youtube.com/watch?v=3Tvnx3gL8Gg
youtube.com/watch?v=1Djn8g2IyJo
youtube.com/watch?v=WvG1lp8xaeA
youtube.com/watch?v=RYNA-SKrYiY
youtube.com/watch?v=Ro5Wvn4qI2c
youtube.com/watch?v=6CSt1tECiBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FNfpoY3_-XI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

agreed, and pass the bong is a very very underrated song, one of my favorite b-sides of theirs.

shit, the Caesar Demos as a whole is one of the best works they ever made IMO, and most of those songs didn't make it to any albums.

they truly were a songwriting force to be reckoned with at their creative peak.

Oasis and Suede were better

Im personally partial to Craters of the Sac, but Caesar demos is fucking amazing. She Caught My Fancy is fucking beautiful.
youtube.com/watch?v=SySvvUMLAas

*blocks your path*

youtu.be/S_kYEgQ8W-o

Love Come Down tho, holy fuck
youtube.com/watch?v=YekOf7hou_c

Does anyone know if that I Hate The Smiths song has a studio version? I've only ever heard it live.

Pretty sure just the one version thats circulated thats it.

Agreed. Pavement also has some great B-Sides
youtu.be/4DjPSYh1VoA

I guess the most important ingredient to good B-Sides is that the band is good.
Thats what Ween, Pavement, and GBV all have in common. Fucking great bands.

craters of the sac is awesome, don't get me wrong, but the Caesar demos just get me OFF. not a single moment i don't like on that whole thing.

and yea, GBV has some INCREDIBLE b-sides as well. this is honestly a top 5 GBV song for me right here:

youtube.com/watch?v=KdeUb46BzVw

Why do Ween fans all act like obnoxious children ? We get it, your hilarious comedy band is soooo great. Very original. Can we move on now ?

As for a band with *actual* good B-sides...
youtube.com/watch?v=XnT1itcw_og

>Ween
>Comedy Band
you're so fucking dumb its stupid

but you are literally the most annoying person in this entire thread

youtu.be/BS7qdsxG5h8

G
B
V

>Many bands within the alternative rock and college rock spectrum are known for their incorporation of humorous and satirical songs, with bands such as They Might Be Giants, The Presidents of the United States of America, Bloodhound Gang, Those Pretty Boys, System Of A Down, Ween, and Camper Van Beethoven finding both mainstream and independent success in the United States, as well as successful foreign bands such as Parokya ni Edgar and Knorkator."

>Genres: Alternative rock experimental rock lo-fi psychedelic rock comedy rock"

>Although they did not play on the album, bassist Dave Dreiwitz and keyboardist Glenn McClelland joined the band in April 1997; their debut was a performance of the Mollusk track "The Golden Eel" on an episode of the Comedy Central show Viva Variety. The lineup of Freeman-Melchiondo-McClelland-Dreiwitz-Coleman would remain the same until Ween's breakup in 2012.
You were saying ?

>waah stop posting good music
I... can't...

>gbv, ween, pavement love all in one thread

gettin pretty comfy over here lads :3

youtu.be/5uZJaVWWuks

I dunno

Grandaddy has some pretty outstanding b-sides

>not posting the king shit version

youtube.com/watch?v=CL6GtcGPjoU

Sometimes funny, light-hearted music =/= comedy band

DUDE

>genres: comedy rock

eat shit friendo you huge fag

>wikipedia

You know you can to write comedy music and not be a comedy band right? Do you write off all of Zappas work as comedy rock?

>genres: comedy rock

>genres: Alternative Rock, experimental rock, lo-fi, psychedelic rock
Why are you trying to make it look like comedy rock is al they do when its at the bottom of their list of genres.

Why are you pretending your preferred band of goofball jokesters are something Far More Serious and Professional ?

Youve clearly never seen them live. They are about as professional as it gets
youtube.com/watch?v=OMXEo-jdQzk

youtu.be/qtTJMTbR6Lg?t=170
That goofy pirate voice really did wonders convincing me that they're super serious live.

>Far More Serious
Though they definetly have more serious songs I don't think anyone claimed Weens overall tone as Serious
>Professional
Only professionals can take from an eclectic pool of genres(country, funk, metal) and execute them better than artists who do those genres exclusively

Blarney stone fucking rocks man. You are a sad shitposter.

came here to say Pavement. Even some of their throwaways get stuck in my head, like that Baby Yeah one, or List of Dorms. Even Drunks with Guns (?) with the "Ah! Ah!" uhhhh the S"how me a word that rhyme s with Pavment " one. i'm drunk rn

The humor in their music mostly lies within actually understanding their personalities rather than the content. Some of the content may be construed as being jokey because of the voices they use or the sometimes immature lyrics when it really isn't itself, but rather how Gene presents it.

In short, you just don't get it.

Check out Downside Up by Siouxsie and The Banshees, many of their all-time best songs were B-sides, especially those early ones

>bro these gooftunes are just a little too deep for you haha
O.K.

not him but I have tried and tried with this band just to be confronted with poo jokes and stupid voices talking about dicks. Honestly can't deal with it, as much as I love the instrumentation

There's nothing deep about it. It's simply something you get or you don't.

the greentext but unironically. some humor just operates at a deeper level

I think you're taking them too seriously. Also that they just aren't a band for you, which is fine.

Me: this comedy music isn't really that impressive or funny, let's talk about actual good music instead.

You: "To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Ween. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical listener's head. There's also Gene's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Ween truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Dean's existencial catchphrase "I'M WAVING MY DICK IN THE WIND," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Ween's genius unfolds itself on their record players. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Boognish tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand."

Do you feel fulfilled in what you're doing right now?

wrong and wrong again.
The monty python fleing circus has better b-side, even c-side with hidden tracks. does your breloved brand suprass that?

Weezer is known for having great B-sides. I'd argue that theirs are better than Ween's.

youtube.com/watch?v=dMseH5GIVTA
youtube.com/watch?v=3Tvnx3gL8Gg
youtube.com/watch?v=1Djn8g2IyJo

pretty much all of weezers b sides and rivers solo projects have been vastly superior to modern weezer

youtube.com/watch?v=WvG1lp8xaeA

youtube.com/watch?v=RYNA-SKrYiY

youtube.com/watch?v=Ro5Wvn4qI2c

youtube.com/watch?v=6CSt1tECiBQ

youtube.com/watch?v=FNfpoY3_-XI

the "You: ..." part but unironically. my boognish tattoo is awesomesauce