Why are hipsters obsessed with looking "manly" while doing everything but?

Why are hipsters obsessed with looking "manly" while doing everything but?

Looking manly =! acting manly

>Why are hipsters obsessed with looking "manly" while doing everything but?

They don't look manly, they just grow beards to hide their growing [craft] beer gut.

It's a spectrum!

Did you forget a t?

kinda pissed flannel is now fucking hipster. had a nice collection of gitman's growing too

Its not really hipster if you don't have a beard, hitler youth hairdo and shitty tattoos

The answer is in your question.

overcompensating

Gitman is fucking awesome

Absolutely nothing wrong with a nice american made flannel, don't let the cucks bring you down.

Gitman makes some fine shirts. I want to get another Hawaiian from them for the summer.

No man, I've been wearing flannel since I was a kid, hipsters can't take it away from you.

Wearing flannel while chopping large trees is still manly

>hurr durr why don't men dress like men anymore
>19th century beards, short well-groomed hair, and collared flannel shirts come into fashion
>still complain every day

If that looks "manly" to you, you might be gay.

Flannel is timeless. They'll be on to their next fad in a bit.

Remember grunge? Fashion comes and goes. Hold strong.

>buying a $180 Hawaiian or plaid shirt.

insecurities

That's masculine looking? Hmm guess us Gen X'ers are just completely out of touch.

Because in their social circle, its all they're allowed to do to express themselves as men.

Everything else is "problematic."

they want to be alpha like max payne

The beard fad is particularly annoying for me.
I grow facial hair at an extremely fast rate. If I want to stay clean shaved I have shave twice a day. I have a neatly trimmed beard just for convenience. And these faggots are forcing me to be associated with them.
I don't wear my flannels anymore because they ruined those too.

underrated leaf. very uncommon

with this level of insecurity I doubt you were much more masculine then they are in the first place.

Growing a beard is halal, everything else is '''''''''''''''''''''''toxic'''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''masculinity'''''''''''''''''''''

Because it's ironic. Hipsters thrive on irony.

>Because in their social circle, its all they're allowed to do to express themselves as men.

>Everything else is "problematic."

Great point.

>i was using flannel before it was cool
you are a fucking hipster idiot

Because they're self-loathing pussies who lack the character to act like men and sneer at problematic, outdated manly behaviours, but at the same time they secretly desire to powerful, stable and respected the way that the idealized versions of the male stereotypes they imitate are.
Ergo, since they can't actually act like real men and have this cognitive dissonance where they both secretly want to be real men, but outwardly have to disparage and disrespect real men, they have come up with the system of ironic fashion. By taking on the superficial appearance of bluecollar workers "ironically" they can feel like they embody the proletarian spirit of manliness (or whatever) while also being able still act like a pussy and distance themselves from the icky perspectives and behaviours that the men they're cosplaying as embody.

tl;dr: They're playing dress up because they secretly want to be real men, but allege that it's "ironic" to prop up the idea that they're better than real men.

>max payne
>emo bitch
>alpha

Oh look, it's the BudMillerCoors user back to shill for his favorite form water.

>Did you forget a t?
finally a good shit-post from you crazy canucks.

>the men they're cosplaying

holy shit

MFW

See the chart

>Tfw I have a thick beard and look damn good in flannel, but no shitty haircut or tats
>keep my stache trimmed above my lip and have a strong jaw and cleft chin thats hidden by the beard

They ruined the lumberjack look

Are you one of those craft beer weaboos?

>putting gel/wax on your shitty haircut and using conditioning mousse on your stylized beard is considered 'manly' now
real men still look good even when they've just rolled out of bed

The left want to destroy the very symbol of being a man so they attack it at its source by making faggots grow them
Also the beard in the OP is not manly at all and is reflective of a spineless cuck who is doing it for a trend. Just, as I hate to say it most Hockey players currently are doing it for the same reason and it looks like shit

putting product in your hair was the norm for men until the hippies came around. Walking around with bedhead to prove you don't care about your personal appearance isn't masculine .

Despite their tendency to masochism, they're vain creatures that don't want to be looked down on, even if they're the ones doing stupid things that makes them deserve it.

So they pretend to be this tough guy, while doing faggy things. Of course, when you challenge their manliness, they revert to the faggots that they are and cry in their Tumblrs and whatnot.

