Do you use Linux because you are a special snowflake or because you are poor? Just curious

Do you use Linux because you are a special snowflake or because you are poor? Just curious.

Poor.... Also why I don't have cable or satellite.

Linux users are like Libertarians who read Atlas Shrugged and think they are master political science majors. They read some shit online, call themselves computer experts, and install their shitty free OS.

Linux is fun man, are you just upset because you don't understand how to install an os?

at work because of features, at home because I'm poor

Linux CAN be pretty awesome, actually. But you're right about most of its users.

Windows 10: Centrist faggots

Windows XP: Neoliberals

OS X: Conservatards

Ubuntu: Social libertarians

Arch linux: Anarcho-capitalists

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

I use it because I'm highly intelligent.

get your trash tier saggy tit bitch with down syndrome nips outta here

also i dual boot linux and windows, and i have plenty of experience with mac. windows is nice because you can play games on it, but its overall slow and terrible for every day use. Mac is slightly nicer for just working on basic things, but has too many compatability errors to make sense and its just shit for gaming if the game is even ported for it. Linux isndully customizeable and glorious for work. most programs are written to linux anyways and the way its laid out is glorious. theres no lag, its fully compatable with everything i use, and most games have a linux port.

granted windows is still better for things like resource heavy games, i found dual booting the 2 means youll never find a game you cant play, or a program you cant run

and just pointing it out, Windows and Mac both have phones, and they both suck. Android has Unix Arechetechure without the bullshit of mac (mac is also unix-based so technically it is a Linux distro, just a shitty one with capitalism fucking it). i see iPhone aftee iphone being rendered usless unless someone jailbreaks it and makes it slow as fuck and gross to look at, and windows phones... well they speak for themselves.

Oukitel is my personal favorite brand, giving you the perks of any Galaxy, Windows phone, Pixel, or iPhone plus some for a small fraction of the price.

Hope this helps- and before you discredit me I have a degree in CS and work for a section of the CMS experiment at CERN. (my section is a collab with the US' Homeland)

>Android has Unix Arechetechure
>Arechetechure

smug, "look at me I'm so smart" tween who is totally fucking illiterate. what a surprise

Im making this point to educate people, I think its important people understand what theyre talking about before they spew BS about it.
He has some good points here too

really what it comes down to on a practical level is Linux is mainly for people who are into coding, while Windows is for gaming and Mac is for Artists. However if i had to guess OP is either a moron or a child (probably both) who just doesnt know much about what hes saying.

TL;DL
linux is functional/objective
windows has steam
mac is pretty

Shut the fuck up literally no one cares you fucking retarded nigger.

dude fuckin chill im on my phone and dont have autocorrect enabled, also what kind of moron discounts an entire argument because a misspelled word? Either you're op and buthurt or youre a tween who cant understand basic concepts

why do americans always use those giant bongs?

>
>Shut the fuck up literally no one cares you fucking retarded nigger.
>devouring a whole bowl of delicious copypasta

Mmmm, mmmm good!

I only use GNU+Linux on my computers because it's free software. Other free operating systems do exist (such as BSDs) but they use "pushover" license that don't force derivative works to guarantee any freedoms to their users.

To use free software is to make a political and ethical choice asserting the right to learn, and share what we learn with others. Free software has become the foundation of a learning society where we share our knowledge in a way that others can build upon and enjoy.
Richard Stallman explains free software at TEDx Geneva. Subtitles and slides.

Currently, many people use proprietary software that denies users these freedoms and benefits. If we make a copy and give it to a friend, if we try to figure out how the program works, if we put a copy on more than one of our own computers in our own home, we could be caught and fined or put in jail. That’s what’s in the fine print of the license agreement you accept when using proprietary software.

The corporations behind proprietary software will often spy on your activities and restrict you from sharing with others. And because our computers control much of our personal information and daily activities, proprietary software represents an unacceptable danger to a free society.

both, windows for gaymen, linux for fileservers etc

>sees someone misspell single word
>call them illiterate
>highfive self while ignoring the rest of the body of text
>can't even read the definition of illiterate
good yob Ameriburger

Accurate.
>Ubuntu because I'm an Android developer and I don't have time to fight with Microfuck shitware.
>Also left-libertarian.

Windows is a toy OS for video games. At work I'm being forced to develop ASP.NET MVC apps, and I'm blown away by how fucking retarded and shitty the whole Windows ecosystem is.

I use it because it is better for software development.

Having a Lenovo PC when windows 8 came up is why I am Linux now, that shit they pulled with hard drives gave me hell.

Do you use Android? A FireTV? A Roku? A Samsung TV? Congratulations, you are a Linuxfag!

It makes my work as a scientist easier.

Debian

Because my uni forced me to do so. I kinda like it, not for casual use, but more like for making shit work properly and not getting limited by winjews (although sometimes it's a real fucking pain in the ass).

On the other side I still can't get over windows, mostly because of compatibility (muh gaming), and because i've been using it for like +15 years

>Being so retarded you think any of these ideologies hold the mental capacity to operate any sort of device

poor

I use linux because vista was shit and then I got too used to the command line to go back

who the fuck actually pays for a non-OEM OS

anyway, I use Linux because Windows just sucks; I got tired of it

Why do naked bong girls always smoke out of stupidly sized pipes? Is it supposed to be a phallic thing? All I can think about is how shit it is to smoke out of those fucking novelties.

It’s useful for some things I do. I am not poor so I use whichever computer fits the task at hand best.

Ubuntu