ITT: Most disappointing movie sequels/prequels

ITT: Most disappointing movie sequels/prequels

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=QoT_gu8W658
newgrounds.com/portal/view/5136
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first thing that came to mind was pic related, there are a lot tho.

Absolute shit taste, apply yourself young man.

Gremlins 2 is fucking great.

idk I kinda liked it
the cgi broke the immersion at times but the story was decent

I love that film

Star wars 1, 2, 3 (the prequels)

it is horrible compared to the first, tried way too hard to be funny and the cg made it even worse when it could have been used to make it so much better. it's still a decent trip back to my childhood but was very disappointing as a sequel.

>Aliens

Now before you all start with your fucking Outrage, I'm not saying it's a bad movie. It's not. It's a fucking great movie.

What I'm saying is, it's a bad sequel.

The first one is essentially a slasher movie in space. Something like Halloween or Friday 13th or probably more like Jaws. In space.

The alien is exactly that. An alien. It's so fucking different from us that we can't comprehend it at all. Even its blood is something that will kill us.

Aliens humanized them. Turned them into ants or bees. Cutting the power, and backing off when Ripley points the flame thrower at the queen. Totally fucking ruined the aliens themselves.

It's a great movie. But it's an awful sequel.

Terminator 3 was the moment we all realized western media had passed the point of no return.

Fuck that, they were good. This installment was terrible though.

Look, user, I’m sorry to do this but the other Anons and I have talked and we’re just going to have to let you go. It’s been a good run here but, well, there are just some creative differences here. Please hand in your peripherals.

Arny had already decided he was going to run for governer when he did T2. He'd stopped doing Bad Guys by then. He only agreed to do T2 if he could be a good guy.

T3 was nothing more than a publicity campaign to raise his profile before he went into politics.

It's way better than the first one

Learn to take a fucking joke

It may be. But it's a sci-fi movie and not a horror movie.

It's a great movie. But it's a shit sequel.

Pretty much.
Alien was a Lovecraftian story of necrophilic sexual contact between a curious living space critter (the Nostromo) and a corpse. See the three holes they entered through? Giger really was a genius. The disease that killed the dead ship infected the curious visitor and killed it. Humans are like multipurpose lymphocytes/braincells in a spaceship, that was the point.
Aliens was the NASCAR version for all the cretins who were yelling "Jist shoot it! Yeehaa!" and the alien became a dangerous animal.
Then the comics totally fucked up all hope. Forget examining the human condition, just more fights and guns and asplosions.

Not saying the first one was good, but at least it was campy enough to be watchable. This one makes me want to put my hand in the garbage disposal.

Well put argument user, I agree with you!

its a tie!
all the fucking star wars movies!!!
they blow ass chunks.

The movie that proved to me my job was to grow out of this shit.
Tried to watch it with the kids but they didn't really like it. Who was it for? Under 15s don't get who the villains were, even the Aliums stuff was kinda 80s/90s schlock.
That movie was an exhausting, unlubricated fuck in the ass.

youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=QoT_gu8W658

Did you even watch the first movie? The alien gets on board from a fucking alien ant farm creche

Holy fuck you have shit taste, Gremlins 2 is a classic

what the fuck?

You first, maybe?

I didn't mind that the story in Reloaded was more convoluted than a Kojima game. The action made up for it. There are few action scenes that rival the freeway chase in that movie.

read

How do you know? You're applying human reasoning to something alien.

no.

Star Wars 3 is the best out of the franchise imo

hol up.. so ya'll be tallan me.. yus been seen all de star wuz mobies and yuz hated 'em alls?

damn nigguh yo been wastan ye own damn time

You're a stupid bitch and you should feel bad about your life

Go on

I enjoyed 3, but I wouldn't call it the best. It's definitely the better than 1 and 2. If they had cast someone different to play Anakin, it would have been a lot better. He fucking ruined everything.

The door to Palpatines office was painted onto the wall.

He's a fucking Sith Lord. He doesn't need doors.

I think Hayden Christensen was perfect for the role, he really is a good actor but he just struggled with the sloppy script and poor directing.

yes, and.. ?

Matrix sequels werent bad, they were just bad in comparison to the first. Itd be the same if they tried to redo/sequel any great movie, its just hard to get the magic twice.

