Do you think hardcore punk rock will make a comeback...

Do you think hardcore punk rock will make a comeback? The reason the punk movement was big in the late 80s and 90s was because of people's dislike in the government and a bit of fears of communism and all that.

These days I feel like things a lot of dislike for the current government especially in the us and with the rise of terrorism and all that I think punk rock movent will come back. And I mean real punk not shitty pop punk like green day

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KPfcEVcvpsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GBV6bu_LU-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If anything Green Day are more likely to release another rock opera in the style of American Idiot.

No, I hope it doesn't. Political songs in this day and age have the substance and language of a Buzzfeed article.

maybe, but if it does it's not because the president or the government are shit. tons of punk was apolitical, and hardcore didn't come back during the bush administration, which was just as shit if not worse.

youtu.be/KPfcEVcvpsQ

I would honestly en-debt myself $1 million to every artist for them all to never make a political song ever again. No one wants to hear your 'dude just be nice to everybody lmao' philosophy.

this

more like 'dude be nice to everybody unless they disagree with you.

This. I have no problem with political music, but 99% of political music released recently has just been unbearably terrible. No subtlety, no intelligence, no substance. All the focus is on getting their message across in the most overt way possible, none of the focus is on writing a good song.

hardcore punk all sounds very similar, what's the point in having a new band come out to make a song about hating drumpf that is going to sound like a fucking cover of Dead Kennedys or another older punk band shitting on the government of their time?

You'd think with all these antifa fags rioting in the streets they'd have a substantial music scene.

I respect Jello for keeping his lyrics relatively free from ideology.

Who sounds like the Dead Kennedys?

Most punk bands if you put a raging autist as their lead singer desu.

my first thought after the election was to start a punk band

No because Reagan was an establishment politician that the establishment pushed as a populist while Trump actually is a right-wing populist that shook up the establishment and caused a slowly moving coup in the executive branch. It's why comparing Trump to Hitler is simultaneously appropriate and cringey.

>I respect Jello for keeping his lyrics relatively free from ideology.

what?

Aren't antifa more about folk punk than anything? I thought they liked folk punk

>trump
>anti-establishment

>DUDE TRUMP LMAO
>literally every modern punk song

They had a few songs that were cynical of the left, California Uber Alles probably being the most popular.

Nowhere did I say Trump was anti-establishment. I said he was a populist. I have a B.A. in Political Science so don't even try debating me.

>They had a few songs that were cynical of the left

for not being leftie enough

>B.A. in Political Science

damn... a genius in our prescence

>Emaciated/skinnyfat nu-males and cookie cutter art hoes having the endurance to play hardcore punk
lol

>Pol Pot wasnt leftie enough

>implying that song wasn't targeting liberal yuppies

It never went away.
I'm not sure about any new bands, but Doom, and MDC are still around, and I believe so are the (U.K.) Subhumans. Definitely need some bands to speak out agains the injustices happening in the U.S.

I could imagine any nu-punk would just be about smoking weed, lgbt, and hating Drpnghlufg Drumnghtb
it'd be insufferable, even if I were to agree with them (I don't)

His lyrics are all much more libertarian and anti-establishment then "leftie".

He called Jerry Brown a "Zen Fascist" referring to the state of WW2 Japan.
>"Selflessness must be achieved, leave no room for the independence of the individual"
>Using the Buddhist concept of karma as an excuse for social inequality....
Sound familiar?

definitely need more foreigners not minding there own business

Rise against kind of does this but they arnt as punk as they used to

it was not big because of that, it was big because people rock (which was once rebellious/edgy) had become commercialized and mainstream, and people wanted a replacement

/thread

I feel like that was more the early 2000s tho. A lot of people hated regeal and there was the watergate scandle

If Donald Trump getting elected isn't enough to make a punk comeback, nothing is. "Conscious Hip Hop" is going to be the only valid form of musical protest for the rest of time.

hardcore punk still exists but ever since the mid 1980s its fragmented into subgenres, it still exists in huge amounts for you to find (my own local scene is filled with it) but i think a lot of people don't think of it anymore because of all the metal influence that has seeped into it and that there's no one main tract to follow for hardcore music anymore

Political punk is fucking stupid because punks don't know what the hell they want. Wow Jello, so critical of the government on both sides, and yet you want to fucking expand it. What a genius.

Punk is inherently anarchistic, and even then, 80% of these guys are anarcho-communists (i.e. in favor of a state that enforces communism).

It already has; look at Knocked Loose, Backtrack, and Kublai Khan.

Spoken like somebody who's never travelled outside of the North American continent.

i agree with fantano in that in todays landscape with quick access to social media its probably more effective to spread your political messages through social media rather than making a record about it, i feel like for example if i wanted to advocate single payer healthcare, id discuss the policy on my social media where my friends could see it, rather than shout single payer over and over into a mic in a studio for a few dozen people to hear on bandcamp, although i do think that this brings up the problem that mentioned, a lot of people don't really know what they want, people trying to be slacktivists on twitter usually don't have much of substance to say policy wise either, so it seems like a catch 22 on spreading the message, and I think hardcore punk music if it's going to be made should be made for the musicality of it rather than to spread a message because its usually inefficient

There is some good hardcore punk that isn't political. Black Flag for the most part doesn't get too political although they definitely do a lot of social critique.

Lol gtfo. A bachelor's degree is like a highschool diploma these days.

Is crust still a thing? Haven't been aware of whats going on since I became an adult a decade or so ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=GBV6bu_LU-Y

Fantano knows literally nothing about punk rock

Nope.

I really want to say absolutely not, everything being considered, and how long it's been, but then I remember that there's albums like The Shape of Punk To Come, which came in a time when the scene was almost completely dead. So, I will say, 95% sure it's not happening.

Kids these days have no balls. No way would hardcore punk come back today in the way it existed 30 years ago.

Are you guys really not aware that there's still a really big hardcore scene?

I honestly doubt the hardcore scene will ever die, even if it is a cult scene. It serves too many functions. It's literally the training ground for extreme metal. It's also an easy and accessible style for young guys that want to play aggressive music.

Honestly though, right now the neocrust and skramz scenes are a lot more interesting.

>I have a B.A. in Political Science so don't even try debating me.
Kek this is good
"I studied a thing so now I can't learn any more from any one"
You is one dumb-ass pig farmer.

Studing political science

Top kek

Real hardcore punk has always been around.
It never vanished, it's still in the underground like always. You people are just looking in the wrong places.

Punk has always been shitty, and their lyrics were always the same shallow garbage. It'll be even worse in this day and age because of the romantism associated with punk, it was always shit

Also if you are in a band and want to get famous, don't play hardcore punk.

go check out your local scene if you want punk but it coming back into the mainstream is very unlikely

>Espouses freedom of thought
>Literally assaulted because I said Trump wasn't a fascist
Real mature punk scene

This guy gets it.

how the fuck is anything making a comeback
it's like the viruses in the doorway to mr burns

everybody tries everything conceivable & the only cheeapest shittist shit shit shits out the shitter
SHITTTEEEIIIIT