If you share your own files on soulseek to prevent sassy automated messages from autistic users...

if you share your own files on soulseek to prevent sassy automated messages from autistic users, you are the literal definition of cucked.

>he doesn't share on soulseek
Fuck off freeloader

Soulseek is dead anyway

I share cp

coming from someone on this board I'm not surprised.

I do it because I like sharing hard to find music with others. Nothing to do with getting a message.

i share my slsk download folder lmao fucking idiots

You are a literal retard with no understanding of what a "cuck" is

>browsing users files
>large collection of zoophilia and cp
>report
>nothing happens

I download my own files through another computer so people think I'm sharing but actually I just keep my download list busy myself.

waaaah oh no you're going to send me an automated message personalised to make you seem authoritative over whether I should share my files or not because that's the only way you'l feel powerful!!! I'm so scared!!!!!

Am I the only one who just shares his whole music folder

it's not like many people download from me

>tfw never shared a single measly file
>tfw literally zero consequences

You forgot to go pick up your welfare check at the office Jamal. Might wanna hurry.

this. is there even a downside to sharing everything?

I share 27000 sheet music

really? because I find absolutely everything I look for on there, including 24-96 vinyl rips.

the fuck are you even talking about dipshit? I share my whole music folder and have never got any message besides a thank you and one guy promoting his band's album. Never anything automated

this is a joke, right
this doesn't actually happen, right

why wouldn't you share you files? serious answer requested.

Soulseek is fucking fantastic

i've been out of the loop for a year or 2 now, but what happened to what.cd? I was gonna try to gt in :(

this, I sincerely hope it doesn't get discovered by normies, it's gonna get shutdown for sure then.

>user blocks you while downloading his shit

implying I don't share one file from an obscure album that no one will never look up

They got raided by the frog police
The new website is literally named Redacted

>user waits for your download to finish before logging out

>user has the release of an album but on stereo
>ask for the mono mix of that same release
>user uploads it

damn bro, you should at least offer him a handjob for all his troubles

Vinyl rips are a fucking meme when a digital source is available. And if you weren't retarded you would know where to get torrents of vinyl rips, which is faster.

I get ASMR when people download from me so I just let them.

>Vinyl rips are a fucking meme when a digital source is available
nope
>you would know where to get torrents of vinyl rips
I do
>which is faster
most people I download from on soulseek are above 750mbs, only time I get better than that from torrents are really poplular shit, so try again you utter faggot. Regardless, why the fuck do I care if it takes an extra 20 minutes?
Chow down on a bag of dicks, rude pussy as bitch

Wow you're mad

It really isn't. Most of the files from bands/artists that aren't bait are transcodes or youtube rips.
Try joining a private tracker.

>user complements your "weird" music taste

Whoever has shared all my music on soulseek I actually love you

a little bit

>Most of the files from bands/artists that aren't bait are transcodes or youtube rips.
you're a fucking moron

who r u

And your taste consists of bait music and youtube recommendation-core.

>that guy that keeps downloading the album even though he has 2kb/s

I'm still working that out

>the first time i used soulseek years ago i opened dozens of instances of it
>i didn't realise it minimized to the notification are and not the taskbar
>freaked out every time it said "your account has been used to login to another computer"
i didn't deserve internet access

I do this.

Literal communist ideology fuck off

>Someone downloads tons of shit off your slsk
>They proceed to give all of it shit ratings on RYM

Vinyl is fine if you own it. But listening to an analog recording converted to a digital recording is just stupid. At that point it's lost it's "warmth" and all you're left with is permanent crackle and digitized surface noise that's dependent on someone else's table, which you can't verify the quality of.

>download soulseek
>SLSK appears in my shared users section
>delete soulseek and erase any evidence it was ever there
I'm still convinced I downloaded some kind of spyware

>only instance of an out of print album ever being available
>128kbps

i have a few albums shared

no one has ever downloaded them

ISPs are much more likely to report you for uploading than downloading, so I've shared a bit of local music.