The last one of that series so bad no idea the name saw it once will never watch again. The need to redo that movie and fix it

the fucking irony

dude this movie is like Aliens compared to Alien

Kill yourself

I agree, the first one set a pretty low bar too.

Do remakes count?

Yes

This is the definition of dissapointment

NO

First one was epic tho

first one is the only good of the franchise

Transformers 1 was one of my fav movies, but the 2nd one was complete shit.

Never saw the 3rd.

> Even worse, parents brought 4-6 year olds to the 2nd movie. LOL. Such bad parents

Took quite some views, but now i like 2 and 3 as much as 1
Disagree, 1 and 2 are both great, but stupid movies ^^

Did not even know there was a 2, let alone a 3... 1 is a cult classic tho (imho)

Highlander 2 would have been awful, were anyone stupid enough to make it. Thank goodness it never happened.

Dark of the Moon was definitely better than Revenge of the Fallen, but that is a very low bar

Aside from the 12 endings, what didn't you like about it?

>the 12 endings
the what?

Just a rip-off of the Dune series anyway

Dude, Disney was CLEARLY torn between "we want to re-sell StarWars" and "We want to take it in a new direction".

So they did both

Ep7 was Ep4 almost to a fucking T.

Rogue one was "something different". Other than the fucking two bullshit Chinese characters for no god-damned reason, the... failure to setup an explanation for WHY one fucking corvette could take down two star destroyers AND a planetary shied. Yeah, other than those two things, it was pretty good. I think I liked it better than ep 7.

Honey I blew up the kids

So many people didn't get that it was a fucking satire though...

You're just disappointed because it was over your potato head

/thread

I don't care if it it's a movie or not. I can still feel the pain.

This. The first one was so great, but the second two were such bullshit pandering excuses for kids films it's not even funny.

lol?

The chinaman was actually really good in Ip Man, though. They just put him in a terrible fucking movie.

I remember seeing a very short fan tribute to transformers.

newgrounds.com/portal/view/5136

> Good old NG in its golden days.

The most common complaint is about how there are a lot of scenes that feel like they're the last scene, but then there's another one. I don't remember them all, or the order, but there are at least four scenes that could have worked as endings.

Frodo waking up in Rivendell with the Fellowship coming in and meeting him

The ceremony in Gondor where everyone bows to the hobbits

The scene in the bar where the hobbits are seemingly going back to their old lives

Sam finding the book and Frodo's message about how Sam should right his story now

Then Frodo getting on the boat with Bilbo

im glad most people dont realize this garbage exist

I wanted to argue that this went against the spirit of the thread, but every single one of those movies is sort of a sequel or prequel.
Huh.

I felt the same way about toy story 3. It could have ended in the dump incinerator, with Andy, at the daycare... It just wouldn't end.

ah, yes.. now I get it. I like them all, though.

The incinerator would have been a weird ending for that series. I liked the ending of that one, but I haven't seen it since it came out though, so maybe it had the same issue.

The incinerator would have been metal. I was just ready for it to end, honestly.

Am i the only one who fucking loved Alien Resurrection?

sin city a dame to kill

yes

no, but i might be in the minority of loving them all from alien to covenant. they all have flaws but even prometheus was a good watch imo.

NOOOOO. This movie was awesome. So ridiculous and fun. Should've been more mature and R rated though.

What did you think of the next one? I thought they were both fun, they just shouldn't have been sequels to Die Hard

the ending was kino but they haaad to make more

Prometheus was a glorified scifi monster slasher with almost no narrative or characters. It was a shame.

It opened the series so it could be both, you can have Ridley Scott slasher type movie and you can have James Cameron Action, Im hoping Cameron comes back like he is for Terminator

You're retarded, revolutions was the one that wasn't great
Reloaded was actually pretty fuckin decent
>plus it spawned the PS2 game The Matrix: Path Of Neo (unfortunately at the end of the Playstation 2's life cycle)
>that game was crack

The first one was shit, but I can't imagine what they thought would make a decent sequel

I like Godfather Part II but the movies are really that good, this movie is defs terrible

it was a glimpse of how the alien series started

you're fucking crazy. The first one was great

and the first one was good?

You're a retarded movie goer.