Should I buy this gun? It's 800 with 3 mags, an awesome carrying bag with pockets for the mags, a laser sight...

Should I buy this gun? It's 800 with 3 mags, an awesome carrying bag with pockets for the mags, a laser sight, and spring loaded flip up sights. Also the barrel is heavy duty so it doesn't warp when firing hundreds of rounds.
Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_carbine
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Personally I would build my own

if youre expecting anything from someone who actually knows something then try giving more information or a link to the gunbroker page if it is on there

if you dont care about that then yeah itll probably be a lot of fun to shoot if you dont already have one

That's actually pretty cheap if it's 5.56mm. If it's a .22 don't bother

Yeah, buy the gun. You're afraid all the time, right? This gun will make you brave and strong.

if you look at the bcg then you would see if it 5.56

>projecting this hard

no. Overpriced for what it is. The AR market is flooded with cheap ARs. HBAR doesn't make much sense for most casual shooters. I have one, but I have an Echo Trigger in that AR as well.

Get an ak47 fag

what's the caliber?

>deflecting this hard

And there's that faggot that doesn't get the idea of firearms being about anything other than some low tier masculinity shit.

Jesus Christ that thing is an abomination
how about no. you can get a perfectly good m4 style Windham for $550

If you love clearing jams go for it. Just make sure you buy some peanut butter too.

fucking shills cut it out

Fuck that. You can buy a really nice AK for that much.

It's not a .22 it's a 223 cannot fire 556 ammo but it's the same caliber. It's straight military. Ammo costs more than 556, but who cares.
Nah I'm not afraid. I actually want a semi auto shotgun more.
Ya what should I ask for it? It's pretty good quality. It's much better value than any guns at Vances. Also I plan on getting an echo trigger for it.

>m4 style Windham for $550
Where the fuck do you live? I need to go there

$650 at most. But new ARs can be found in the $500 range.

Redwood City, but this is on gunprime

I want an AK as well, but this thing is much more wieldy with its light weight steel design. This weapon is directly from the military.
Can't... It's not exactly a retail gun. What makes you think it will jam? I've bought guns from this guy before and they are very reliable.

wait are you buying or selling this retarded abortion of a rifle?

Ya the 500$ ones at the gun store are shit tier compared to this. This is designed to fire hundreds of rounds in a row without jamming or overheating. Cheap ARs at gun stores don't compare.

Okay, so I live in the bay too. Here's what you need to know about buying online. Per CA law, they have to ship to a local gun shop, that gun shop charges a fee, usually between 2&3 hundred just to accept the gun for you. You still have to wait the 7-10 day period, and they have to make the gun CA legal, which adds more to the price (about 100 or so more) then you get charged sales tax. You're better off going to Reno for a gun show and buying there

in my experience 556 is more expensive than 223 and 556 is the military shit

guns and food are the only tangible assets we can own. Buy away. Never regret the purchase of either.

I really hope this thread is bait, this is an incredibly shitty gun, if someone tried to give it to me for free, I would say no thanks, not worth the transfer and background fee

I'm considering buying it. I won't get much use out of it though, that's why I hesitate.
I want more pistols in all sincerity.

no that is pretty over priced, you can get premade ones for 500-600 ruger ar 556 or smith and wesson m&p 15

or colt 6920

Ask yourself this, is it really going to make a difference at all?

yeah Cali sucks, but this is where the work is. I don't shoot ARs, I just know what they cost. I have some real gunz stored out of state but mostly I shoot my cmp garand (featureless ftw). maybe I'll see you at the k meetup around new years

This gun isn't legal in CA because of some of its features. Fortunately I'm not there.
This is the opposite of what I've been told by people that own 556 ARs. 556 is NATO and 223 is usmc & army.
Transfer and background what? I'm not in some liberal pussy state, none of that nonsense. Shit comes as is. I can get literally anything.

bro, you can have the non CA legal guns in your home, as long as they were bought legally. The demicucks haven't fucked us that hard yet...

Make? Model? Aftermarket parts? How many rounds have been through it?

$800 seems a bit much for a used AR in this market. Unless it's something really nice you might be able to find something cheaper. I buy and trade gun shit all the time. The holidays are upon us and if you look around you might be able to find someone making a desperation sale to scrounge up some money for Christmas. I love the holidays for this very reason. The end of the month when all the bills are due is also a good time.

Ya but those won't come with these mods. Thanks for your advice though I'll check out those models before I make my decision.

USA is part of NATO. 223 is for civilian use

No make or model. Part of it says FAB defense. As far as I know it's only been test fired.

I know at least four people with ARs they bought at regular gun stores and they are all 556. So it seems unlikely that you are right.

>556 is NATO and 223 is usmc & army

5.56 NATO is loaded to higher pressures. You shouldn't shoot 5.56 from a .223 barrel. Also, the bullets are slightly different. That's why .223 Wylde barrels exist.

