>Made it early
>52k a year income after taxes
>Upgraded car from 03 camry to 15 accord with luxury package
>Moving out into luxury apartment in like 3 months with gf
>Feelin like its all not enough for the school I put in and hours I put in
>Lookin at carguru
>See a '14 Maserati Ghibli
>payment goes from $350 to $660
>affordable but makes things abit tighter, little less spending money, little less goes into savings
>Have a layout of bills once I move but still haven't actually moved yet
>car is available to look at today
>legit thinking of bringing the car home today and not even discussing it with gf

wwyd Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nOZnqnB6xDo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>52k/year
>Made it

And now you're going to buy a car you can barely afford the sticker on, only to have it break the bank on maintenance fees.

You cheeky bastard

I'd live within your means, good forbid; normal car, normal apartment - you yuppie bastard

Watch Doug Demuro's video on why that car blows.

Get a 5.0 and supercharge it.

Also 52k is pretty avg bro.

>finance car
If you can't buy it outright you can't afford it and therefore its a stupid financial decision. But anyway go for it, when the car finance bubble pops in a couple years time I'll be waiting to pick up a nice nearly new second hand 1 from some tool who couldn't afford it

why? maseratis are basically show off cars, for the same price you could get something much more performance related. Maseratis are for assholes who show off how much money they have, and you don't really have much to show off (compared to people who buy maseratis). Not to mention any repair cost is going to be 1k+
hell if you get a flat tire it's gonna cost more to replace one tire than to buy a whole new set for the accord

>>See a '14 Maserati Ghibli

Goofy choice. Don't waste on some overpriced toy like that. Cars are disposable, get something respectable and not so wildly over the top. Blend in.

Put some timestamp on this puppy dude

>20m EU
>college first year
>no money
>no gf
>no real friends
>no car
>no nothing
>come home at 7pm go to sleep 4h later
My life story

>if you have to finance something you can't afford it
>any and all loans shouldn't exist
>nobody should have a house
>everyone should drive $5000 beaters or ride bikes

gud 1

This. Watch Doug's video

Well i certainly wouldn't be on Sup Forums on the first place.

youtube.com/watch?v=nOZnqnB6xDo

Same expect I'm 22 and have a car. The loneliness is what kills me

Really. I have been lonely for 3 years.

I actually got used to it. I don't feel sad being lonely. I accept my situation

But kind of hurts Seing other lonely people that just can't handle being alone.

You can find great cars for 5-7k usd.

I haven't accepted my "loneliness". I've never really been lonely before, only the past 3 months since I moved to a new country. Still trying to meet people daily (Tinder, bars etc) but it's not quite going too well. I usually spend my nights smoking alone and playing guitar

Dumbass. Buy your nigger car and live like a chump in an apartment for the rest of your life.

$52k is poverty, buy a cheap electric car for work, I bought a chevy volt for about $4k and haven't paid for gas since I bought it. Save your money, invest, Robinhood, and Acorn are great apps. If your smart and young dont listen to your dick, dont listen to your girl, dont listen to your friends. Rich people dont get rich because they waste money on frivolous shit like a broke ass brit GT car. Save, work, put your nose to the grind stone and make something of your life. Quit worrying about how other people see you, do whats right for you.

Nice strawman. Mortgages are totally different to financing cars.

Not really. You're borrowing money for something you can't afford outright. And it's not guaranteed to appreciate.

Get the car, fuck everyone. You're young, 52k is not poverty like that autist said. Your girlfriend has no say in anything because she's a woman and its your money. Is she as smart as you? Probably not.

Why buy that when the 2005 BMW M5 in manual is a much more fun car to drive?
You want a show off car and not a fun car
Get something that's actually fun to drive
Fuck, I'd say even the new MX-5 is a better choice, and it's a Mazda!

>be 24
>work at sobeys (shitty superstore in canada)
>live in welfare trailer in a wild life preserve
>ride dirt bike to work everyday
>make 24k a year
atleast i got to fuck around after 16

Long term trend for house prices is up. Mortgages are more or less going to be with you for most/the majority of your working life making short term downturns almost a non issue. On the contrary, a car is more or less guaranteed to depreciate. Do what you like anyway, just remember very few people "make it" by putting everything on credit.

>Also 52k is pretty avg bro.
Not OP, but 52k after taxes is probably about 65k a year before taxes. Really it just depends where you live and how bad the housing prices are there.

If you make 65k in Kansas you are making a lot of money, but 65k in California is borderline poverty.

