What are your thoughts on guns, Sup Forums? Yea or Nay?

What are your thoughts on guns, Sup Forums? Yea or Nay?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defensive_gun_use
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

whoever has the most wins.

I should have a gun, you should not.

I'm down for whatever helps me get the nuke faster.

This

Guns make smart people safer and reduce the number of stupid people. Anything that does that can't be all bad.

We should have chips inside every human being which can detect anything we do and temporarily paralyze us at will signaling the police to come. The chip can detect evil intent and record what we planned on doing and prevent us from doing it. With that in place guns would be completely safe and we can use it for protection from wild animals while we're 100% safe from all other humans.

You do realize that a guns sole purpose is to kill things? A car is incredibly useful for transportation but an unfortunate side effect is that if you're not careful you can hurt someone. Using a club is no where nearly as effective at killing people, same with hands. You don't see mass killings or massacres with a fucking club.

Psycho-pass?

>a guns sole purpose is to kill things?
No a guns sole purpose is to shoot at things

There is literally no other use for a gun than killing/injuring things, that is what they're made for.

>informal definition
Okay bud

What other reason would you use a gun for?

You want a chip to detect your intentions and decide whether or not they're evil. How good is Netflix at figuring out what you might want to watch? Lets not implant that kinda shit just yet, huh?

What about using a gun as a military salute shooting in the air? What about shooting a lock off a fence? What about guns as decoration in a collection to show off such as antique guns or rare guns?

They're fucking useless to civilians.
Give them guns when they're in a hunting club, and only at said club.
Give them guns when they are in the police or army.
Other than that, people shouldn't own them. They haven't really helped too much in the last 10 or so mass shootings, they won't help in the next 10.

Defense. Which is an entirely different definition than 'kill'

Honestly, personally I would like for guns to be legal, because I have enough sense to avoid being shot, and I'd love to own a rifle. Am ausfag.

But I can see the sense in banning guns:
1. Escalation - criminals usually only carry guns when necessary. Remove guns from citizens and criminals have no reason to carry them.
2. It's much harder to kill someone with a melee weapon. You have time to think before you kill the tweaker and the tweaker has time to think before he kills you.
3. Protecting idiots from themselves, and protecting others from idiots, especially children.
4. Criminals will always have access to guns, it's true, but if guns are banned, they will only use them on each other.

Having the ability to fight back against tyranny makes sense, but if most of the country wants to fight back with guns, I don't think you could stop them whether guns are legal or illegal.

last frame is wrong
should be
>OMG, you shot that man to death. We need tighter gun control.

How does it defend you other than shooting at a person? If you are in a situation where you need defense you use your gun to shoot at someone/something.

But user, how do you stop criminals who don't follow the law from obtaining fire arms? Rape is illegal yet people still do it, murder is illegal but people still do it, theft is illegal but the government still takes most of my paycheck. How do you stop criminals from getting them?

...Yeah. Like what the definition of 'Defense' means dumbass

I don't fucking know, i'm not a genius in this shit. I just know that other countries who keep control of their guns don't have a fucking mass shooting every day, where as we do and don't do shit about it but complain.

The point is no matter what, the penalty is a temporary paralysis that doesn't cause any lasting damage so even if it screws up, it records what happened and we fix it and improve the software.

OK, so 2 of the things you mentioned were for decoration/aesthetic, and one was possibly hobby-related. Would you, even possibly, lower the possibility of mass shootings in exchange for less fucking decorations?

So you're provide g my point that it's only used to hurt/kill?

proving*

If you remove Blacks and Mestizos from the U.S. population, white Americans commit gun crime at the same rate as the capital of the Netherlands

I just proved that it's use is defense on those who have intent to kill. You can't just put a gun on the floor and expect it to gain a conscience and start murdering people. The person is the one who has intent

It literally cannot hurt to ban guns, worst case is a few hobbyist are mad. On the other hand, it has a definite possibility of lowering murders and mass shootings.

Yeah well, removing blacks and Mestizos is probably more unlikely to happen than removing guns is. Both cause war, but one only causes it in america via gun control civil war whilst the other causes a race war across the world in anger of w/e shit happens in america to blacks and pals

Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws yet the highest gun crime.