So why would you buy something without knowing what it is? What "mods" have been made to it that make you think it's worth paying this much for it? Those flip ups could be cheap pieces of shit. The rail could be some Under The Gun trash. In my opinion quad rails are unnecessarily heavy and MLOK or KEYMOD are the way to go if you're going to get a free float (I prefer MLOK). If he built this himself from the cheapest parts he could find then the BCG could be some cheap piece of shit. Barrel could be cheap piece of shit. Pretty much the whole thing could be worth dick. The magwell grip is garbage, you'll never hold the gun once you start shooting on a consistent basis.

I would hold off if I were you. You could even build your own, better rifle for $800, and gain some valuable experience assembling your rifle yourself and learning how it works. It's your money though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_carbine
"The M4 carbine is a shorter and lighter variant of the M16A2 assault rifle. The M4 is a 5.56×45mm NATO, air-cooled, direct impingement gas-operated, magazine-fed carbine. It has a 14.5 in (370 mm) barrel and a telescoping stock."

Civilian variants aka AR-15 can be chambered for the civilian .223 remington cartridge.

556 barrels will accept 223 ammunition.
223 barrels will be damaged with 556 ammunition

ok sir you got me. there can be no doubt this is a troll. was pretty funny though. I wish you fair trolling in the future

556 is not cheaper than 223. You’re a dumb asshole if you think this.

And since it won’t handle the higher pressures of a 556 cartridge, you always have to worry about you or one of your faggot buddies cycling 556 through it.

Nobody can tell you if $800 is a decent price unless you tell us who made the upper and the receiver.

>$800

No. That's a $500 weapon.

Are you retarded? Military uses 5.56 ball ammunition. 2 secs on google will tell you this. .223 is the "civilian equivalent". They are almost the exact same round. If a rifle is marked for 5.56 it will also shoot .223. Technically a rifle marked for .223 will shoot 5.56 aswell but you arent really supposed to.

To elaborate

no-name lower/upper receiver
shitty short/heavy quad rail
plastic iron sights
airsoft bags are not an incentive
30rd mags are $9 each

WTF is that faggy Tacticool grip on the magwell?

Ya I'll disassemble it and see what the parts are. Do the math myself. The parts were "taken" from a military base is what I was told. It was definitely very wieldy. I was shouldering it and spinning around pretty easily.
Thanks for the advice though,ill do the research on the parts.

5.56 mm is what the military uses. .223 caliber is damn near the exact same round, but 5.56 is loaded to higher pressures. .223 is the "civilian" equivalent to 5.56, but civilians can own both. Most people prefer AR's chambered for 5.56 because these chambers are made to withstand the higher pressures of this round. If your AR is rated for 5.56, you can safely shoot .223 rounds out of it since they are lower pressure. If you have an AR made for .223, you can still shoot 5.56 out of it, but you run the risk of wrecking your rifle, maybe even having it explode. Most companies that make .223 AR's understand that people may shoot 5.56 out of it, and the steel used in these barrels is usually decent enough that your rifle won't explode. If you buy some cheap ass piece of shit .223 AR then you might not be so lucky. Either way, when you shoot 5.56 out of a .223 AR the chamber pressures are far higher than they're supposed to be, and your rifle wasn't made to withstand that kind of abuse so you shouldn't do it.

You're trolling right? Please tell me you are. You're just pretending to be retarded.

It's all steel actually. Not plastic sights. Thanks for the contribution though.

Dude those are plastic magpul popups.....

Ya that talks me out of it. I want higher pressure if I get anything. Thanks bro. I'm getting my grandpa's AR with a bayonet when he dies soon anyways.

basic mbus sights are spring loaded, but are not steel.

the mbus pros are made of steel, but they are not on the rifle pictured.

Also do you know how hard is is to take equipment off a military base? As in once something is found to be missing the shit gets locked down. When I was at Benning the entire base got locked down for a pair of NVGs...

I felt them and they were steel. That's not worth arguing over though, others already convinced me I should get a 556 instead.

You should not own firearms....

You should get an airsoft gun at most.

No..but I've definitely seen stuff from them... My friends know many dishonorably discharged people though.

Too late. I already own multiple untraceable firearms. Cry about it.

>really nice
>AK
Pick one. Fuck off with your sandnigger weapons.

Sure thing buddy. And I bet your buddy tells you how they stolen grenades and shit hidden out for a bad day.

God damn man it is a Russian weapon.

Nah no grenades.

Ya Russians make good AKs actually. I like AKs more symbolically for some reason.

Op here

Goodnight. Thanks for talking me out of it. I'll get something else instead.

Serbians do too.

>taking the b8

Yo what school you going to shoot up op? I need to know nikka!

Get the 5.56 but only cycle 300 blackout thru it, its the best ammo for it and very accurate.

Op here
Never going to shoot anyone. Just a toy.

Found the faggot that went to the sandbox instead college... or did neither and didn't graduate high school.

This wasn't bait btw. Legitimately wanted to know what to look for.