>52k is poverty
Look at this wealthy cunt.

I make way less than half OP and have a vehicle, decent apartment, bitchin gaming pc, and a good cable internet connection. How the hell does someone with your kind of money have the ability to worry about shit? Y'all turned into pansies playing life on easy for so long.

>$52k income
So about $2800 take home per month.

>$660/mo car payment
$2140 left
>$250/mo insurance payment, since you're 20
$1890 left
>moving into a "luxury apartment" that is at least $1250/mo otherwise how is that luxury
$640 left
>utilities $100/mo
$540 left
>phone bill $50/mo
$490 left
>gas expenditure $100/mo assuming you live close to work and drive every day -- probably more tbh
$390 left
>$200/mo on food if you literally never eat out and buy cheap shit in bulk
$190 left
>netflix, game subscriptions, literally any other household expense or thing that happens = $100/mo
$90 left

this assumes you're on your mommy and daddy's medical insurance, and don't pay $250/mo for that.

have fun op, hope gf has a decent job to bail you out, or enjoys those 'luxury' ramen dates

>>Feelin like its all not enough for the school I put in and hours I put in
Being this millenial

>So about $2800 take home per month.
I hate to point out your stupid math, but 52k after taxes per year is 4333 take home per month.

>made it
>$52k/year

Pick one.

you're a dumbass he said after taxes

op is still an idiot but learn to read

I wouldn't buy it but it's your decision at the end of the day

4333 * 12 is 51996, are you retarded?

Don't do it. I just bought a 2017 focus rs, I love car, it was definitely worth it but damn it sure does make things a bit tighter than without. I make roughly 65k a year from my main job and close to 15k a year from my rental income. Don't be an idiot, if your going to purposely make your life difficult at least get a good car

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

didn't see it was after taxes

so add on $1533/mo to the end of that, about $1600 left assuming all those figures are close

if the "luxury" apt is higher than $1250, you save less
if you spend more than $200/mo on food, you save less
if you have any cc debt at all, you save less
if you have student loans, you save less

you can make it work if you spend basically nothing else OP, otherwise your savings are non existent

>are you retarded?
Yes I am.

You seem personally offended by all this. What is bothering you user?

Get an investment portfolio and a roth dumbfuck dont buy a Maserati. You can have the Masarati when you're 35 and have more money to spare.

what are you on about weeb?

trying to encourage OP not to fuck up his credit at 20 years old and get locked into something he'll regret in a year

If you don't own a house don't buy an expensive car, cheap cars are just as good really
Never ever finance a car

Buy a car you are happy with, not one for looks and long term misery

>financing a car with 20
The noggest move a nigger can do

Especially a used out of warranty one... good luck when something fucks up on the car and you have to spend $3K to fix basic shit.

I didn't buy my first luxury car until I made $300,000/ yr. OP don't do it. Save your money buy a house first.

>moving into a "luxury apartment" that is at least $1250/mo otherwise how is that luxury
Where the fuck do you live that 1250 is luxury? That's my rent for my shitty apartment because I've lived here a few years, identical apartments in my complex are 1600 and luxury apartments are $2300+ in my area. Hell, I've seen one a couple towns south that was going for $3800 a month.

same I mostly rode my bike and drove a used corolla most of my life. I'm 39 now and take home $729k after taxes. Just bought myself a brand new Acura for $30k last year. It was a stretch but the wife and I made it work.

exactly, if it's $3k/mo which is actual luxury, he's fucked

I said $1250 assuming he lived in bumfuck nowhere where that is actually considered luxury

You make 50k a year and you want a Maserati. You have to be kidding me dude, who taught you how to manage money? Let alone taught you about cars?

If you can barely afford to buy the damn thing it's going to be impossible for you to afford maintenance. This is a European car dude, you can't wait longer on maintenance schedules like you can on Japanese or American cars. That shit will break down fast. And the bills will skyrocket.

Keep the Honda, wait a few years, and then buy a fun weekend car. Daily the Honda so your nice car doesn't get fucked up by stone chips, curb rash, door dings, etc

>be 36
>single
>GED
>2 years of tradeschool
>no college
>92k/year
>own small house
>drive 2002 pontiac grand prix
>on track to retire when 45

Enjoy your artificial penis enhancement. Hope it's worth it.

It's genuinely a junk car. If you're getting a car like that, lease a new one. If you mean to have a new car every three years or so, leasing is excellent (assuming you don't smoke). You won't have to pay what may be very, very expensive maintenance.

