Depressed will be playing Super Mario Sunshine to cheer myself anything I can do to make this feels go away?

Depressed will be playing Super Mario Sunshine to cheer myself anything I can do to make this feels go away?
Thanks in advance

I'm kind of in the same boat; been feeling really emotional lately and just want to drown my feels in a comfy movie or something. (i'm thinking either a Rocky move or some comedy)

my dog is like so dead rn it's unbelievable

I hope everything gets better soon :)

Call him a good boy/girl :) hope he gets better soon :)

Hey man, same to you. That means a lot to me at the moment.

That's awful to hear, dude. Makes me think of my dog from years ago, we had to get rid of him because he was getting old and my parents just didn't want to care for him anymore. I've always regretted letting them do that because he was one of my only true friends at the time, and I know there was more I could have done to prevent it.

Sometimes talking to someone you trust helps and someone who understands. Also wish I had my old systems still but don't have anything but my phone atm

Exercise, stop eating junk food, go outside and realize that she's not that special and therefore not worth obsessing over.

Fuck you got me crying. I don't have any friends who would understand my situation
Thanks Everyone for replying

wish I had friends who would understand tried but it made things worse

hey Sup Forumsuddys i hope you all doing good, ive had a rough time recently myself but life gets better , always does, wont be good forever but the good always comes!

Depression is weird man. It makes you not want to do exactly what you should do to make yourself feel better. Whatever it is that that depression is blocking you from, go do that thing; you’ll fell better

Yes this game will be a good time did a play through about two years ago

break the disc in half when you lose

Makes me think of that one Bob Ross quote. I'm too lazy to google it right now but it goes something like "we all need a little darkness in our lives so that we'll know when the good times come."

On a semi-related note, I think people in general just feel more pressure around this time of year. Winter has always been associated with death, since before humans even walked this Earth. I think we all have a primal urge to prepare for winter that makes us reflect on all of the things we didn't manage to get done throughout the year. Up until the last 100 years or so, a single fluke made during the other seasons could spell certain death come winter, so I think it's only natural for us to feel at least a little depressed right now.

Sorry, I really didn't mean to sound so morbid, it was just my attempt to rationalize what I'm going through at the moment.

Try an antidepressant. I just got welbutrin and i feel incredible

Play melee, play through it casually. Then start to practice basic tech skill, then netplay others online.
>play Nintendo game
>learn a skill you can improve upon
> win and feel victory, lose and learn humility
>git gud
>?????
>profit
Also melee as an esport is endless entertainment

Meditation also works wonders, even if for only 10 minutes a day. It's definitely not a short-term solution, though, and you actually have to work at it sincerely in order to see results. I've been reading a lot about Buddhist philosophy and the rationale behind meditation in recent years, and it has definitely taught me how to live in the moment and to cultivate a sort of "whatever happens, happens" mentality.

Melee is honestly the only e-sport I've ever found entertaining, probably because I played it as a kid and understand the game more intimately than games like Overwatch or LoL. There is also not as much drama in that community compared to other fighting games, which is nice.

Also, yes, definitely learn a technical skill. If anyone here is in school and will have time over Christmas break, I urge you to pick up something like networking or web development since those fields are paying really well right now. I can provide resources on how to get started if anyone is interested.

Please post them.

Pokémon go. The exercise helps, plus Pokémon.

Here's a pastebin of a post from another user talking about networking:

pastebin com/ujakivXn

For web developmnet, I would highly recommend going to w3schools com and reading through their courses on html, css, and javascript. These courses won't be all emcompassing, but they will give you a solid foundation to build upon.

More in a little bit.

Come to think of it, I remembered another pastebin from a dude talking about how to get a job doing web stuff:

pastebin com/mG4zbDQz

Bumping

want some real shit that will cheer you up?

Get into speedrunning and make Mario sunshine your bitch

Well, my field is web dev so I know more about that, but I will say it's good to have a solid foundation in programming as well. I would highly recommend finding a good book on Python scripting if you're an absolute beginner. My college classes used "Starting out with Python" and "Starting out with C++" as their introductory programming textbooks, so definitely check those out. Don't buy them, the PDFs can easily be found on google.

Did you pick up that language really quickly?

To be honest? No, it took me a whole semester to develop a good understanding of Python, and then another for C++. Any given programming language will take years to master, though, with all of their libraries and frameworks.

Programming in general is a lifelong pursuit.