Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that this is their best album?

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that this is their best album?

>dust settled
>2009 album
greatest bait mate

So fucking happy this is getting the praise it always deserved. Science Fiction has seemed to somehow bring more BN fans into the fold which is a good thing.

yes

Daisy posting went up 1000 % when SF came out

TDAG>SF>DAISY>>>DEJA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>YFW

TDAG>Daisy>SF=Deja>>>>>YFW

Don't (You) me YFW is only praised cause you listened to it a lot in middle school

TDAG is better but its pretty close

TDAG > YFW > Deja > SF > Daisy > FOYD

All above 8/10

>Science Fiction
holy fuck they released another album
looking forward to listening to it

>holy fuck they released another album
Where the fuck have you been the last month?

No but its still 10/10

Second best after SciFi

YFW has some real bangers on it though.

Daisy=TD&G>SciFi>Leaked Demos>Deja>YFW

Its god tier user

>YFW has some real bangers on it though.
So don't apologize
I HOPE YOU CHOKE AND DIE

Ahem

SciFi>Daisy>TDAG>Deja>YFW

OH what a great week you are about to have

listening to ska and math rock
is it THAT good?
i really liked their past albums and listened to them something like 30 times each [spoiler]really liked them[/spoiler]

All of the Shower Scene is pretty great too.

How do poeple feel about Kevin Devine joining them for the tour? He's played with them on both of their shows so far and isn't touring when they're playing the big run of shows later on.

Its THAT good my man

>How do poeple feel about Kevin Devine joining them for the tour
Never listened to his music but I don't like just from hearing about him. But if Jesse is cool with him he's probably alright. Cool to have your friend join in on the band.

I saw him live once as a support for Front Bottoms (nostalgic reasons, not that into em) he put on a really good show, but none of his recorded stuff seems to be that good.

Do you guys think Brand New will play Europe mainland before ending the band? They are gonna play UK but have no known plans for rest of Europe.

I wanna see Brand New live one time before they end it.

you're a newfag AND a retard

Can't speak on the UK, but they are pretty great live. Definitely worth it if they travel anywhere near you.

It's obvious bait you're the retard

Yeah, the big banners all said 2000-2018, the last tour is going to be next year. That said I'm gonna go to as many as possible (realistically Glasgow, London and Edinburgh are the only ones I can go to without having to stay in hotels or whatever).

just got through first song from SF
really enjoyed daisy's storytelling feel and dynamics, hope this album has that nice feeling too
seems im on an another long ride

they released a new album you fucking retard, of course there would be discussion about what their best album is

no you're retarded

The first response is bait that an 2009 album isn't old enough to have the dust settled against the meme that an 1 hour old leak is old enough to have their dust settled

Any chance of them coming to canuckland? Ill be pissed if I miss out

what the fuck are you talking about

this guy is not a newfag and a retard he's memeing the dust settled after 20 minutes meme

GOD TOLD ME TO LOVE THE BOMB

>Glasgow, London and Edinburgh are the only ones I can go to without having to stay in hotels or whatever
So lucky

Daisy is a 10/10

Their best album...

I mean between SciFi, Daisy and TDAG its hard to choose just one. All are perfect

Its never going to stop.....

Goooooooood is dead
The whale said
Get out of my head
Get out of my head

>a great week
>because of a fucking album

GOD IS LOVE

Don't reply to me ever again.

This is how I feel too. Don't get where the Deja love comes from. It's alright, but nothing special.

If it makes you feel better they probably won't do all three, I hope they would cause last time they played the Usher Hall in Edinburgh and that place is fantastic

Let's say I fly over for the UK show. Would the Edinburgh show be the best show to catch?

Pretty sure all the UK dates are sold out
I think of the 3 coming up, the best one would probably be dublin(? somewhere in Ireland) cause its the smallest but they're only playing Glasgow and London in mainland UK, Glasgow is a smaller venue (but really at the size they are it barely matters as neither are actually small gigs) and personally I prefer Scottish crowds to London crowds as they have better energy.

>Pretty sure all the UK dates are sold out
Dublin show seems to be the only one not sold out

GET OUT OF MY HEAD

no standing left I think, but probably better than paying for a scalped ticket.

>YFW haters

get out of my brand new thread, right now

SciFi >= TDAG >= Daisy > Deja > YFW

Their final three albums all have rather different pros and cons but roughly work out to similar quality. I think TDAG has some amazing storytelling centered around the central concept, while Daisy is their most aggressive and technically proficient album. SciFi is more reserved and a whole lot more mature sounding for a more cohesive album overall.

Those three are at least a personal 9/10 to me. Deja is great as well but not as refined, which is one of the reasons I actually do like it quite a lot. YFW is a good album but it doesn't reach the heights of the others.

Deja is just warm and comfortable and evokes some bittersweet feelings for me.

I love everything Brand New put out, but Deja just has a special place in my heart. That album has been with me for a long time and it never fell off.

I don't think I could ever rank Sci Fi higher than any other album for how they close the album alone. What a poor, final track Batter Up is.

i can agree w you op, let's be friends

Dude Batter Up is the steongest closer theyve had. The way it slowly fades every instrument away, like the bands dying and fading. A perfect goodbye

I thought Daisy was more consistent but TDAG's best songs were way better than Daisy's best songs. Therefore I prefer TDAG.

new album is mediocre at best wtf? best momments?

(you)

What
Batter Up is great.

Aside from Play Crack the Sky probably my favorite Brand New closer

Never gave Brand New a listen but holy shit this cover looks incredible. Got me more interested than everything I've heard about the band before.

Theyre very good. I recommend starting at the beginning of their disco

I mean if you want to really mislead someone, then yeah start at the beginning.

Otherwise just start with Deja

I honestly forgot YFW, yeah I meant Deja

honest question desu, but I come from loving TDAG only but go ahead and (you) me away

Im seeing alot of contrarian hate man

nah I was ready to love it then found nothing appealing on it, 1st half mainly some kind of soft punkrock with weak melodies and weak lyrics

best momments?

>NOT JUST A MANIC DEPREEEEEEESSIVE

>[buildup and final chorus of 137]

>BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER UP

>its a contrarians pretend that daisy is better than deja episode

they've improved with literally every album

SciFi > Daisy > The Devil and God = 2006 Demos > Deja > YFW

HOLDING A MIC TO THIS PILLAR OF SALT

Agrred, im glad theyre quitting with such a good legacy rather than burning out

this album is GOAT as all hell

wasn't until i moved here 4 years ago that i ever met anyone who liked brand new, and all the ones who did, now my best friends, just shit on this album over and over again while bringing up deja entendu

its always relevant to say that in highschool, my crush loved brand new, so i listened to their music. It went something to the effect of:

>me: hey, i listened to brand new, i really liked them! I loved the devil and god, and daisy.
>her: oh i like their first album the best

i realized then and there that we were not meant to be together cause she was a pleb, and I, a patrician