Gun fag here. Convince me that gun control would work for the USA

Gun fag here. Convince me that gun control would work for the USA.

it wont

I just really want to hear some of the arguments they have to say.

Only mentally retarded liberals think that their pathetic "assault weapons" bans will have any effect on the vast majority of gun violence, which is mostly concentrated to black on black urban homicides. Mass shootings don't even account for 1% of all gun homicides.

Define "work." It will probably reduce gun crime but it won't completely get rid of it. Even if we do all kinds of things like reducing poverty, improving education, etc, you're still gonna have some gun crime.

But if we can reduce it by a noticeable amount, we should.

OP here. imo I dont see how gun control is going to prevent anything. Mental health evaluations/therapy, and better education I can see.

Especially when there are other ways to get guns rather than buying them from a store.

I dunno, seems too hopeful for me.

Go back to your trailer Leeroy, you're stinking up the public library.

It literally worked in Australia, which is a far more hardcore and badass place than the US, so it'd probably work here. It'd be good to watch the special snowflake men's fragile constitution break without their guns. They are just a bunch of pussies anyway.

No, dumbfucks like this asshole just want to feel like they have some kind of power in their otherwise meaningless existence. Guess what? If you were to be in a situation where someone started shooting, you would do what any person - military included - would do and that's get the fuck outta there. If you went in to go all Doom on a group of people, the first people you are going to shoot at are those that aren't running/are offering any kind of resistance.

Don't be a dumbfuck like Leeroy. Learn how to actually defend yourself and how to be a man. Grow an identity out of your gun and something other than a noncontributing zero.

Glad to know I can outrun bullets, I never knew.

The problem is mental health/niggers
Plus banning guns does nothing but create a bigger market for criminals so you will have more crime than before

Eurofag here.. One less gun, one less life its as simple as that you yank fucks!

It would have saved 26 lives in Texas if the Air Force had enforced it.

>australian gun confication: 6 million guns forcibly confiscated

American private citizens own more than 300,000,000 guns, with approximately 1/3rd to 1/2 of all households containing firearms. If you think you can even attempt to confiscate 300 million guns without a civil war, you're a fucking idiot. The US is not fucking australia you faggot. We have the most guns per capita of any country. Australia didn't really have jackshit to even begin with.

>liberals: we need more background checks!

>US gov can't even do background checks properly

>liberals: OMG we need more gun control laws!

how about try enforcing existing laws first you idiots

>gun control worked on an island country
>meanwhile, we can't even keep illegal immigrants out of America
>also the war on drugs has been working magnificently!

your mental illness is showing

It would've saved this poor patriot. :(

It wouldn’t, we just want you gunfags to either go to jail, or die to criminals so that we can start creating our utopian society without your bullshit “muh gunz” arguments.

I can't help you if you hallucinate words, then get mad at your own hallucination.

how will you ever hit anything if you don't control them?

Alcohol kills far more people than guns, do you support a ban on alcohol?

Just trust me on this one, ok?

Gun control, not banning guns.

Pretty much every current gun control proposal by democrats at this point is some sort of ban on certain types of guns and magazines

You have a gun, you control it.

The United States already has gun control and no, it doesn't work. Even in most restricted countries gun control still doesn't work.

People as dumb as you should be sterilized.

>American private citizens own more than 300,000,000 guns, with approximately 1/3rd to 1/2 of all households containing firearms
Yet half of those guns are owned by about 3% of those gun owners.
>civil war
Those require massive operations to back them up, with every one guerrilla requiring something like 15 people for active support to produce materiel and other necessities and 100 for passive support in the form of safe houses, money laundry, etc. Do you have that?

Frankly, I do. Everyone should get high instead.

wowgreatpoint.png

The problem goes much deeper than guns themselves. Keep your' guns user, you may need them soon.

I'm not in favor of an all-out ban on firearms. I do think that people with a history of domestic abuse should not be allowed to purchase guns. Do you disagree?

That's literally already federal law. The church shooting was because the air force fucked up and didn't report the shooter's domestic assault charges to the FBI. If they had, he would not have legally passed his background check.

It won't. There is already too many guns out there for them to try and reel it back in now. Most gun violence is by unregistered/stolen weapons anyway.

Pretty sure you can't own a gun for any felony conviction so in that instance it's a matter of enforcing the laws.

