Ask a 22 year old 2 year alcoholic sober for 4 days anything

Ask a 22 year old 2 year alcoholic sober for 4 days anything.

Are you depressed?

They don't even make that anymore

If you plan on staying sober, good on you OP.

I want to stay sober. I am anxious about not being drunk now..

Is that what happened??

Why are you going sober instead of tapering off? How long have you been drinking? Have you sought any professional help like a doctor or therapist?

I've been drinking a lot lately and I'm trying to not drink every day anymore. Today was the first day in weeks that I haven't drank. These next few days are going to be tough..
Good luck OP. You're not alone.

Three months here. You can do it!

Fuck, I had to look that up, 151 was my staple feels forgetting rum, nothing fucks me up harder.

>>>
I hope to end up in a place where I can have a few drinks 1 night every couple weeks, or maybe even go months without drinking. I dont want to give it up entirely , but currently when I drink, I drink 13-17ounces in a couple hours, often 10 hours before work and I hate being drunk at work. I hope that answers your question. Also, I've noticed changes in my appearance that turns me off... and I tribute a lot of it to 2 years of 12-20 ounce daily drinking.

^^well, drinking 13-20 ounces 6-10 hours before work

I grayed early from the physical and emotional stress of drinking too much in my early twenties. Mid 30s now, with two OUIs under me, my best advise is this, keep it simple;

>Only go out with 30 bucks (twenty if its a cheap dive and you dont tip)
>Always be doing something while your out, pool, darts, cards, deck games, anything that lets you do have a bit to drink but not end up doing nothing.
>Don't drink alone. Seriously.

Those are the three things I do, usually i hit my wall where I can have a good buzz once or twice a week and not be obliterated or hung over or worse. You'll get there. Oh, stay away from AA or NA. There's nothing scientifically proven about it, and they both deal heavily on a guilt binge/cycle factor that makes your return to drinking 100 times worse.

started a closet drinker. Keep it on the DL but am not proud of myself. No one knows how serious my problem is. Been to DA with a friend recovering from Molly Addiction, the setting isnt for me.

amateur, get back to me when you are at least 20 years alcoholic

Does a rum and coke sound good to you right now

I know, I work with lifelong alcoholics. I got nothing on them. I just want to start to fix the problem.

I'm a shots guy. Coke helps me put weight on. I gained 30 pounds in 2 months( 3 weeks with cola) of Rum and Coke.

Why do you choose to abuse alcohol instead of more fun downers like opiates or benzos?

I've always heard once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic. I think I can get myself back into a moderate drinker. I never take meds. Not even when I'm ill. I just sleep it off. I do smoke pot.

Why are you being such a pussy about it

because it's so easy to drink

thank you for your encouragement. Day 5 incoming

Exact same situation here op, except it's been 2 months for me. I feel alot better now, I kinda had forgotten who I was for a while. Hope you stick with it bro, good luck.

Do you think you'll reach 10 days?

good for you ive been sober off weed for almost 2 years now im not supposed to be drinking but i have and i find beer and even some mixed drinks dont even get me a buzz anymore like i had two irish coffees at dennys and was expecting a buzz and nothing i just drink for taste now but im sure 151 would work if it didnt my mind would be blown