Where's evidence that gun control helps against mass shootings? Because it's easy to blame guns every time one happens including if they got the guns illegally, and yet even if you have 99.99% control and the 0.01% happens and everyone is unarmed, he's going to destroy tons of people before police arrive and no one else can stop him. Especially if people go for rural communities with a small amount of police and can possibly even start with the police then exterminate a town of 250.

same as i think of knifes

You're right, we should give everyone the ability to kill people because at the end of the day the person is at fault?

Yes you fucking moron. Anything can be used to kill. More people die to cars than guns

Even if it were a 1% chance to lower the murder rate, wouldn't it make sense to try it? I can bring up multiple statistics about countries with strict gun control but I know there's going to be some excuse for all of them.

Depending on who you believe, there are anywhere from 55k-3.2 mil defensive gun uses per year. (lowest end is a Liberal Harvard guy who cuts massive numbers from his surveys as "not credible") Even at the lowest end that outnumbers mass shootings, gun accidents, gun suicides and gun homicides PUT TOGETHER.
>can't hurt, because I'm too dumb to see if maybe they are used for defense

i live in mexico, guns are banned here and the guys who do have guns run the place and nobody can do shit to stop them cause they have big fucking guns and if i pull one and kill one of them to defend myself i get locked in a cell but my other option is getting killed

Like I said earlier, cars are almost essential for people in terms of convenience, you don't need a gun for any reason in day-to-day life. It's an unfortunate side-effect that people die to cars and that's why there are harsh penalties for things like DUIs and new laws are being passed all the time.

Source?

Live somewhere with niggers, and you'll need a gun more days than not.

Okay, then tell me how you would take the guns away from the citizens and also from the criminals. How would you go about making this "common sense" gun control I hear so much about?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defensive_gun_use

Freedom > Hacker hacking chip to paralyze you and take your wallet.

shut up faggot

I think anyone and everyone who cares about self defense or defending there family should own an ar15 and a glock 19.

Nice argument

And the act of attempting to hack either their own or someone else's system will automatically trigger their own and paralyze them.

>cherry picks one study from a whole article about the many different studies and their results.

Are you this dumb in real life?

As a security researcher, easier said than done.

Um yeah I want my gun to be made for killing lol.

Not disagreeing with that necessarily, but guns are a poor defence compared with high quality locks and security screens. And you'd want to make damn sure you shoot them first or else you'd be better off hiding.

Lol, I work in network security. Good fucking luck. Might as well say we will all have a unicorn that protects us with its horn.

Defense in depth. Good locks and screens slow them down enough that if they do make it through, I'm locked and loaded with a bead on where they will be coming through.

Look at your statistic for gun defence, then look at world gun fatality rate per year. Compare those numbers.

Which statistic? the 2.1-3.2 mil one was a study upheld Marvin Wolfgang, who was acknowledged in 1994 by the British Journal of Criminology as the most influential criminologist in the English-speaking world,[17] commented on Kleck's research concerning defensive gun use: "I am as strong a gun-control advocate as can be found among the criminologists in this country. [...] The Kleck and Gertz study impresses me for the caution the authors exercise and the elaborate nuances they examine methodologically. I do not like their conclusions that having a gun can be useful, but I cannot fault their methodology. They have tried earnestly to meet all objections in advance and have done exceedingly well."

why do the police and army need guns if civilians have none?

"And you'd want to make damn sure you shoot them first or else you'd be better off hiding."
Hiding can get you killed in a home invasion.
Fighting back can get you killed to but waiting for them to find you is curtain death/hostage situation.

>tfw ~2mil more gun defence cases than gun fatalities

You are aware that a gun can be used defensively without killing someone, yes?

PS - Also if you're so worried about getting shot body armor and tourniquet's are something to look into.

If you can't realize why that sounds retarded then I really, truly, don't know what to say. Congratulations, you win.

How is that retarded? Guns scare criminals away every day. That's just how it works.

Not him, but pulling a gun on a criminal without using it is a terrible idea if they're armed.

There are a billion youtube videos showing people running off criminals with a gun, are you seriously this retarded?

Yeah, but most of them aren't. And even if you shoot the gun, most people don't kill what they are shooting at.

Agreed if it's in there hand and they're looking at you but otherwise you can tell them to drop it and if they don't comply then you shoot.
You're supposed to only shoot if they're a threat to you or others.

That idiot clearly never took the CCW course.

I firmly believe nobody on this thread needs a semi-automatic rifle except me. Please line up to turn them in OOPS I MEAN REGISTER THEM

Hey buddy it's called the law there's a reason cops don't kill every armed person they see.

unless they are black

ffs lol