My son died from SIDS a week ago. I'm devastated, so is my wife. We can no longer look each other in the eyes...

My son died from SIDS a week ago. I'm devastated, so is my wife. We can no longer look each other in the eyes. Is this marriage salvageable?

just like make another one are you retarded lol

You need to talk it out with each other. It's the only way to move forward. Honor your shared grief.

I'm so sorry.

SIDS is a blanket term used to cover an infantile death. What did he actually die of?

this is what happened to most kids a little over 100 years ago

Do like they did then, have more sex and another kid

no lol

Dying of SIDS is like saying dying of death.

One of you probably forgot to keep the baby on its back and it suffocated in its crib or something. Nice try but maybe babies aren't your thing.

You should dig it up and rebury it in the old Indian graveyard

If it hasn't been long since birth you can shove the dead baby back in your wife's pussy and it will re-grow.

so... couples therapy and time before you can even ask that question realistically right?

Dig him up and stuff his body to use as a coat hanger, Your parties would be so cool

Drink the blood of your dead baby to regain vitality.

Paramedic here. Have attended one of these jobs, one of the worst ever. The parents were making terrible animal noises, they weren't even human anymore. The babies siblings were about 3 and 5. They knew their little brother was dead but also had no idea what that meant. They were terrified seeing their parents reaction. Didn't like us being in their home either. Will always remember that job.

Sorry for your loss dude. Its too fresh, its too raw. You are doing stuff on autopilot. You guys can get through this, many do, but you know shits gonna be tough. All the best to you bro.

First and foremost - get the fuck out of here and seek real, professional help if you are truly serious about keeping your relationship.

please tell this story in detail, sounds very fucking intriguing

I'm sorry to hear about this OP. Of course its salvageable. But it won't be easy. I would recommend therapy as a couple (as opposed to couples' therapy). You might be surprised what happens in time. You have been through the fires of hell together - and that will forge a bond harder than steel. But it will take time OP. Until that time, be patient. Never snap at her. Never try to 'solve' her problems. Listen to her, tell her how you feel. And above all, be kind to yourself. I'm behind you, OP, and I'm rooting for you and your wife. Good times will come again. Not soon. But they will come.

You lucked out. Kid probably would have been autistic and would have been a low t soyboy. Fuck your wife she won't get as high a pay out without kids so divorce now. Never too late to reinvent yourself OP. Do you really think it's going to get better or are you just delusional? If you think it's bad now just remember that it can always get worse. Go have some fun OP and don't become your parents. Life is an oyster so shuck and slurp it down. Look on the bright side and dump that bitch. She will probably kill herself if you do it now and then maybe you can get some life insurance and then you won't have to ever deal with her again.

Yeah, make another one and this time don’t have him circumcised. Maybe he won’t die from your poor decisions

> be real green, only about 2nd month on the job
> 6:30am get a job on the MDT - a 9 which is cardiac arrest, pt 2 month old male
> job details are standard, found by parents is blue, cold, they're refusing to do CPR, call taker can't get any further info
> pull up at address, run down house in poor area
> I jump out partner parks up
> can hear screaming from inside
> bang on door, no answer just screaming still
> finally door opens, its a little girl in nightie she's crying
> ask where is baby, she points down the hall
> strange, baby in cot all by himself, parents at other end of house
> he's cold, definitely status 0, but do what we have to
> what we are doing is pointless
> dad finally walks in, he's pacing around
> making low gutteral noise, like a bear that's been caught in a trap
> never heard a human make that noise, not even since, still makes my hairs stand up
> partner talks to him, nothing, no answer, dude is vacant
> finally second unit turn up, they take over
> my boss, the tango unit turns up too, he tells me to go outside get some fresh air and ask comms for police assistance as they're about to 'call it'
> stand in front yard, lots of neighbours gathered outside, someone asks me what's going on
> I ignore him
> mums still screaming
> shit don't wanna stand out here, don't wanna go in either
> do walk in, realise in all this confusion and chaos, babies brother and sister are sitting in the lounge hugging each other crying
> no one has even paid attention to them or really explained what's going on
> I sit with them and talk a little
> say things I should never say, break protocols, but then I'm knew at this and no idea how to sugar coat things to little kids
> they look terrified every time mum screams they start crying
> break news to parents, baby is deceased we can't do anything
> grandparents arrive all shit kicks off again
> pack our things, head out to the truck, police stay with family
> as I walk out look at the girl, I nearly cry

This. Great post.
Time. Needs time.

No storm lasts forever.

Look at it this way: it may be sad for you, but at least it's a party for all the little wormies!

Fuck dude. That's sad as hell.

My lifelong dream is to become a paramedic. No matter what happens, you guys are always there. I want to be someone that can be counted on to save a life. You are doing Gods work user.

According to House, SIDS is a term used when they just don't know what it died of.

I have a 3+ month old sleeping right now.
I can't imagine my life without her.
I feel for you bro.
Your marriage might be done, it's all about the strength and resolve you each have. Use all your resources like counselors. Not Sup Forums. Sup Forums only has sympathy for cats, not humans.

>SIDS
bump

a/

Make sure to plant some seed in it too so it can grow big and strong in there, and of course some natural fertilizer on top once your done with that

Marriage is over OP, sorry to hear about your baby though makes me sad everytime it happens.

Sorry, user. I have no idea what you're going through, but when my son was (mis)diagnosed with autism, I read it strains your marriage as badly as a child death. Fortunately he was fine, but it did the marriage in pronto. I'd recommend counseling ASAP.

>We can no longer look each other in the eyes. Is this marriage salvageable?

Get grief counseling.

Is that like aids