Federal law also prohibits anyone convicted of misdemeanor domestic abuse/domestic assault from owning guns. It is one of the few misdemeanors that make someone ineligible from gun ownership for life.

Its still a problem, puting your head in the sand wont fix it.
There is a reason only the USA have regular mass shootings
There is a reason the gang violence is so bloody in the USA.
Preventing unjust bloodshead should not be a political issue.

>gang violence

yeah, gang members with criminal histories are already banned from owning guns. They acquire them illegally. More laws aren't going to do jackshit.

It is called the Constitution you stupid fuck. 2nd amendment. Political issue has nothing to do with it. Law of the land. Law of our country.

The majority of mass shooters are not mentally unfit.

>Gun control
more bullshit hoops to jump through for law abiding gun owners so they can be more at mercy to niggers that don't give a shit about laws

Ironic because as an illegal user of a federally controlled substance (state laws don't apply to federal gun laws) you are banned from gun ownership.

You already have gun control and it works for the most part

Gun control could never work in the US. The culture there is beyond saving. I'm so glad I moved to a first world country.

you can start by outlawing gun shows period. make it so only licensed dealers are the only ones who can buy and sell firearms. its fucking dumb. they arent cars, their only function is to kill something. they shouldnt be allowed to be traded like cars.

>strict gun laws work in every single 1st world nation that have them
>HUR DUR IT DONT NOT DUN BEEN THUR WERKIN HER IN DA U S OF A!!!!!
>NO SHUDUP AND QUIT YER YAPPIN I NEED TO BUY 8 MO GUNS TA MAKE MUH BENIS BIGGER THEN FUCK MUH SISTER!!!!

On a side note last month my grandpa had his hip replaced and it cost him nothing. and i have had 2 operations that have cost me nothing.

Why do burgers look at things that work in every other 1st world nation and think they cant do it?

yeah mexico has tight gun laws. its also a crime ridden festering shithole 3rd world nation that is ran by druglords.

Mass shootings are a daily thing in the US. meanwhile in the rest of the world that matters they are very very rare.

cry some more

Niggers aren't shooting at anyone besides other niggers. This is just your power fantasy. You hope every night that someone will break into your house and try to rob the place and you will be able to kill them with your gun because you are so insecure in your masculinity and you know that doing that would prove that you are a REAL man. Nevermind the fact that if it were to happen, you would either 1. Be a pussy and do whatever he says or 2. Eat lead.

you are retarded if you think stricter gun laws wouldnt reduce gun crime. make it harder for niggers to get guns and the number of crimes goes down

YO HOMIE THESE NEW GUN LAWS ARE TOUGH...WHERE DO WE TURN IN ALL OUR ILLEGAL GUNS?

youre welcome to add something useful to the discussion

But they acquire them incredibly easily illegally. You know how? They break into the homes of gun owners and take them. Guns on the black market are way cheaper then bought legally because they're so easy to go. If we reduce the supply, the price will go up and your average tyrone won't be able to afford one.

>You hope every night that someone will break into your house and try to rob the place and you will be able to kill them with your gun because you are so insecure in your masculinity and you know that doing that would prove that you are a REAL man.

What a hypocritical dumbass argument.
Who tf would "hope every night that someone would break into your house".

More importantly, if some nigger broke into YOUR home to steal shit, what would you do?

>Mental health evaluations/therapy, and better education I can see.

Sounds good to me. Care to write your congressman about that? Because the current "pro gun" president who ALSO believes it's a mental health issue is slashing public education/mental health programs along the board.

Cars, alcohol, and abortions kill more people than guns.
We should clearly ban those.
Should probably ban cancer too since that kills more people.
Learn to use you fucking brains you Liberal retards, if you want my guns so bad try and get them, I personally guarantee you you won't make it within 300 yards.

Shut up leeroy. Go back to banging your pigs. They're probably closer to you genetically then us humans anyways.

and this is the same tired horseshit trolls and rednecks keep spewing
do everyone a favor and get a vasectomy

Thank you explaining the motive of this thread, I was lost

I support the ability of law abiding citizens to acquire firearms for self-defense more than I care about reducing supply to supposedly curb illegal supply for criminals who already get guns illegally.

