Post cool maps

Post cool maps

germany never won a world war
Greece never lost a world war

Not interesting, just some fat neckbeard's fantasy.

Really made my neurons fire

This always activates my ananas

how did they even get this data

Roman tax reports I suppose

im sure romans would have documented things such as income in order to tax it

You know a map is trash if estonia is better than Greece.

that is like the best definition of eastern europe

Estonia has advanced so quickly in the last 10 years it's not even surprising

spada isnt the commonly used one tho
youll hear sabie more often

Wow, didn't know Yugoslavia, Hungary and especially Greece suffered so much.

but we are speaking of estonia

catholics are false christians

whites destroyed Byzantium
now muslims destroy them

I am Greek got triggered? That's a shit statistics. Estonians have one of the lowest reported cases of AIDS in Europe. The Russians in Estonia are ridden with AIDS

What's the source for that map? Because Wikipedia says Estonia's WW2 casualty rate was around 25%, whereas that map says it's "only" 2-5%.

1 of 4 people in estonia are russians
you are aids ridden people

This one will make you go "hmmm"

nevermind, I just rechecked and that 25% number is no longer on Wiki, so it must have been bullshit. Instead, Wiki now suggests 7.3%, with an Estonian state commission being the source used. So that map still seems to have dubious numbers.

loldova dragged you down

Around 1900, people in Northern Germany were still speaking Low German as their native language and would learn German as a second language in school, although already at primary school.

Is Low German like Dutch? Why were there so many different dialects of German back in the day?

>that poland
heh, nothen personel

> Is Low German like Dutch?
Yes, it's closer to Dutch and English because it hasn't undergone certain sound shifts that High German did. It has some different words and slightly different grammar as well.
Also note that Low German is a different language with its own diaclets, descended from Old Saxon.

Examples of words in High German, Low German (Holstein dialect, kind of the standard) and English:

Schiff - Schipp - ship
Katze - Katt - cat
Flasche - Buddel - bottle
klein - lütt - little

Low German has some unique words too, e.g. "Waterkant" (coast, lit. "water edge") and "Blinkfüer" (lighthouse, lit. "blinking fire").
By the way, I can't speak it very well or fluently.

>Is Low German like Dutch?
Low German can be considered a collection of different dialects, to which the Frankonian dialects are included. Dutch is a direct descendant of Frankonian, so yes.
>Why were there so many different dialects of German back in the day?
Well why wouldn't they be? The German language is fairly recent. Without schools, writing norms, etc, basically everybody spoke their own language. That's how we had and still have different Germanic dialects and languages, but think also about Celtic, Slavic and Baltic languages too.

>Flasche - Buddel - bottle
These do not have the same origin. Flasche is germanic but bottle is from latin.

That's the point. I wanted to show that some Low German words have cognates in English but not in High German.

I thought you were showing the sound shifts. All the other examples are related.

I was showing both.

Cool.

>Ireland

>mapache
thats slang for nigger here. didnt know it meant racoon

bump

>Czechia gets Bavaria
>Not Austria

wut

wtf french brownpanters!

>and those income tax notes were carefully copied and brought to us by Arabs and monasteries

Breivik would be proud.
...oh wait

Greece fought a war against Italy and won, then Italy called in Germany to save them and Germany overran the Greeks in like a month. During the occupation the Greek resistance continued to fight guerrilla battles especially in the mountains and islands like Crete.

that's a big china

argentina should’ve been colored blue, due to the nazi disporia

the homeland my ancestors (and argies' ancestors mostly) fought for in the Cisplatine War
In August 25th of 1825 the political leaders of what is now Uruguay declared independence from the Empire of Brazil and the reunification of the eastern bank (what's now Uruguay) with the rest of the United Provinces. That never happened but we still celebrate August the 25 as our '''independence day'''.

Unironically it was all a Brit/Brazilian plot to avoid a single country controlling the Rio de la Plata estuary and the formation of another regional power