will never be considered truly Japanese, in the same way that no amount of hanging around a chicken coop will make a pig a rooster.

>fanboying

In Italy, companies like Fiat and Alfa Romeo played a major role in car design. Many coach builders were dependent on these two major manufacturers. Italian manufacturers had a large presence in motorsports leading to several sport car manufacturers like Ferrari, Lancia, Lamborghini, Maserati, etc. During the late-1950s, Italian automobile designs gained global popularity coinciding with the modern fashion and architecture at that time around the world. Various design and technical schools in Turin turned out designers in large scale. By the late-1960s almost all Italian coach builders transformed into design studios catering to automakers around the world. The trend continued in the 1990s, when the Japanese and Korean manufacturers sourced designs from these styling studios. One example is Pininfarina.

stop fanboying, weeb.

How are they ripping them off by making a similar product? Making a sports car is a pretty well known formula.

design-wise, people like to use Italian design, or make similar designs to Italy, which colloquially is a rip-off.

That’s old news which has no real relevance today. Everyone has copied at some point.
While it may never be proven it’s widely reported the mclaren 720s is the fastest car in the world at the moment. Not Italian.

Japan uses Italian car design studios, wtf are you even talking about.

no, you didn't read properly. Japan uses Italian design studios. the car design you think is Japanese is actually Italian.

What’s an Italian design? A supercar is essentially a wedge shape trying to get the best aerodynamics. That’s just how it is. You want someone to make a rectangular car like a brick and try to sell it as a supercar?

we arent talking about car types.

we aren't talking about car tech.

we are talking about how the car looks.

car design.

those japanese cars are all designed by italians who work with clay.

It’s a designer. So what? It’s not copying. You think the look of a car is the car? Plenty more to it then that.
And all manafacturers hire foreigners.

I think this conversation is going no where.

I thought Australia only accepted qualified/skilled immigrants

Basically that or genuine refugees who can prove their life is in danger if they go home.

What happened to aerodynamic studies (must for supercars)? Done with clay? I think not....

look dude, I didn't say "they copy car design," ok?

the other guy said "car designers like to copy Japanese car design" and I pointed out "it's actually italian design they are copying, not japanese."

don't get your titties in a twist just because I don't suck japans dick, me so sorry.

My Japanese isn't the greatest and I work with Japanese people, but I really don't feel like it is that different from the job I had back in the states.

But you’re wrong. They pay a designer who happens to be Italian. That is in no way copying. And that’s pretty rare anyway.
And I love all cars. Just found it funny you kept mentioning Italy.

retard, you are talking about advanced production techniques, I'm talking about designing the car. that's still done with clay and paper.

at least know what you are talking about.

some do, some don't.

some just rip off italian design style, as I said, and as I said, colloquially that's known as ripping off.

it is easier to not have to pay someone else when you can just borrow design elements that already work.

meant to say "some just borrow italian design style" coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

also, they don't just "pay a dude who happens to be italian," they OUTSOURCE the design to ITALIAN DESIGN STUDIOS.

that means the guy who "happens to be italian" lives in ITALY not JAPAN.

the car design is ITALIAN. the company that did it is ITALIAN, not JAPANESE.

so they aren't ripping off Japanese design, they rip off Italian design.

Such as?
And again I don’t understand “Italian design styles”. The only modern Japanese attempts at a supercar are the GTR, NSX and LFA. All of which look very Japanese and not remotely Italian. What bit are they borrowing/ripping off?

They don't. Japan is pretty slow to adopt anything. They only within the last couple years got into smartphones.

I wouldn't have a problem with this since I'll probably be forever alone anyway.

Any drug is a big risk in Japan. I present to the case of a local:
oregonlive.com/education/index.ssf/2015/03/a_bottle_of_prescribed_adderal.html

the Nissan GTR was originally designed by an Italian in the 1970's when Nissan wanted a touring car to compete in rally races, they hired an Italian design studio to ensure that the car would look good, they have been modifying it since.

NSX looks like a Ferrari.

LFA looks like a Shelby.

I agree
that's why I prefer Germany
better language,culture and people

The 70’s gtr is literally nothing like the modern one. Nsx looks nothing like a Ferrari and the lfa looks nothing like s Shelby, which is American anyway.

>racist against outsiders who wish they were Japanese.