We would, but republicans keep gutting funding for things such as background checks and then bitch that background checks don't work. It's what they do to everything. Underfund it to the point of breaking it and then bitch that it's broken.

So sayeth the Libtard.
Maybe you should start breeding with people who suffer from autism and Down syndrome, you guys seem to have a lot in common and you're probably more closely genetically related to them then normal humans.

I'd rather support a government sponsored tax credit for gun safes so more guns are stored securely. Your idea is basically to disarm more people in some retarded attempt to stop gun thefts and make law abiding people defenseless.

So much this. Obamacare is next.

Please show me the bill that has defunded the NICS background check system? The only reason the checks currently fail is the government can't even obey their own laws.

>guns are now safely locked away
>rapist breaks in to rip you a new asshole
>"hold on, let me get my gun out of the safe"

Yeah.

>Obamacare is next

(several failed attempts later)

>what are quick access safes?

youre dumb

All these posts comparing the US to other 1st world countries that don't have a problem with gun control are ignoring the prime factor here: niggers.

And now that you guys have sand-niggers piling in you're starting to realize that outlawing guns doesn't prevent them from hurting anyone. They'll rent a truck, they'll use a knife, they'll do whatever they can.

I would rather be able to own a gun and protect myself than rely on police that will show up ten minutes after my head's already been caved in by a brick because the government has already outlawed everything else they can use to kill me.

>Should probably ban cancer too since that kills more people.
Are you a fucking retard? OH YEA, LETS BAN CANCER THATS A GOOD IDEA BECAUSE THAT"S SOMETHING WE CAN LEGISLATE.
Cancer is well beyond anyone's control. What is within our control is guns though. So let's do something about it.

Scale. The problem is scale.

There are still significant portions of the United States where the only police are at least an hour away. Americans have the right to defend themselves with equal force in every situation.

Even in countries that do not have significant gun ownership, criminals still have guns if they want them.

Taking away legal guns turns everwhere rural into warlord rules wasteland.

>Mass shootings are a daily thing in the US. meanwhile in the rest of the world that matters they are very very rare.

People get run over by trucks driven by terrorists every day in Europe. If someone want to kill people, they will use whatever tools are available, whether that be guns, knives, or rental cars.

Mental health evaluation (before being allowed to purchase a gun) is gun regulation you triple nigger

You know why we should have gun control?

Every day 58 Americans use guns to commit suicide. Research has shown that suicide is often an impulse decision and that even the slightest obstacle is often enough to dissuade people from following through.

In 2014, According to the CDC, there were 42,773 suicides. 21,334 of these were with a gun.

2/3 of all gun deaths are due to suicide.

90% of people who survive a suicide attempt do not try again should they survive. The odds of surviving a gun suicide is 17.5% on average.

States with the highest number of guns directly correlate to the highest suicide rates by a wide margin.

Suicide is the leading cause of death amongst veterans and a very high cause amongst youth. Almost always, when a gun is used it came from within the home and was easily accessible.

That's the reality of guns.

Haha please! Doesn't help shit when you need it instantly.

Also, no safe would have addressed the two recent shootings in Texas and Las Vegas (and multiple others) where the owners bought their own guns.

You're dumber.

Go ahead, name ONE mass shooting where gun safes would have made a difference - where the perpetrator didn't already have access to their own gun. Sandy Hook? Only if his mom would have had the wherewithal to use one - and he had his own guns too.

When shit goes down in seconds, police are minutes away. By that time, you're either dead/robbed/raped/whatever, or the cunt is dead because you were smart enough to carry.

Then enjoy being killed by one of those guns bought for self defense that was stolen to commit crime. Because self defense against an attacker armed with a gun ends up with the victim dead most of the time.

well, we should also ban Dihydrogen Monoxide, since that kills people.

we should also ban automobiles, because they pancake people

And I guarantee you - as a mental health professional - that those "evaluations" are easy as fuck to lie on. Paddock would have passed one in an instant. They literally ask questions like "do you ever have homicidal thoughts or urges?" Ummm, gee - I wonder how you should answer that one if you wanna buy a gun...

Yeah? How many times have you guys tried that? Are you over 100 yet?

Fuck, you control the house, the senate, the supreme court and the goddamn presidency and you still can't get that shit figured out.

Someone should run you over with a fucking car. Faggot. One less fucking idiot to worry about.