I drive a 2017 Jaguar F-Type, via a lease, and it's been awesome that way.

Trust me, you want the Maserati name, but everyone in the car world thinks that car is total fucking shit. It's genuinely horrible, just check the reviews. Get the F-Type, Porsche Cayman, or something else, like a general luxury car, and lease it to keep the payments down.

If you buy this car and finance it, it will be a seriously bad move, and all of the maintenance falls on your shoulders. I wouldn't touch it by a mile.

finances aside, don't buy a Maserati, they're garbage

Maseratis have horrible resale because the maintenance is awful.

52k is not "made it"

Don't do it, faggot

You'll still feel empty as fuck inside don't do it

If you're a 20 year old man-child and people see you get out of this car, they will not think you "made it". They'll think you're a pretentious douche living off of his parents. Also this times 10 if you're not white.

How do I 2 year trade school $90k salary?

t. 6 year college bachelor and masters degree $52k salary

Depending on the area, and how many kids (if any) a person decides to churn out, $52K can be very good. I live in the Rust Belt, and make probably $50K myself, and my wife also makes $50K. I grew up in a trailer park, and this quality of living is unreal.

We live in a town home, drive decent cars, travel like a mother fucker, and I chalk it up to not having stupid fucking kids. It's the shit.

he's 36

he could have 10yrs exp in which case 92k isn't that impressive

Sometimes the trades can be difficult, because certain professions take knowing somebody in order to train. HOWEVER, the trade skills are desperately understaffed, in so many regards. Finding a trade can make you insane amounts of money.

I have one friend, for example, who's probably now in her early 30's, but she decided to become an electrician's apprentice and was instantly making $60K in her early 20's.

Because most trades are in crucially high demand after 2 decades of society insisting you have to go to college. Electricians, plumbers, carpenters, etc, all have huge shortages in manpower. No retarded internships, no high school, none of that. Just do what you're good at, the way god intended. Make fat stacks.

This^
Don't be a fucking retard. Spend 30 tops on a car. Build your portfolio, and make sure you keep 6 months worth of expenses in a savings account. Start a 401k, buy a fucking house (paying someone else's mortgage sucks). Wait till about 35, then buy something fun.
Oh... and don't tell your fucking girlfriend how much you have saved

I should also add: If you're going to actually finance a car like that, you need to make sure the monthly payments are of such little relevance, and so easy to pay, that maintenance won't cripple you.

I know I said it before, but look into leasing. If you can budget for always having a car payment, and you like prioritizing a car in your life, it's the best possible option.

Is your island loaded with faggots like on Mykonos?

You are giving up on getting ahead at 20 years old for a stupid car you could buy in cash in 3 or 4 years if you invest the money instead. Well, you will deserve the paycheck to paycheck life that might end in poverty anytime that you are trying hard to cultivate.

>all the butt hurt in this thread
$52k after tax at age 20 is excellent. Most 20 year old I know are busting ass in college as they will be for another 2 years until they graduate for a $50k starting job, MAXIMUM, and that's assuming they're not taking a meme degree.

Don't listen to them OP. You're doing good, also don't buy the car you fuck head. There's always later, you're still young.

nobody said he wasn't doing good

people are saying don't buy the car or at least don't buy a fuckin maserati shitli

Life is about doing what makes you happy. If you question that, you'll continue to do so until you admit defeat. Your choice.

My decisions were taken away from me. From my understanding, happiness is forgetting unhappiness. How could I forget, if I can't?

The thing that pisses me off is that it's for the Maserati name, and it's only going to trick people who are too dumb to realize that the Ghibli is fucking trash.

He could lease a number of Mercedes, BMW, Audi, or other models, and save a fuck load.

Cars are a waste of money. And $52k isn't a lot really. I make more than twice that and would probably not considered a $600/mo car payment. It is like burning cash.

im14andthisisdeep

A house is fine if you are in a reasonable market. Shit I have three because I can get them for $100-150k each and rent them for close to $2k/mo.

bruh fuck all these hatin ahh niggas mane. go whip that mase like a bad bitch cuh

>I make $104,000 usd after tax

Sure you do kiddo.

This is a depressing thread. Remind me of that dumbass on YouTube who bought a Lamborghini he couldn't afford and soon after lost his job.

japanese cars are the best. fuck the english

It's your money, do what you want. If you can do it, and want to do it, then fucking do it. But also consider maintenance and insurance. Those are not cheap to own.