Michael Bay

> Stanley Kubrick
> Oliver Stone
> Clint Eastwood
> The Coen Brothers
> David Fincher
> Ron Howard

Agreed. Also, Stanley Kubrick.

Sincerely hope everyone in this thread is trolling.

Stanley Kubrick
Kevin Smith
John carpenter

quentin is just a meme director

>Scorsese
/thread

Also:
> Ang Lee
> Martin Scorsese
> Francis Ford Coppola
> David Lynch
> Ridley Scott
> Gus Van Sant
> Wes Anderson (maybe)

Clint eastwood

Hitchcock??? FFS!

kek. you gotta be kidding

Beat me to it.

Edgar Wright

If you think Tarantino is a better director than Scorsese then you are out of your damn mind.

David Fincher
/thread

Kevin Smith LOLOLOLOL

James Cameron
Orson Welles
Alfred Hitchcock

nah, both suck

youre a faggot.

kurosawa

Can't express how much I hate Wes Anderson. But you can still be mah nigga for David Lynch.

Uwe Boll

Paul Thomas Anderson

calls me a faggot and names kurosawa.

Michael Mann

Harmony Korine
Harmony Korine
Harmony Korine
Harmony Korine
and
Harmony Korine

> james fucking cameron

why because he can get retards to hand over their wallets? he made like 2 legit watchable movies.

Powell and Pressburger.

Luc Besson

Solid choice, I forgot about him.

Faggot confirmed.

you're still a faggot, and kurosawa is the most copied director. period.

Still better than Tarantino.

Paul Thomas Anderson
Tarantino said it himself, he couldn't be that good without PTA to look up to : youtube.com/watch?v=_gLXelulmCw

Lucifer Valentine

I'll don my tin hat and prepare for being called a faggot, but as I grew up in the 80's I'm gonna say Spielberg.

well that clears it up, solid logic, you win.

Grossly overrated. Makes movies for 15yo boys.

The thread says name a better director than Tarantino....

>most copied
still a pleb

>Name a better director
Let's see...
[insert name of literally any other director here]
Yep, that about sums it up.

Driver was shit

Michael bay

Deez Nutz

The guy who made arthur and the invisibles ? Oh yeah... great filmaker indeed...

Tyler Perry?

adam sandler

Pulp Fiction was pretty good with great dialogue..but still overrated. Every single movie he's done since has been a giant dumpster fire of pretentiousness

and you said james cameron in a non-ironic statement, hence my indignation.

hahaha, what a story...

Okay, maybe not ANY other director.

>no fucking way
/faggot

Which ones?

Transformers: The last knight might be the worst movie in the history of movies

>Steven Seagull
/thread

Tarantino captured the zeitgeist in the 90s but I don't think his films hold up well. And to anyone saying James Cameron, have a word with yourselves.

samefagging hard faggot.

Tommy Wiseau

Tarantinos stupid time jumping forward and backwards ruined Pulp Fiction, it was so stupid that not many people even realize that it's happening and think the movie is playing in a normal time order.

Somebody spliced the clips together on Youtube and played the movie in the right Chronology and it makes far more sense and should have been done like that in the fucking first place.

youtube.com/watch?v=uPLUGq9oNvA

dubs of truth

yes i know

Alan Smithee

terminator
aliens

escape from new york is fun but not a great movie.

same with point break.

Brad Bird.

I know what you're saying but, having it played in a mixed order just gave it another layer of depth. I'm going to check your link as well as I've never saw it in the correct order.

samefag

Michael Chimino
Francis Ford Coppolla
Wes Anderson
And so on...

Paul Verhoeven

Uwe Boll

>Pulp Fiction was pretty good with great dialogue
>great dialogue

Talking about what burgers are called in other countries. Fantastic dialogue.

the movie wasnt even called driver, dipshit

no shit nigger, follow plot faggot.

Sarah Soluri and Hélène Torres
You don't know them, they were 2 girls in my Univeristy I shared some Cinema theory classes with. They once started a student short film project, and I ended up playing an extra in it. They were all over the place, not knowing how to block a scene, not taking care about giving clear instruction to the actors, playing swordfight (yes, they wanted to make a fantasy film, and they loved playing with the props) in the background while others (me included) tried to maintain a tight schedule, bringing us in a spot for nightime shooting without properly spotting it beforehand (turned out it was a main drug dealing marketplace and we almost got in big trouble that night),...
They were fucking incompetent.

Still, they managed to make the movie exist, it was hot garbage, we all got a below average mark for the job.

Better filmakers than Tarantino

yes.

No, after reading the script for True Romance, I'm pretty sure Pulp fiction would have been better in the right order.

Tarantino wrote True Romance in the same jumping back and forward way that he wrote Pulp fiction, thankfully he sold that and it was put in the right order and directed by somebody else, it's a masterpiece, Tarantino would have fucked it up if he'd have directed it. I think he knows that too, as all his more recent shit are played in the right order.

Jesus Christ, 80 posts in and nobody has mentioned Bergman.

Whoever directed the Kung Fu Panda series

These plus Martin Scorsese and Orson Welles

>I don't think Kubrick has a single bad movie.

If you are that young so this is the only movie of his you hav eseen maby you should get the fuck out of here and back to the disney club

whats going on here?

kevin spacey

heres a plot: samefag calls 2 different anons samefag, gets dubs, remains a faggot in the end.

Cool story bro.

I like that one he made that was graphically violent and had witty dialogue

edgar wright

Bit off topic, but I only found out today that Clancy Brown voices Mr Krabs in spongebob...

The fuckin Kurgan from Highlander is Mr Krabs...

Was anybody else unaware of this?

Spielberg

nothing with fucking christian slater in it is a masterpiece. what the fuck are you talking about.

Full Metal Jacket?

Larry Clark

He's my second favourite director after Kubrick

since i got dubs and you dont, im not going to talk to you.

Denis Villeneuve

I agree to a point, but I think True Romance really was, he suited that role so much. He plays the same fuckin role in everything and can't really act apart from that one character, but to me it really suited that movie. The rest of his movies suck, apart from the one where they kill a hooker in Vegas and dispose of the body, forgot what that was called..... Very Bad Things, that was pretty decent.