Why doesn't anyone know about or mention "You Know Your Right...

Why doesn't anyone know about or mention "You Know Your Right?" This song is amazing but a lot of people don't even know it. Why is it not known or ignored?

I like that song and it has a lot of views on youtube

You know you're wrong, mate.

honestly one of my favorites by them

It's weird listening to You Know You're Right and then listening to Kurt's Fecal matter material.

it came out way too late after the fact, so it was basically doomed to be fan service instead of a hit with mass popularity

also, the way they released it was such a lame cash grab, and yes i did buy that greatest hits

not familiar with them. explain

Kurt was the godfather of sludge punk go listen to Bambi Slaughter by Fecal Matter it's Kurt and Dale Crover

it sounds like Sober by Tool

That song got played all the time in 2002. It's not a bad song but it's pretty forgettable.

Because it was released in 2002. The zeitgeist hadn't quite hit peak yet.

It's a wonderful song.

When I first heard this song I was just getting to know Nirvana as a 12 year old and I immediately assumed it must have been a big hit just because of memorable the HEEEEEEEEEYEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAYEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH was.

meh. might not have been the right song. heavy bassline throughout and yeeeaaaah?

>sludge punk
that's black flag and the melvins

>it was basically doomed to be fan service instead of a hit with mass popularity
>#45 on Hot 100
>#43 on Radio Songs
>#1 on Mainstream Rock radio
>#1 on Alternative Rock radio

Why is it weird?
Because you don't listen to any artists who evolve later in their careers?

Are you high? You Know You're Right got huge radio play, so did Aneurysm.

Wtf not even close?

this borders on death metal at times

the things you both mention only reinforce my point. note how well they did in the rock charts/radio (ie a huge group of mostly Nirvana fans), and how comparatively mediocre the overall success was on the pop charts. and this was with a lot of airplay and retail push.

the point i was making was that it didn't get the broader popular appeal of Nirvana in their primes, don't know why that's so hard to pick up on.

Why do the pop charts matter?
It isn't a pop song?

nirvana are a pop band they use pop chords and verse chorus verse. They just added some noisey elements and circuit bent their pedals.

I could write a horrendous song with pop chords and put it in verse chorus verse. Those two things to not dictate the genre a song / band is.

the vocal absolutely does

By "pop charts" I'm referring to something like the Billboard Hot 100 listed above, sorry if that stirred some semantic confusion. it's a common generic term as far as i know it.

Yes, Nirvana is not a "pop" band. but at point in time they were arguably the most popular band, extending beyond the rock audience into a more general one, and this songs release did not match that level of success.

Overproduced frankenstein of a song engineered from a dozen works in progress.

You have to be mentally retarded to believe kurt et. al. wrote a song in 92 that sounded exactly like the other pop bullshit on the radio in 2002.

I listen to plenty it's just weird to see the direction Cobain was going in and where he started.

.....yes it does.

>circuit bent their pedals
this is weak bait

the fuck? go back to r3ddit