How can the public school system be fixed? It's mostly just daycare at this point with no learning or discipline

How can the public school system be fixed? It's mostly just daycare at this point with no learning or discipline.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_pedagogy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who gives a shit? Your kids are in private school. Right?

Fixed? It's working as intended.

privatize it

Get rid of mandatory attendance

~$77 BILLION a year for dept of education

Segregation

You can't fix public education, the only way is to privatize the whole K12 thing, and give school vouchers to kids who need 'em.

I teach high school history in a public high school. To be honest, I think the best way to fix it would be to make class sizes smaller. My district maxes us at 34 students per period, which is pretty average. Some of my friends in other district max out at 38 or 40, which is huge. A smaller classroom lets students learn better, create greater teacher investment, and reduces burnout (one of the reasons education is so bad, since there is a nigh constant teacher turnover).

I have mixed thoughts on mandatory attendance. On one hand, I wouldn't have to deal with my students who are jerks. On the other hand, they will spend all day high (in b4 hurr they're all high at school, I know) and not disrupting class, but on the other, they'll basically be the future citizens who depend on welfare.

TLDR smaller classrooms is key

SAUCE

Get rid of affirmative action. All of the problems solved overnight. All of this is the effect of paying to put people in school that do not belong there.

this
It was never meant to be able to educate people past a certain point. Its mainly daycare.

>mandatory uniforms
>have it be a privilege, not a right
>can be expelled if grades are too low for too long
>allow academic probation from middle school on up
>remove common core
Let the idiots who don't give a shit fend for themselves. My high school years were an absolute nightmare, full of dindus and spics interrupting class and disrespecting the teacher.

>can be expelled if grades are too low for too long

Do straight D's keep me from being expelled? I preferred video games to doing homework but my test scores kept me afloat

It would depend on how well you do on the quarterly or semester tests.
If your daily work and grades don't show progress but your tests/finals do, then you might be "eligible" for academic probation. During that time what you miss in terms of homework and lessons you will have to make up on your own time when you return back to school. You'll hit the ground running for sure. Fortunately you can work on what you're missing during the probation.
It's not a good thing but at least you won't be expelled.

S A U C E
A
U
C
E

In America?
Kick the blacks out.

>you will have to make up on your own time

I'll take the expulsion and just play Counter-Strike from 9 AM - 3 AM instead of 3 PM - 3 AM like I did when I was in school

this

sure wouldn't mind examining the proportions of her golden triangle if you know what i mean

Don't you know that your becoming a NEET is how terrorists win?

Its very simple, federalize the school system and allow states to control their own school system. We used to function this way and had the best education in the world. Sure a few states will get cucked, but i prefer that over this shitty meme we have now which is leading to government influence in teaching and overall shit schooling.

>tfw when your post kill the thread

I'm a middle school teacher, and this is something I am constantly thinking about. The following changes could fix public education.

1. Critical pedagogy is the root of all of the problems facing education today. It's essentially Critical theory applied to teaching and learning, but there's actually nothing critical about it. Simply put, it's cultural Marxism, with all of its baggage, applied to education. It's a special snowflake, student centered pedagogy designed to create useful idiots. Thomas Jefferson Education provides the perfect alternative and is an improvement of Classical Liberal Arts education.
2. We need to track students by ability. Teaching classes with mixed forces teachers to teach to the lowest common denominator. We're not allowed to do this because SURPRISE different ethnic groups have different abilities and some kids just aren't that smart. Alternatively, we could allow students to drop out after 6th grade. This would have zero negative effects on society because dumb kids never really learn, and minorities will almost always vote for their racial interests.
3. We need to get Jesus out of science and get Marx out of history. As a traditionalist, I think that some form of religious education is critical, but this shit is holding us back. History is always political, and our history courses are designed to make students hate whites and their country.
4. Get the feds out of education. Seriously, who is this gullible? How could you be less knowledgeable about states' rights?

Anyone interested in this topic should research critical pedagogy and read “Dumbing Us Down.”

making it public that it was just intended as a control system for the 99% of the populous too dumb to do anything.

as was its original intent all is in order here.

>critical thinking makes you stupid
Whatever you say pal

>"critical thinking" is actual critical thinking
have you ever been to a modern school m8?

'Critical pedagogy' is an approach to teaching and learning based on 'critical theory' (which is roughly equivalent to cultural marxism), and yes it makes a you stupid, pal.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_pedagogy