Art tbreD

Art tbreD
Thoughts on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

afremov.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looks like you ate paint and shit on the street.

Personal favorite

Pretty much but on a canvas
Painted, buried painting, unearthed, and then just threw paint on it.

looks like a pile of shit-tier muddy paint.

See
>

Yeah i get people who like it (family) then you and the rest of whoever says it's shit

muddy, as in poor quality pigments mixed together.

My gf did buy the paint for me so that's understandable

typical generic modern "art"

in other words, crap that any chimp could do - may have some decorative worth if yu like it, but requires neither talent nor skill, and is meaningless and worthless.

a waste of resources. Unless you as an observer, put something into it to appreciate it - but for the most part, rubbish.

Sadly all too common in art schools and galleries these days.

Another good one

Well i put emotion into it so... It's about love and anger etc. It has meaning but i hate it and could do better shit.

>Sadly all too common in art schools and galleries these days.
I went to art school, and I now own an art gallery. As such, I spend a lot of my time in galleries and museums. I do not see stuff like this at all. But I do see plenty of other objectionable art.

This painting is ugly (OP) but the insight is awesome because i do a lot of splatter in the foreground and background of "meaningful" art

1. Go look at some abstract expressionism, in person. You will never get a sense of what makes it good from a photo. Look at Pollack (I fucking hate the guy, but you'll learn a bunch) and Rothko. And any others, if you're set on this type of art. Learn, and try to replicate, before trying to be original.

2. Buy good materials. Try different things. Acrylic is not the best medium for this type of work. it looks flat and dead. Good pigments will actually allow you to make choices. Learn to layer in a way that makes sense.

3. Follow contemporary artists and galleries on instagram. You'll see what's out there now, and get ideas for the future.

This is the first work of art that really grabbed me, before this I could only appreciate those old super realistic ones, because of the pure skill it showed.
This one made me féél.
I was super stoked to find out the artist makes reproductions himself, a bit less detailed of course, but still very nice (and not nearly as expensive as an original).

And this one always fascinated me, though I can't really tell why.

It's beautiful.

pretty good, you can sell it for $50 million now

Just experimental
Here's an example of a tribute to my dead cat.

>the light through the water

Not sure why it rotated it...

easier than you think it would be

Im surprised i got useful opinions
People love my shit but haven't sold in ages (working on a commission soon)

ikr, $300 and I got to pick another for free
Around Christmas he usually does a promotion like that for a few weeks, with a lot of price changes for about a month: afremov.com/

That doesn't make it any less awesome.

And, of course, this

He has such bland subject matter. Like he's a more palatable Kinkade.

this triggered me thanks

Not my

Aivazovsky was a good painter. I'm just saying there are far harder things to do, and he does them.

My art knowledge goes as far as 'I like this'. I realize most of his stuff is pretty bland and very similar. But that first one you quoted, when I first saw it, I felt it to my core. And now I have a repro of it hanging behind my pc, and I look at it every day, and I love it.
I don't need anything more from art, it has to feel right.

Deep

I like that

I'm always happy to learn, can you elaborate a little?

Special kind of feel for me. This one has a similar effect on me.

I'm a yachtie and have been sailing since I was 5. I love the way the ocean looks in this painting but the boat is wrong. I can't even quite put my finger on it but it's just not natural.

I need to hit the Phoenix Art Museum now... (where I live, Phoenix, obviously. It's a shit hole).

His figures were more impressive than his seascapes. And his compositions that were more neoclassical rather than romantic are definitely more impressive. I'm a bit biased against romanticism, though.

Tfw absolute fraud
Tfw skills will never past pic related if I never practice
Tfw not genus

Isn't the artist behind this one blind?

if you're trolling, that's actually hilarious

A secret for you :
1. go to Adobe color and find popular color combinations
2. Acquire paints of the specific colors
3. Make an "abstract painting"
4. ????
5. profit

I have literally made around 1800 from selling "paintings on the street. Each one costs them about 50-100 and its very cheap to make.
Basically abstract art is shit but people buy it so it's worth getting into it.

:)

the best part is I know my art is shit because honestly I don't have the fucking patience to do realism. So my art is lazy, but emotional, so.

Yeah, my average painting takes like half an hour to an hour maybe. Or less. I could do 10 paintings a day. I've only done maybe 30 paintings max.

I like it

Then buy one of my paintings! Ha.

On a tight budget rn

then sell crack homie

I'm kidding man

:)

WELL IM NOT YOU FAGGOT, FIGHT ME AT PAX YOU FAGGOT ASSHOLE SDEOIUJGBNSPOIKÖDUFGJBNSDOIUGKBHSDOIUKJSBHDfgvpöilou

I'll trade you

Bamp.