I just inherited some magic cards

I just inherited some magic cards

How do I play

There are like 150 cards

on the wiki it says 25 land cards (only got mountains) and 35 other

how many creatures/spells/artifacts should i have?

ty

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RZyXU1L3JXk
locator.wizards.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZixWqaGJVQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ok, wtf, there are artifact creatures and instants too

Check out /tg/ they can probably help you out more. If the cards are old and still in good condition some of them might be worth some serious cash so I'd recommend looking up the card titles to check prices.

Will do, I'll also be surprised if no one on Sup Forums plays

Lotta people on Sup Forums play, its difficult to explain. You'd be much better off tracking down a local game shop and seeing if someone will sit down and teach you the game.

Word of advice, don't sell/trade any of your cards until you feel like you have a better understanding of the game.

Are you niggers literally retarded? Do you really need someone to walk you through learning the basic rules of a kids cardgame? Go to youtube and watch a fucking 10mimute tutorial. Why do you make a fucking useless thread like this OP?

Ok! thanks mate. I'm reading a guide right now

don't bother playing, quit before you waste your time

Yeah find someone to teach you in person, its a lot easier to learn that way. Most people who play magic are pretty friendly to newcomers in my experience. After you get a handle on things I would try doing a draft, everyone gets 3 packs and you take turns picking cards to build a deck, then you play each other. Its a good way to bulk out your collection when you start out and teaches you a lot about the game. Because everyone is picking from the same card pool, the more experienced guys wont have a huge advantage like in constructed, so its an opportunity to play on even footing against better players.

buy a game on Steam called Tabletop Simulator and host a game and play with your own set of cards

All you need.

Good luck young wizard

youtube.com/watch?v=RZyXU1L3JXk

Been playing for two years. The rules for MTG are a bit complicated, but You'll learn in two or three matches if someone is willing to teach you.

About deck building, 25 lands is about right, and the 25 other have to be in the same color as the lands in the deck.
8 to 12 spells (instants, sorceries and artifacts included) are a good number for a normal deck, and fill the rest with creatures (including artifact creatures).

Best advice I could give you. Wizards of the Coast makes Friday Night Magic events every friday night (duh), and that's the best place to learn since the event is planned for new players, but pretty much every day you can ask a seller to teach you the game.
If you're greedy, you can drop there in the specific events with empty hands and they'll give you a full deck for free.
Also, don't trade or sell any cards you bring there. Check them online, you'll get good money for some of them.

Check the events at locator.wizards.com/

I'll just leave this here...

youtube.com/watch?v=ZixWqaGJVQs

1) Go to steam
2) Download for free a game called "Magic Duels"
3) Enjoy.

Or, you could fall for jewish tricks and pay money like this guy suggested

You wont be able to play in tournies because wizard of the coast have the largest noses in the galaxy.

here
Another great way to learn is to download some PC Magic game. Magic Duels is free on Steam, but needs DirectX 11 to run, or you can buy/pirate any of their older games and you'll get a great tutorial there.

24 lands
24 creatures
12 instant, sorc, arts

Good basic start dor a deck.

Been playing a long time.

out of curiosity what cards did you get? Look at the bottom what year were they produced in?

Thanks, sounds good man.

ty

1993-2004

Quick question: when an instant says "deal 2 damage to all creatures and players" do I take damage to? or is it always implied only the enemy takes damage lol

The rulebook is 200 pages.

you should check the value of the cards you have. ya never know. for shits and giggles post a pic.

Use www.magic.tcgplayer.com their mid price is pretty accepted as a standard.

You take damage too. All players include you. If it said 'all opponents' instead of 'all players' you wouldn't take damage.

a lot of that is stuff you won't need to know in order to just sit down play and have fun with friends.

the more advanced rules are generally easier to understand through play than reading, at least for me.

I'll post a pic give me a sec

do the 1993 cards have black or white boarders?

Either way look up the prices and you may want to purchase deck protectors.

Don't get your hopes up though, most of those cards are trash.

One of my cards is a "black lotus" any good/

No.

Not worth shit, you'd get about $2 for that anywhere

MRW the're all old fallen empires cards.

>Are you niggers literally retarded?
>10mimute
the jimbobs of this supergenius were so power-rustled he couldnt be fucked to spellcheck his post.

just an observation.

they handed those out at comic book stores to entice people to buy, was a marketing gimmic. still to this day that card is the most printed m:tg card of all time.

i can dispose of it for you if you'd like. just send it to me, i wont even charge you for my service

25 land is too much unless you're playing 3 or more colours.

they don't even make good kindling

i know i'm taking bate but don't listen to the other posters. you can check card prices yourself at www.starcitygames.com. they are a bit on the high side but if you're valuing your cards that's not a bad thing.

idk lol

Life may have changed from when I played (I quit around Mirage), you usually had a 2/1 ratio of regular cards to lands. A 60 card deck would have 20 lands in it.
I played a 45 card deck with 15 lands.

doesn't seem like there's huge monetary value there but you should be able to build a functional kitchen table magic deck if you just wanna play with friends.

I play! Shits fun af ....sucks u only got mountains tho

It legit is up to you and depends on the deck you want. I have a red black burn deck that doesn't have a single creature in it and it performs fairly well.

Aren't some cards thousands of dollars? How are people in tournaments with stacked decks not at a huge advantage?

they get less rare versions of the same cards. In competitive card prices don't usually go much above a few hundred at most. You can build a competition viable deck for 3 bills I think

there's different formats that restrict you to using only newer cards

Check out Tolarian Community College or some other youtube channels.
Card shops occasionally do events where they teach new players.
locator.wizards.com/
^Use that link to find shops and events

is this a mtg thread only or any fans here?

no

Yes virgin cuckloid. Now good riddance for telling about that anal sex with the orcs last night

Not quite the full combo there, lad

Even if they aren't doing an event, you can probably find people at a shop to help you learn.

The most played competitive constructed formats are Standard and Modern, where the most expensive decks are around $1500.

nice mana fagt

good start is for a 60 card deck
24 creatures
12 other
24 lands

dont try to mix more than two colors in your early on decks
solo decks are fine

try to have a mana curve (land/mana cost) where you have no more count of 5+ mana than your total 1-4 card mana count