Gun safes are meant to keep your guns away from children/stupid people in your own home. Gun safes have saved a bunch of kids' lives.

I'm saying that that is what they will try to do - defund Obamacare until it's so dysfunctional it implodes - that's what republicans do. I'm not a republican. But Trump literally tweeted that this was his plan.

Define what is wrong with suicide.

Seriously. Can you? Without appealing to emotion?

Fantastic. Don't see at all how it addresses the type of premeditated gun violence we're talking about, but ok.

kek, gun control triggers the fuck out of everyone. while we are at it, everyone check out my new M1 Garand.

CDC confirms victims who have guns are more likely to not suffer injuries during a violent attack than unarmed victims

>“Studies that directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was ‘used’ by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies.” Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence

kek @ your gunhating nonsense

Take away legal guns and the criminals will still have them. Police can take forever to get to a scene. I want to be able to defend myself in my own home.

that's funny because the US suicide rate is lower than Belgium, France, and twice as low as Japan. Pls explain? Those countries have far, far lower gun ownership rates.

Always wanted to get one of those, especially the M1C or M1D variants, with the offset mounted scope on it.

They kill themselves more safer without guns.

I want a Garand just so I can use the term "clips" correctly

You're right. I'm just pointing out that the purpose of a gun safe is not relevant to gun crime.

get one while the gettings still good. $730 plus 20 bucks to join an affiliated club online and u can have an m1 shipped to your front door, assuming you live in a free state.
yep, one of the last rifles to use en bloc clips.

Because they don't want to die. The average time between thought and action for a suicide is five minutes. Any longer, any complications, and they begin to think things through or they decide it's not worth the trouble. The ones who follow through and survive, 90% will never try again because it's not what they wanted.

It's an impulse decision with permanent consequences. That's what's wrong with suicide.

Ah, gotcha.

Why do I need to? What relevance do their suicides have specifically to gun suicides in the USA?

The main argument seems to be reducing gun ownership will reduce suicides, and yet there are multiple examples of countries with high suicide rates and low gun ownership rates. It's called a counter-example. Do you know how debates work? Or are you just too stupid to respond effectively?

People are going to try to kill themselves. As unfortunate as it is, we can not stop that right now.

The problem with your argument is that people still try without guns. The problem is they often fail and lead a crippled life afterwords or worse, succeed and maim themselves horribly before dying a slow, painful death.

Which is crueler, letting two people kill themselves quickly and virtually painlessly with guns, or one person drinking bleach and having to wait while they slowly die from the inside out while regretting their decision?

Sounds nice. Even have reloading equipment/dyes for .30-06 springfield.

>constitution
Speaking of which...

The parameters were to not bring emotion into it. Even so, you posit that people who would reach for a gun would reach for something else when I've already shown that to be untrue. A gun is quick, a gun is sure, a gun is close to painless. These factor into the impulse of suicide. Make it more difficult, make it more of an obstacle, and those suicides will drop off dramatically. Drinking bleach is neither easy nor painless, the body will actively work to reject it, and the one committing suicide maintains their faculties to call for help. It is not a common method due to this.

The idea is similar to security. You can never truly stop every possibility, so you introduce obstacles for the most likely ones.

Not him, but it's a poor counterexample.

To get any real data on whether or not less guns would = less suicides, you'd have to look at a before and after comparison of specific suicide rates within a country both before and after gun control. Australia showed a dramatic decrease in firearm suicides after the ban was implemented, although it was already falling before the ban, which somewhat confounds the data.

In other words, the examples you cited were irrelevant, as "gun control" already exists in those countries. However, common sense does dictate that without instant access to a weapon that can immediately end one's life painlessly if done right, there are in all likelihood hundreds if not thousands of people who would think twice rather than take their lives. Would it save all of them? No. Many? Most likely.

The previous argument was based in and around the statement:
"States with the highest number of guns directly correlate to the highest suicide rates by a wide margin." Not that gun legislation reduces SR, but rather that reducing the precedence of guns would reduce the suicide rate, which is demonstrably asinine with even a passing look at the data. The method of suicide does not make one suicidal.

>reducing the precedence of guns would reduce the suicide rate, which is demonstrably asinine with even a passing look at the data

What data are you looking at?