That's not even racism. Weeaboos only like japan because they think japanese people are somehow going to accept them when their own countrymen don't.

> Houses are built from wood
How is that backwards? Are you one of those muh bricks yuropoors? I believe wood withstands quakes better anyway.

Japan is A grade retarded when it comes to technology.

Imagine needing to buy a cash register but the only thing you can find in stores is a fisher price play set that makes a MOO sound when you press the button that looks like a car. Shit here is crazy like that. My wife and i got an oven as a wedding gift. Its the worst oven i have ever seen in my life. All it needs is a dial for temprature, time, and a light switch. Instead i have 10000 options for cooking REALLY specific meals. I can cook 450g of Sha-ke fish in 15 minutes buy pressing one button... but what if i want to cook 600g of fish? Impossible. What if i was making a cake that needed to be in at 180 for 50 minutes. Impossible. But i can reheat 400g of eggplant! Yay

Everything here is like windows 10 in that its an expensive toy with multicoloured bullshit and buttons galore but all of the functionality taken away.

Everything here is like that

/rant

>Germany
Germanfag here. Yes, we are pretty advanced, but that will probably change in the next decades. Our digitalisation is a catastrophe, if we don't focus on that quickly and efficiently, we'll become just some country that can make big machines but is too stupid for highly advanced technology.

>nothing like the modern one

guess you conveniently chose not to read the part where I said they have been modifying it ever since.

Google what the first generation NSX looked like, it is distinctly Ferrari.

the LFA looks like a Shelby that's angry.

Japan also likes to copy the design from the MG SVR.

Underrated post.
Last time I used a rotary phone? Japan, visiting my nephew.

how so?
I don't see your point
I think the biggest threat for you germans, are the pile of subhumans immigrants

This tbqh. I do enjoy Japanese variety shows, though.

Wood is shit. Wood is a cheap material that withstands absolutely nothing, not even a few decades of existing and it looks like shit. A Building made out of wood is called a shed, not a house.

He's talking out of his ass. Also we have the refugee thing completely under control. Sup Forums is just trying to blow it out of proportion all the fucking time.

Japan is *not* more advanced than most Western nations. Most people here can't use Word, don't have Windows 8 or higher, don't regularly use a web based email, and the average computer is 2-4gb of RAM. I work with people that fax and cut and paste physical documents.

My kids are joining ice skating and we have to drive an hour to the place just to pay because they, like vast numbers of places, don't accept credit cards.

It's still legal for people in the back not to wear seat belts, 60% of parents don't belt up their kids, and most medical practices are a decade or more behind N. America.

Japan is retarded in myriad ways, and one of the only things it has going for it is that there are about five SJWs in the whole country.

>wood withstands quakes better anyway
No. The reason why wood was historically used in earthquake prone areas is because wood is light and cannot kill the occupants in case the house falls.

Modern buildings have framed structures and other quake resisting features which allow them to withstand shocks much better.

>they are more accepting of technology

KEK I live here and people think technology is the devil. You've never seen people more suspicious of tech.

>Also we have the refugee thing completely under control

I hope you are right,it would be a shame have such an admirable country like Germany end up at sandniggers hands

A thousand times this.

consider that, Tokyo is not really japan, outside you will find more conservative views about technology, society and traditions.

Mostly this.

Re: technology

No PCs in banks. Everything done on carbon copy paper. Super anal about bureaucratic paperwork, which is fucking everywhere, and seldom computerized or web available in any context.

No dryers in homes, you gotta hang that washing. Lots of people smell like mildew because of poor drying habits. I go once a week to the coin laundry, because heated drying is superior for health and comfort. Houses and apts don't have the necessary ventilation to make buying one viable (they're crazy expensive anyway).

No ovens on homes (usually) so no home baked goods. And good luck finding or baking a turkey.

Very few homes have dishwashers, and if they do, they're tiny and work like shit. Most don't even have heated drying.

Houses and apartments are heated/cooled by wall units. So, you only heat/cool the room you're in at the time. Enjoy cold walks to the pisser in the winter. That heated toilet seat will be your best friend.

Radio station DJs often start talking in the middle of a song, or just fade it out and start blabbing about the artist.

The toilets and bathtubs rock though.

>going nowhere
That’s because you don’t seem very bright.

In what way?

I keep reading outside of Tokyo Japan is rural and backwards.