Just keep destroying their sense of self-worth and you can get to them. And once they're broken and down, and you're kicking them while they're down, you can begin making real men out of them again.

There will be those who'd take the easy way out.
>Suicide
Let them. They are weak and deserve extinction.

There will be those who'd fight back. Those you have to destroy completely. They, too, deserve extinction.

And there will be those who would see the light and come back. Show them the light and bring them back to the fold.

Ive seen a guy like this in Melbourne, except he was a hardcore vegan, always had an opinion about something, but didn't pull his weight when the chips are down.

I fucking hate Melbourne, its so full of pretentious hipsters who whinge and bitch at everything and get fuck all done.

If I find one who has legitimately good work ethic, and didn't sound like a bitchy whiny teenager, ans wasn't part of the PC club you can split my dick and call me Caitlyn.

why do they wear glasses that are just cosmetic? why do they wear shits for bands they dont listen to? why do they wear suspenders when they are also wearing a belt?

>real men still look good even when they've just rolled out of bed

This is not how the "real man" thing works. Masculine behavior is to treat personal grooming as a tool to leverage status in society. Feminine behaviour is to be vain about your appearance and base your self esteem off it.

>why do they wear suspenders when they are also wearing a belt?
if we took them off would he die?

I personally resent this because these people have invaded the restaurant industry. They advertise "organic, locally sourced meat, local grown produce, cooked over local wood"
And everyone thinks "GEE WIZ THESE MOUNTAIN MEN SURE DO MAKE GOOD FOOD"
When everything is delivered to them and they have no part in actually "sourcing" this stuff outside of using local agents to find small farms for their trendy $50 for a plate of pork chops and veggies restaurants.
I have to deliver from my farm to these dickholes and while they're nice they seem to not understand the concept of weather.
>sorry, we can't get you any flats of blackberries and basil until the rain eases up
>"you don't understand I need this today for our dish"
>well maybe you should watch the weather channel there's lightning hitting all around the property, I can't ask anyone to harvest when they might get zapped
>"well that's going to be an issue for me"
If they want a field full of Mexicans picking their shit for 5 dollars an hour in any condition, go do that. Don't source local farms for produce if you can't handle the concept of local farms.
Austin has earned "please nuke" status, bring the rain Kim Jong, I'm out of the radiation zone anyway.

Somebody was butthurt.

About what? It makes fun of niggers and reddit types as well.

As a cook, I now have more of an understanding, after reading your post. Thanks

Melbourne has the only electorate in Australia in which the Greens won a seat on the House of Representatives in the last election. Just some trivia.

You mean Alpha? How would you know, you omega.

Hipster is the new grunge, but without any memorable music.

oh look its yet another retard trying to imply that macros don't have similar abv to their favorite "craft" beer

I am considered Hipster among my friends, but I am no hipster by far unless you count liking good music and having fashion as hipster.

I let my beard and hair go because I'm honestly lazy, I don't dress like that though.

>having fashion
i just reported this, have fun in the pokey, faggot.

>liking good music and fashion

Only a hipster would say this.

It's nothing to do with being manly.

Beards and facial hair in general aren't 'in style' to the general population. Therefore, it's hipster to have it.

Parsing error inbound.

Pretending to be leet and intelligent is fun though, isn't it?

It's right there in the definition of "hipster", they wear shit they hate to be "ironic", hipsters despise traditional masculinity so of course they will adopt the look

"Grungers" wore flannel because it was warm, cheap, durable, and timeless; and of course Cobain et al wore it. Hipsters wear it for some sort of abstract ironic 'statement' that I haven't figured out yet.

Did you just call yourself a hipster? are you fucking retarded?

nope you're not a hipster, you're a full blown faggot.

Didn't mean to quote my post at the end there.

because looks are all they have , character has to be lived.

compensating

I live in San Antonio and some of those dweebs come here

Do you really have a small farm? Its my dream to do that. What do you grow? i'm guessing blackberries and basil. Do you go on /out/ for the gardening/farm thread?

Because they are fagots emulating Victorian era European(/American)s because this is the time period when graphic design started to really kick off and the bicycle was popular. The ubiquity of Apple products and Vector graphic design/ web design "web 2.0" boom reignited that market. They don't all know that because they are bottom tier members (fake professional-consumers) of the cult that is Urbanism.

