Legitimate question: Are other 'Heads albums worth listening to...

Legitimate question: Are other 'Heads albums worth listening to? The little I've heard outside this album suggests that they peaked here. If yes, then where do I go from here?

stop making sense

Talking Heads if you want fun cute music that doesn't take itself too seriously

Talking Heads 77* my bad

get a rym. reported for shit poster & for not reading the sticky :/

Are you trolling or being serious? I always felt like Talking Heads were pretty relateable in topics for the average person while maintaining musical integrity. That's what I felt made them appealing.

How does that exclude them from being fun?

Global Rule 7
>Submitting false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the reporting system may result in a ban. Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.

okay dwight

why would you ask this question about one of the most critically acclaimed bands in existence? even a quick google search could show you how well regarded their other albums are. obviously its worth hearing you big doofus

Didn't mean to imply they weren't. I just feel like "cute" doesn't describe them well at all.

77's somehow even better. Go to that one next, then Fear of music, then Songs About Buildings, then Speaking In tongues

get the first 5 and the live album the name of this band is talking heads

More Songs and Fear of Music are about on par with RiL, with 77 close behind

Idk I think the way he sings is cute.

not sure what "dwight" means you mongoloid BITCH shut the fuck up you dumbass get a rym & quit asking retarded faggot questions about ENTRY level bands like twisted sister

Thanks!

Whats the matter, little buddy? Mad that the mean movie-theater man wouldn't let you and the rest of your 6th grader friends in to see IT?

make sure to listen to Name of This Band Is Talking Heads

it pretty much renders most of the studio
versions useless

Fair enough. Just never got that vibe from them.

yeah except im not a redditor quit projecting you fucking drooling retarded faggot. over here asking the most basic questions about music why dont you ask which beatles albums are good too you fucking LOSER

>im not a redditor
you're not fooling anyone

Stop making sense, 77, more songs, specking in tongues, the rome live show

virgin

nice try

I saw Phish do that in it's entirety.

Your life is trite and jaded
Boring and confiscated
If that's your best
Your best won't do...

underrated

77 is a pretty interesting album. Very poppy, very listenable, and yet with a vaguely derranged, ultra-tightly-wound feeling to it. Pulled Up, Psycho Killer, Don't Worry About the Government, No Compassion are the highlights.

More Songs About Buildings and Food is their peak imo. Continuing poppy but more openly deranged, a tighter rhythm section, more interesting textures thanks to Eno. Take Me To The River is their best song and is present on this one. All good songs desu.

Fear of Music is the closest to Remain in Light. Their most postpunk album, it has freak funk like in Remain in Light, psychotic pop like in the previous albums, empty power ballads. Very interesting album.

You seem familiar with Remain in Light. It's certainly good but not necessarily their best.

Speaking In Tongues some people will highly rate. The material is decent, but I feel the recordings are very flimsy and wimpy, slow and weak groves. This Must Be The Place and Girlfriend is Better are the better songs on here.

Then they recorded Stop Making Sense, the GOAT concert film. Watch it a few times and get the complete soundtrack. Most of the speaking in tongues material is done well here. It also offers windows into Byrne's solo career and the tom tom club.

Little Creatures is fun, has a few nice little pop numbers - Road To Nowhere, Stay Up Late, And She Was.

I don't listen to the last two. Wild Wild Life is a decent song. Nothing But Flowers is not.

for fun dig into their 1975 demos and early concert bootlegs

imo wild wild life is a perfect song, and their later albums people seem really middled on are crazy underrated

nice

Speaking in Tongues and 77 are just as good as Remain in Light

this

>constantly have born under punches stuck in my head
>try to listen to music, looking for something to put on
>"okay first let's listen to it one more time"
>end up listening to the entire album
Remain in Light has taken over my listening life. Also Fear of Music.

You really cant go wrong with this band. I have a personal affinity for Fear of Music and Stop Making Sense. As a live band they're hard to beat