I mean Tokyo has about 20 million inhabitants and seems pretty advanced. If you live there it should be pretty sweet or isn't it?

Again who cares? The gtr looks nothing the same. It’s been redesigned many times in between.
The nsx looks no more like a Ferrari than plenty of other Supercars.
The lfa looks nothing like a Shelby.

It's not, I lived there. In many ways it's regressive, you can hardly use credit cards and they use fucking fax machines all the time.

Of course he didn’t, also holographic wife tech

I'm a burger that has lived in old houses, my experience with wood is a lot different from yours. I've never seen problems with wood on a maintained structure.

no jews, the jews fear the samuari
well its either that or borial europe, and most people cant handle the frozen north

>Anime streaming sites are blocked
>Anime on TV is only in Japanese with no subtitles
>They never play re-runs of old/popular shows, only show new to air current season stuff
>Box set of show you likes is like $250 and has no subtitles
>They're strict on importing DVDs of anime
>Used to be able to pirate but lately Japanese ISPs are starting to actually care about piracy, naturally they're targeting people pirating anime first and foremost
>It's not even anything special here, anime is literally just kid's cartoons as normal as Disney/WB cartoons are to westerners
I used to love anime but moving to Japan made me basically stop caring about it.

> In 2001, as economics minister, he was quoted as saying he wanted to make Japan a country where "rich Jews" would like to live.
They will come.

Only if you're a dumbass that moves to Tokyo. Literally move like more than 30min out of a major city and you'll find
>employers that'll hang onto you as long as you want, as long as you're not a total fuck up (this part's easy cuz usually Americans have a shit work ethic and take too many days off)
>Rent average 1/3-1/2 of back home
>balls to the wall fast, cheap, unlimited download internet that doesnt care if you torrent games/movies/music
>Cheap food costs, can easily live on $2/day food if you know how to cook and where to buy shit
>really cheap Alcohol, beer prices have gone up about 30% in the last 10 years but still cheaper than most countries. A bottle of Captain Morgan is only $12 here, overseas you're looking at ~$50 or more.
>good, cheap public transport that's always on time, no need for a car. if you do get sent into the countryside for work then your company usually gives you a car for free
>good healthcare. Can see any doctor/dentist without an appointment and it'll cost you under $10
>Yen is strong so it's a good place to save up money, then ship it back overseas to make a nice 10~30% profit depending how the economy is doing. During the 2009 market crash Japan's yen stayed strong so most people living in Japan at the time nearly doubled their savings.
>Japanese work ethic is lazy as fuck, and they encourage taking naps on the job. In a 10h shift you'll probably actually do 3 hours of work. If you work in a bar you are expected to get drunk on the job.
>Can get $50-$200/h "private tutoring English" which usually involves just drinking with some rich doctor at a bar or teaching someone's teenage daughter for good cash on the side

Japan's been my "gonna save up money for a couple of years before going to my next place" back-up location for 12 years now. The only thing that's going to ruin it is more and more fucking Filipinos are moving here, undercutting people's pay, increasing hours and reducing job conditions.

Also very secular country and mostly progressive to things like nudity and sexuality.
Pros and cons are everywhere,but to line up those particular Pros......

But they have hotels where you can sleep In a shoebox

Nah Australia had a type of work visa until a year or two ago which resulted in large companies going to Thailand and the Philippines and just giving random people on the street jobs in Australia, just cuz they'd work for cheaper, take no breaks, take no days off and would pull 18h shifts without complaining.
Aus is basically fucked cuz of it now.

>No dryers
Noticed a lot of yanks complain about this. Hanging your clothes to try is pretty fucking normal in most of the world, costs no electricity and unless it's raining it's faster.

It's faster to do dishes by hand.

Who the fuck listens to the radio in 2017, let alone commercial radio stations.

Japan has very few niggers and sand niggers. Unlike Germany, which is cucked by mudslimes.

>What’s an Italian design

lololololol
holy fuk mi

Every country has its flagship specialty. Italy has design. If you dont know anything about pininfarina or automotive design, or product design, or fashion, or architecture, or art, then why are you even talking about it? You don’t even know there is an entire massive discipline that shaoes the world around you called design, and who the players are? Jesus dude.

How is drying your clothes outside faster? In winter it can take a whole day. A dryer takes half an hour to an hour.