The beard is to compensate for their femininity and weakness

Hey man you do you, I'm just referencing chefs in Austin, I can answer any questions you have if you'd like. I'm just saying these hipsters that are totally removed from agriculture are willfully ignorant and a pain in the dick. I don't own it, I manage harvest and farmers markets as well as restaurant deliveries. We do Plums, Pomegranates, Oranges, Lemons, and figs in small batches. Peaches, strawberries, blackberries, and various herbs in large batches.
I also grow my own zucchini and squash and tomatoes for farmers markets, whatever I don't eat from that garden goes to market.

>I'm just referencing chefs in Austin
Chefs in Portland sound the same as in Austin, so much meme ingredients and they have no idea how any thing is grown. They like using buzzwords.

how splendid. Do you own land? I think i'll overgrow my backyard if i keep up my gardening

>why are hipsters concerned with looking hip
because they're all self-absorbed faggots who care about nothing more than image

>Traumatized by murder of family
>killed hundreds of baddies
>emo bitch
Nice b8 m8

they just grow beards to hide their effeminate low test facial features. pretty much any guy can grow a beard by just not shaving so long as he's not a fucking androgynous limp dicked faggot.

Why is Sup Forums obsessed with appearing manly despite being anything but?

All the metal in the middle is pretty fucking solid but nice try

>butt hurt hipster detected
Fuck off

Case in point.

It's pretty similar here. The good part is most chefs here will go to the farm and visually inspect to make sure it meets their expectations, and the farmers market we sell at does the same. Lots of memes and whatnot but when I work the market it's pretty cool because our neighbor stands are two French Vietnamese women who have croissants and the other neighbor makes raw organic dog food so I can nab breakfast from the dinks and some treats for my doggo.
I own three acres in my area with a double wide on it and rent it out to some meth heads, but my mom's family has a 3,000 acre ranch on the border where I manage some goats, and I manage another property west of Austin with 42 head of Brangus grass fed beef. I grow the veggies out there in raised beds.
One of these days I'm gonna say fuck it and open my own food trailer and cook Brisket, sausage, and pork ribs as I've pretty much mastered it and I can get mesquite wood from the border property.
I was a pre-law student with a 4.0 GPA but I'd prefer cooking meat and selling it to BBQ illiterates over working in an office.

Hey man, don't you dare dis my Ink Master look.

Fuggin this.

Much better than when everyone had Bieber hair ten years ago.

>pre-law

Kek.

I had a nice job line up for me in oil and gas, they offered to pay for law school if I signed a contract to work for them. Didn't have the stomach to work in fracking knowing that shit was about to get the axe from Madame president or Boinee Sanduhs.

According to this chart I am:

>9.5% chad
>0% nu male
>23.8% le gentleman
>38% neckbeard
>0% nigger
>28.5% other

What about you guys?

Working out is too hard and school said violence and nationalism are a no-no.

/thread thanks user

I'm in Portland and I see dudes like op's picture all over. It's a little ridiculous.
Normally I am okay with people doing wtf they want as long as they aren't hurting anyone, but the sheer intolerance of the SJW hipster millenials here is absolutely mind-boggling.
In my opinion (and no one asked), it's an entire generation that is in dire need of being bullied a few times.

Fact: Entitled rich daddy hipsters are more likely to physically assault you due to lack of consequence growing up.
Fact: there easy as fuck to beat up due to there lack of pain tolerance as a result of there easy life.
Don't be fooled, there as beta as fuck.

I think it is poetic justice that the godfather of hipsters is red pilled, racist sexist trump supporter. He's a real man. I'm proud of your boy

Some of you boys are fucking cringey as hell.

There is a clear difference between a man and a goddamn hipster limp wrist.

Hipsters act like faggots IRONICALLY. They are actually trying to teach us the danger of faggotry.

I'm the guy who single handedly brought flannel back btw. I started wearing it about 3 years ago and everyone was like "whoa, look at that cool dude wearing flannel, flannel has been out of style for years! but he looks rad. so flannel is cool again!" that's seriously what happened. It all started with me. You can trace it back to my location.

I went to a college campus wearing flannel because I knew college students were the most susceptible to my influence. They all saw me wearing flannel on the campus and the virus I created spread from there. Three years later and the entire country is infected.

Thanks senpai

beer is not fattening, and I bet you piss drinking yokels have the highest obesity rate amongst whites.

I live there too =( thing is I am also technically millennial but dont act so cringy like the ones your talking about.. It's not really the entire generation just 70% of it