It's a great source though, bollocks to all the usual "hurr well it's poo; I'm on a secret Eritrean tracker where I get all my second-wave Djentcore in raw audio formats".

ive been using it for 5 years now and never had any problems

>user downloads like 20 E6 related albums from me
>browse his profile
>he's sharing 1 file called "slsk share"

mmkay, gotta help the plebs i guess

ive seen it

>Only instance is an obvious transcode

Why do people upload music in poor audio quality? Or even worse, why do people upload transcodes? It just doesn't make sense to me.

No I'll just unshare with you

>somebody starts downloading from me
>they're not sharing anything
>block and ignoree

>use slsk for the first time
>try downloading something
>get an automated message telling me to share my stuff if I want to download anything
>shared a bunch of random albums I had and sent an apology to the guy I was downloading from
I'm sure he never read it, I legit thought someone got mad at me for a dumb mistake.

I feel so bad when there's someone downloading and I'm about to turn off the computer so I turn on the "Shut down after uploading" option - I'm not totally sure if that's how it's called but.. Yeah.

I don't have anything worthwhile to share. I recall one time somebody got angry with me because my music folder was nearly empty.

>about to go to sleep
>someone starts downloading shit from me

>that might have been me

What user? You know, so I can report him too

>share obscure album no one wants
>???
>profit

>only instance of a rare vinyl rip online
>it's in 90 kbps

>it's in 64kbps
>nowhere to be sold

user doesn't correctly tag the songs and you have to do manually

"hello, if you like noise rock/post hc in the style of drive like jehu, dazzling killmen and rodan download the glad husbands!!"

>someone is actually interested in the music you share
>you talk to them because it's a rare chance

explain how vinyl rips are better than 24bit web dls

>implying he isn't a kulak in this scenario

This is what I do to avoid the automated messages as well. I don't want any trouble from sharing stuff on big labels, plus tons of other people share that stuff anyway. I only share my most obscure music

legalizelove84

>user put arrows in the names of files preventing you from being able to download them despite them showing

more than half the time it's because the rip is like from 2001 when the ripper had like 10 gb space on his hdd so he had to choose the quality option that took the least amount of space on his pc

but I only share stuff that no one would ever want to download

this LITERALLY just happened to me

seedummy

>Tfw someone downloads an album you really like from you
Unironically makes my day. I have the client to run on startup because I love seeing what people have downloaded from me :3

why the fr*g isnt the long song on madness 5?

I share shit that I have, mostly live stuff or hard to find in FLAC but I would'nt think of preventing people from downloading it even if they didn't share any files. Files on the internet are not your property, don't be such an asshole.

I especially hate people who have stuff up and password protect it. Fuck off.

in what sense?

I just share a blank text document.

I don't understand this shit

Is there any danger whatsoever in sharing popular music on slsk? I just share my entire music folder but I don't want to be caught

None. it's a stupidly archaic service. It's 17 years old. Why on earth slsk became the best place to get music outside What.cd when its contemporaries, like Napster, died is beyond me.

Never heard of anyone getting in trouble over it. Shit like Piratebay is 100x worse.

This. Been using soulseek at least for 10 years. I dont even know how people download music now a days. Why soulseek never rose to Napster popularity is beyond me

Accidently shared my Documents folder. Meant to share just the Music. Caught some kid downloading all my stupid vacation photos, blocked him mid way..lmbo

Yo hook me up

I'm sharing everything and getting a LOT of downloads.

>tfw someone sends you a thank you message after downloading an album

>tfw you find a user with a ton of shows that you don't have
>start downloading some
>they go offline
>forever

that's actually hilarious

>the only one
That's pretty much what everyone does

just share an obscure folder so im never actually uploading and i dont have to ever see sassy messages

just be thankful that it's stayed under the radar
all it takes is one mainstream scandal for it to be ruined for everyone

there aint nothing wrong with the yt rec bar bitch