What's the point of buying a monosynth if you don't have a fetish for vintage gear?

what's the point of buying a monosynth if you don't have a fetish for vintage gear?

Sounds different

is the ms20 the best mono on the market for its price rn?

what's point of buying a hardware when you can download the same software synth?

>muh authentic vintage aged filters
Oh, come on. You know there's no difference, it's all wishful thinking

it looks cool and you can touch it

you don't even have to have a software synth, you can make a decently fat farty sawtooth on pretty much anything

Why fuck pussy when you can just jackoff?

workflow. some find it easier to actually touch things

in terms of features and being semi-modular, yes.
it would cost you $2000 to get a two-oscillator two-filter modular set up with as much functionality as a $250 ms20

but it sounds like shit imho, noisy gritty piece of dirt

I have a Microbrute and I love it because I can physically twist a few knobs and have an interesting sound within seconds. It's just a lot less frustrating to me than all the clicking and menu diving of working with a softsynth. Having some limitations is nice as well because it forces you to work with what you have.

As for the mono part, I don't really find myself ever wanting a poly. I guess it's like somebody choosing to play a wind instrument instead of keys.

>it's all wishful thinking
then why are all 303 software emulators trash?

microbrute is relatively inexpensive and highly portable, yet some people prefer to get a bulkier, more expensive option

are you having a hard time remembering that some people record music in their studios and might value the sound over the portability and cost in that case?

>are you having a hard time remembering that some people record music in their studios
those people aren't you.

tell me why I shouldn't get a minilogue

i don't see how the sound justifies the price tag.

>303
lol
because there's nothing to emulate

i don't want to fuck everything i buy

>being this retarded

better for live sets ya hermits

Then why do guys like Eric Persing say they sound different even though he runs a software company?